Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally word on the CM F2P

RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

From here we receive word of the head honcho of CM, confirming that the trouble has indeed been of a contractual nature but is resolved now. My LTA persons heart feels quite a bit better now, atleast the worst isn't coming to pass and no accoutns/chars are getting invalidated.

Edit: He actually says its resolved, not about to be resolved, kinda big distinction there :D.

Comments

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

Originally posted by Rocketeer

From here we receive word of the head honcho of CM, confirming that the trouble has indeed been of a contractual nature but is about to be resolved. My LTA persons heart feels quite a bit better now, atleast the worst isn't coming to pass and no accoutns/chars are getting invalidated.

Great news!

Nice to get an explanation for what happened and that there was not much more CM could have done about it. I think they have done a good job keeping us updated on the forums. This delay really made me alot less excited to play LotrO but hopefully the excitement will return when they actually release it.

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• DonnieBrascoDonnieBrasco Member Posts: 1,757

There is still hope for the free peoples of Middle-Earth after all.

DB

edit: I just realized how witty my comment is... free peoples...lol :D (wasn't intended initially)

Denial makes one look a lot dumber than he/she actually is.

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Originally posted by Papadam

and that there was not much more CM could have done about it.

Erm,  excuse me but that statement does not say anything of the sort!

Unless your unaware a "contract" is between at least TWO partys...  How do you not know that it was Codemasters themselves who wouldnt sign?

Given what we know about codemasters and their history I'm fairly certain that its codemasters themselves who have dragged this out.

The longer the delay went on, the more pressure has grown on Turbine to accept Codemasters hostage demands.

• IzorkIzork Member UncommonPosts: 381

Maybe they waited to see how LOTRO NA FTP went and first signed now, because NA is going well?

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

Originally posted by sadeyx

Unless your unaware a "contract" is between at least TWO partys...  How do you not know that it was Codemasters themselves who wouldnt sign?

Given what we know about codemasters and their history I'm fairly certain that its codemasters themselves who have dragged this out.

The longer the delay went on, the more pressure has grown on Turbine to accept Codemasters hostage demands.

Lets not forget that it was WB who announced the release of LotRO F2P for Europe without having a contract of the sorts with CM ok? And about the history of CM ... yeah the history is we had 3 years of near perfect service going beyond what Turbine offers and then suddenly CM decides to screw their players over. Couldn't have anything to do with the change at leadership of Turbine now WB ...

And about DDO, that was quite obviously a 3-way party between Turbine, CM and Atari, and given that the CM only "rented" the rights from Turbine i can't see how they would have had much say in the outcome.

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

Originally posted by sadeyx

CM are the biggest losers from this delay while Turbine probably are the biggest winners (EU players going to their servers) so I think it's pretty safe to say that CM were the ones being screwed.

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• DonnieBrascoDonnieBrasco Member Posts: 1,757

Originally posted by soponyai

How about we stop trying to blame one company or the other and just be glad that the game will go on as planned?

That'd be swell, only problem is: it's not aligned with human nature to behave so. Especially not on boards. :D

DB

Denial makes one look a lot dumber than he/she actually is.