Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Korean Open Beta started...

NeasNeas Member Posts: 887

Shame u need a KSSN and corresponding Name

:(

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, EverQuest 2 World Of Warcraft European
Truly Loved: World of Warcraft

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, EverQuest 2 World Of Warcraft European

Comments

• sephiroth360sephiroth360 Member Posts: 95
    KSSN?

• NeasNeas Member Posts: 887

you know their social number thingy. Basically nobody from outside can join etc :P

Still no EU final beta yet heh :P.

• SpoonthieveSpoonthieve Member Posts: 84

apparently loads of swedish people have gone on Korean FB, probably because they are tired waiting for euro. Not sure how they faked the KSSN, but apparently faking it is punishable by death (in Korea, swedes should be safe if they don't go on holiday there).

=========================

• kulgan18kulgan18 Member Posts: 74

image Are you sure thats not North-korea??, they sure take the Kssn seriusly there. 

And besides, what can you do in there if you dont speak a word of the language...reading the quest and stuff?, you would have to play the game by memory...

That truly probes how desperate people are, bliz should start waking up and speed up the European launch...really what takes them so long?? translating?? please tell me is not the same team that made the War3 translation...

When Europeans get their final translated voices is gonna be funny ....and tragic at the same time.image

• RazorFRazorF Member Posts: 5

Hey

I succesfully created an account with my friend Mr. Google and with some help from a guide. The guide also pointed me to which server I should join.. To my surprise, that server is only inhabitated by European players and I've only seen 3 korean players so far ::::06::

Well, I got it to work with the US OB client, so everything is in English and ping isnt that bad (~200-400)

where you get this 'guide' from anyways?

• spielfuehrerspielfuehrer Member CommonPosts: 12

i am in the korean beta as well. for german speakin ladz there is a nice guide in the forums of www.inwow.de (community forum; thread: koreanische beta; site 16).

u play with the us client, so everything is english for u. some problems occour with server choosing since u dont have any korean letters ingame. but still its fun to play.

• JooztJoozt Member Posts: 46

well ive tried. lol.

i cant come up with a good google KSSN so end of the line. Its not easy picking out the name of the person from those Websites lol :P ah well.. i geuss its waiting time again, bah got my hopes up::::16::

I asked one of my korean friends at uni to read and make me an account :)

hehe, quickest way.

He made an account also... seems they allowed 3 accounts per person.

any chance that friend of yours could make an account for me as well ? ::::08::

cool i got it to work.. only prob now though is that i lag like hell.. on all servers :s ( well ive tried 5 or so )
    i live in the netherlands and have an 8mbit connection.. is it just the distance or what ?

yup.

you cant have anything less than 600 ping i believe :p. Still lets you get a sneak peak i suppose.

Originally posted by Neas
    yup.you cant have anything less than 600 ping i believe :p. Still lets you get a sneak peak i suppose.imageBeta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, EverQuest 2 World Of Warcraft European

heh yeah im walking around with a 500-800 ping but still doesnt really effect the game much. The only thing going slow is talking to NPC's. Prolly was a server prob when i lagged like uberhell a few days ago::::27::

• BorgheimBorgheim Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by kulgan18

When Europeans get their final translated voices is gonna be funny ....and tragic at the same time.image

TRANSLATED?????? image
    U mean... They translate it...
    I Hope... I really hope u mean French and German 'cus if they are gonna translate it to swedish im going on a killing spree! image 

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Borgatory -x- Borgheim -x- Borgwhat?

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

1 4|\||] 0|\|_1

Borgheim!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

• is this legal? i dont wanna be playing and find the fbi coming to bust me up for international fraud or something.

its not legal if you get a korean friend to share his account with :).

sorry to bump this thread but this is the appropriate place for this post.. Is there any news on when the beta will end? I've heard players online speculate it'll end soon and was wondering if that was true or not.