Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cataclysm Cinematic Intro

LenceLence Member CommonPosts: 109

Comments

• jadedlevirjadedlevir Member Posts: 628

Hate or love blizzard, you gotta admit, they got some cool cinematics. I also like that you can actually see the marks deathwing left in the cinematic in-game.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

I prefered the lich King cinematic and the original intro is still the best =]

Originally posted by TwilightEdge

I prefered the lich King cinematic and the original intro is still the best =]

Lich king was pretty cool, but i prefer tbc and this one myself. But thats just because illidan is a bamf.

edit- actually, going back and looking again, lk was definitely the coolest to me.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Blizzard sure knows how to get people hyped, lookng forward to cataclysm!

• MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437

Where is that Penny Arcade strip, when WOTLK was out, Tycho is so hyped by the new scenery and all, he goes to an NPC, and says something like.. "this is so incredible, i can't imagine the amazing adventures we will have here, it will be epic!!" and the NPC seriously replies "Go kill 10 murlocs"

lol

• FreeBooteRFreeBooteR Member Posts: 333

Not bad little intro but as far as dragons go, meh. Even "The Shatterer", a lowly dragon minion of a far greater dragon, looks more impressive.  Let the dragons wars commence!

Archlinux ftw

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

It's unfortunate that WoW's graphics are nothing like their CGI trailers. Oh well.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

My business with WOW was brief and long ago. But they know how to make cinematics. Loved Diablo for it, and this is just as epic.

If only the game itself wasn't in such a stark contrast, teh. It's like showing a Paul Bocuse ad and then sell burgers.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• KruulKruul Member UncommonPosts: 482

They have awesome trailers, wish the game looked to par

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

I still won't be returning to WoW, but I did enjoy that trailer.  Very nice job.

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

That was kind of disappointing to be honest.  Just focusing on the clip itself and not all that is wrong with Cataclysm or DW's role in it.

DW is resting in DH.  He decides to leave.  There are some examples of the damage this causes as he flies across Azeroth to land on Stormwind.

And...?

And...?

Well...and...?

Yes, the LK cinematic was definitely nifty.  The original was damn awesome.  This one though?  Lolwut?

edit:  Take a look at the cinematic for DCUO for a well done cinematic in this day and age.  Though, lol, cannot stand the game itself - it is a great looking cinematic.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• ClocksimusClocksimus Member Posts: 354

Out of all the opening for WoW I believe this one ranks the lowest for me.  That is pretty sad considering I'm a huge deathwing fan  with this whole gone mad "I'm gonna kill you all!" deal with this story.

Not like we don't know what will happen either in the story progression.

TBC -> You kill Illidan

WOTLK -> You kill the Lich King

Cata -> You kill Deathwing

Originally posted by VirusDancer

That was kind of disappointing to be honest.  Just focusing on the clip itself and not all that is wrong with Cataclysm or DW's role in it.

DW is resting in DH.  He decides to leave.  There are some examples of the damage this causes as he flies across Azeroth to land on Stormwind.

And...?

And...?

Well...and...?

Yes, the LK cinematic was definitely nifty.  The original was damn awesome.  This one though?  Lolwut?

edit:  Take a look at the cinematic for DCUO for a well done cinematic in this day and age.  Though, lol, cannot stand the game itself - it is a great looking cinematic.

The trailer just shows what the expansion is about. Deathwing is being rebuilt and fortified and when he becomes stable enough, breaks through the maelstrom, which causes the tidal waves you see, and sunders parts of the world, which is why you see barrens ripping apart. He then flies towards grim batol i believe, and leaves a large path of destruction which is relfected in game. It actually ties into the game very well.

When you first log in after seeing him sunder the world, your gona see a split barrens, todal waves, storms everywhere, the large path he leaves, his claws on stormwind's towers, the part of stormwind he destroys.

Not as comprehensive as it could have been, but i thought it was pretty good.  Were it lacked depth in explaination, it makes up in, damn thats cool.

Edit: This probably explains what im saying better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b97YaqcnQM

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

Originally posted by Clocksimus

Out of all the opening for WoW I believe this one ranks the lowest for me.  That is pretty sad considering I'm a huge deathwing fan  with this whole gone mad "I'm gonna kill you all!" deal with this story.

The voice acting is great, but I think the scene works better without a voiceover.  The monologue is redundant and reduces the brutal-force-of-nature impact of the scene to know there is a mind behind it that feels a need to explain itself.

• MAnalogMAnalog Member Posts: 86

Great! The game will be nothing like this.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Nice trailer, kinda like all their Cinematics, tho they never drew me back to play WoW again as I stopped my off and on play at BC.

Still think that a movie made like their cinematics would be the way to go for a Warcraft movie, instead of the much delayed live-action movie.

I think I could even enjoy a new Star Wars movie made like those new cinimatics from SW:Tor instead of the Clone Wars movie which I actually never even watched regardless it's Star Wars.

• midmagicmidmagic Member Posts: 614

Originally posted by Lence

The cinematic is cool. The dialogue is blah.

Blarg! I'm a dragon. I'm going to kill everyone.

Been there done that. Probably would have been better from the perspective of the inhabitants of Azeroth (maybe one of the other Dragon Aspects) instead of one-dimensional Deathwing.

Forever looking for employment. Life is rather dull without it.

• DerWotanDerWotan Member Posts: 1,012

Honestly Blizzard knows perfectly how to create such epic trailers and Websites  too bad the game isn't looking like this. I do like this trailer, tough its not as epic as the Vanilla and Burning Crusade one its still damn impressive.

The CGI should (I think) explain, how Netharion aka Deathwing is regaining his power and then decides to burn down Azeroth...However lorewise it doesn't make sense because DW got his plate gear finished a long ago.

You gotta wonder how tall this guy will be ingame once you are fighting him. It really sucks that you heroes will soon be able to kill him alongside with Arthas, Illidan and all the other great lore persons. Loved the Kil Jaeden approach "don't let him enter the world" way better!

Hopefully they'll go full CGI with the Wacraft movie.

We need a MMORPG Cataclysm asap, finish the dark age of MMORPGS now!

"Everything you're bitching about is wrong. People don't have the time to invest in corpse runs, impossible zones, or long winded quests. Sometimes, they just want to pop on and play."
    "Then maybe MMORPGs aren't for you."

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

Originally posted by DerWotan

Honestly Blizzard knows perfectly how to create such epic trailers and Websites  too bad the game isn't looking like this. I do like this trailer, tough its not as epic as the Vanilla and Burning Crusade one its still damn impressive.

The CGI should (I think) explain, how Netharion aka Deathwing is regaining his power and then decides to burn down Azeroth...However lorewise it doesn't make sense because DW got his plate gear finished a long ago.

You gotta wonder how tall this guy will be ingame once you are fighting him. It really sucks that you heroes will soon be able to kill him alongside with Arthas, Illidan and all the other great lore persons. Loved the Kil Jaeden approach "don't let him enter the world" way better!

Hopefully they'll go full CGI with the Wacraft movie.

This is one of the major turnoffs about the game, in a sense.  It is mainly what I got out of this short clip.  These are folks from lore that have commanded vast armies, fought against the awesome powers that be... yet 10-25 characters go in there and whack them.  Hundreds if not thousands or more of NPCs have been fodder to these beings... yet - tada.

It makes it hard to suspend disbelief in regard to the raid being able to pull it off and leaves it hard to accept that in the end there are so many people of power on the planet...that a speck of dust would be out place.

DW shatters Azeroth.  DW retreated to DH after fighting against the other DFs.  But 10-25 are going to rock his socks?

If the clip had been more about...everything else going on instead of pointing to this flaw, it might have been a better clip.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• Mari2kMari2k Member UncommonPosts: 367

Well not bad, but compared to the other cinematics from wow its the worsest. Lich King was so damn epic because of the musik und text that was spocken, hard to top this.

• DrSmaShDrSmaSh Member UncommonPosts: 454

Not as epic as I have hoped for... vanilla cinematic was just pure epic, all the fighting and stuff. TBC cinematic blown me away - it was epic, it was funny, there was fighting and "YOU ARE NOT PREPARED" was just a chary on top of it.

WoTLK was meh... kinda interesting but... I missed "our" characters in it. And same goes for this... just some dragon flying off and destroying stuff... but it all feels so empty. When that tidal wave hits Booty Bay... moments before that we should have seen some rogue and warrior fighting in the inn or something over something stupid and then both of em trying to get away from the water etc.

I mean... it's just empty. It's not bad but... Blizz can do it way better.

Every time I read your post, I die a little inside...
  • Netgamer7kNetgamer7k Member Posts: 62

Originally posted by DerWotan

You gotta wonder how tall this guy will be ingame once you are fighting him.

We won't be fighting him directly. We will be assisting Alexstrasza every now and then while she continues to deal with Deathwing. Deathwing is finally defeated in an epic battle between the two aspects outside Grim Batol. Why else is there official concept art of the two aspects fighting each other? Why else are there quests detailing this battle (and defeat) in Grim Batol?

Regarding the cinematic, it was brilliant. Seeing Deathwing get all armored up (because his rage is literally tearing himself apart, causing his natural scales/skin to fall off) was awesome. It was in the books if any of you bothered to read them. The previous cinematics are old and boring, especially the Burning Crusade's. Sorry, but it's true. Go rewatch them, they're dull. Don't let nostalgia clog up your mind, and this is coming from a 6 year WoW veteran!

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq4Y7ztznKc

fixed it for you so people can just click link rather than copy/paste

• nordamaxnordamax Member Posts: 92

Good Trailer. But i am tired of WOW

• ArnstrongArnstrong Member Posts: 281

Originally posted by Asheram

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq4Y7ztznKc

fixed it for you so people can just click link rather than copy/paste

It shows the current state of mind of some folks that even this is not even appreciated.

Blizzard is simply too big for a very bland  "mmorpg" scene.

No one can help it either this industry is an example of bloodless talented people with bursting egos.

Go figure.