Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seems to have improved

warchantwarchant Member Posts: 69

Maybe it's just me, but DF seems to have improved. I can't exactly place my finger on it, but it feels more professional and more solid.

So feeling more inclined to continue playing DF, I am left with wondering, what are the plans to increase pupulation?

If the game was more active in noob zones and in general, it might just begin to live up to it's hype.

Comments

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

From the looks of it, AV is betting on DF2010 and the Relaunch, hoping that it will increase the population once again.

Although we won't see DF2010 until somewhere in 2011, and nothing has been mentionned regarding the re-launch, aside from the fact that there will be a relaunch (probably just a publicity stunt or something).

• TwystTwyst Member UncommonPosts: 23

I remember reading that they were thinking bout jumping in with Steam. Steam has done wonders for indy games.

• Snaylor47Snaylor47 Member Posts: 962

Wish Darkfall was more like old runescape in terms of PvP.

My beef with DF was the whole "Your crap goes bye bye when you die.", which is not a bad thing at all(I played both RS and EvE for a few years). But when you have no safe zones for those who do not like that type of hardcore PvP you have yourself a minority group.

Tip to DFO, Lose the PvP any where thing and add a type of 0.0 or wilderness sector. Fix some of the AI and UI (Such as inventory) and I would sub in a heartbeat.

I don't care about innovation I care about fun.

• Luthor_XLuthor_X Member Posts: 431

Originally posted by Snaylor47

Wish Darkfall was more like old runescape in terms of PvP.

My beef with DF was the whole "Your crap goes bye bye when you die.", which is not a bad thing at all(I played both RS and EvE for a few years). But when you have no safe zones for those who do not like that type of hardcore PvP you have yourself a minority group.

Tip to DFO, Lose the PvP any where thing and add a type of 0.0 or wilderness sector. Fix some of the AI and UI (Such as inventory) and I would sub in a heartbeat.

Some NPC city's have tower protection. It means nothing if your clan is at war with another clan and you happen to find yourself face to face. On the other hand, isn't it nice to be able to kill that sob that pissed you off ;)

• nottorious91nottorious91 Member Posts: 19

I agree with the OP, started playing again for almost a week now and it seems I wont be stopping anytime soon.. its the 3rd try I give to the game (first was @ EU launch, 2nd 1 year ago, both had about 1 week in them).

The game seems solid, I really like the concepts behind it and am able to take the grind (alt+tab harvesting, some nightime swims). I got PKd about 2 times but nothing out of the ordinary.. I play EU and I say its a lower end medium population... cant say its deserted...

Im in new and there are about 60 active member and overall the game is fun, stable and addictive.. me likes :D

• warchantwarchant Member Posts: 69

An observation-

The AI seems to have taken shape in the game since last I played.

The mobs used to randomly run around constantly and it all seem more chaos than AI.

Now they seem to behave in much "smarter" manner.

I was using the terrain for cover and the mobs would not magically know I was there. If I made a mistake they might see me peaking around the rock or tree, they might not notice..

I could use objects to hide from incoming fire or to force the mobs to choose if they would wait or chase me around the object to engage me. I could use terrain to seperate groups of mobs, so on and so forth.

They would come aid each other which helps add challenge, but that could be dealt with in various ways.

• BuniontToesBuniontToes Member Posts: 529

Population has dramtically increased in the past few weeks.  The clans in my small allaicne have nearly doubled in size from returning playeyrs.

• kazamxkazamx Member CommonPosts: 165

My bet is that about a month after DF2010 launches they will have a welcome back week for all old players. The month gives them time to hotfix all the little bugs.

They could also do a special offer of free transfers to returning players.

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

Best MMO you will ever play.  /Thread

• deadmilkdeadmilk Member Posts: 173

I started playing a few weeks ago and I'm completely hooked! Been searching for my game since EQ pre luclin and I finally found it. Epic