Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Newbee questions

ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

With all the commotion surrounding SWG, I thought to get the trial and give it a try. But I have some questions as newbee to the game ;-)

1. I'm still on the starting station and every quest has a blue line telling me where to walk. How can I disable this blue line? I'm no 4-year old WoW kid who has to be walked around ;-)

2. The mouse/camera thing is a bit annoying to me. I'd rather have free mouse look, but have no idea how to do this (can't find an option for it). Instead I keep the system menu open to accomplish this.

3. Choosing side - How? Or does SWG use some sort of force meter that will head you in the direction of Alliance or Empire. If so, can I be neutral as well, and what will be the concequenses of being neutral?

4. Changing jobs is a bit fuzzy explained on the website. Can I change into any combat job and keep my current level, or do I need to level the combat jobs separately? Also, trader & entertainer start at 5 if I change to them. I guess those will level up normally as well?

That's it for now. Think I'll drop more Q's here later on ;-)

Comments

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by Reizla

With all the commotion surrounding SWG, I thought to get the trial and give it a try. But I have some questions as newbee to the game ;-)

1. I'm still on the starting station and every quest has a blue line telling me where to walk. How can I disable this blue line? I'm no 4-year old WoW kid who has to be walked around ;-)

2. The mouse/camera thing is a bit annoying to me. I'd rather have free mouse look, but have no idea how to do this (can't find an option for it). Instead I keep the system menu open to accomplish this.

3. Choosing side - How? Or does SWG use some sort of force meter that will head you in the direction of Alliance or Empire. If so, can I be neutral as well, and what will be the concequenses of being neutral?

4. Changing jobs is a bit fuzzy explained on the website. Can I change into any combat job and keep my current level, or do I need to level the combat jobs separately? Also, trader & entertainer start at 5 if I change to them. I guess those will level up normally as well?

That's it for now. Think I'll drop more Q's here later on ;-)

1) You can't diable it. It will eventually go away. Like most things in game, SoE started doing it and then gave up.

2) You can turn it off, it's in your settings.

3) Nope. Heads or Tails. Your in-game actions mean nothing. Do what you like, kill whoever you want, doesn't make you good or bad. And yes, you can stay "neutral". No negative to being neutral, actually it's the best thing to do as you can flop between factions as you wish.

4) Combat Characters = Combat XP, Crafters = Crafting XP, Entertainers = Entertaining XP. Switch from one class to another as you wish, but you'll start each class at CL5 (or wherever you left off).

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Big thanks Tux!

Only one thing... Point #2. Where's the option to turn it off? I've searched in the settings (there's a lot of them) and could not find it :( A hint in the right direction would be great...

• zZenixzZenix Member Posts: 6

1. As Tux said, it will go away.  This is only for the newbie zone.

2. I believe there was an option that lets you choose between different control methods ( Shooter style, MMO, etc ).  Look for a combo box (drop down menu).

3. You'll have the opportunity to join a side by visiting Recruiters once you're out of the newbie area.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Big thanks Tux!

Only one thing... Point #2. Where's the option to turn it off? I've searched in the settings (there's a lot of them) and could not find it :( A hint in the right direction would be great...

I'm terrible and I rebind far too many things...I'm fairly certain the default key is ALT (left ALT). I rebound mine to my mouse years ago so I could be mistaken...sorry if I am. >.<

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by TUX426

Big thanks Tux!

I'm terrible and I rebind far too many things...I'm fairly certain the default key is ALT (left ALT). I rebound mine to my mouse years ago so I could be mistaken...sorry if I am. >.<

Yup, that's the one - LEFT-ALT (and it can't be unbound). Glad I found it. I was getting sick from the mouselook camera. Too bad it's late already. I'll give SWG a further look tomorrow morning.

Still not sure if I'll join the Rebel Alliance or stay neutral...