Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What race will you pick for your 1st character? Why?

Comments

• theartisttheartist Member Posts: 553

Originally posted by deviliscious

Originally posted by colddog04

Originally posted by theartist

Charr. The rest of the races are pitiful and weak.

Considering how bland the choices were in GW1 compared to 2... This.

I want my lizardy cat-goat bad ass as soon as possible please.

Okay, I am not seeing the Lizard part. Can you point that out to me? image

I always thought of them as bull-demon-cats. The way they talk sounds lizardy. They are a pretty strange creature overall.

I thought they were goat cat beasts with bird feet. image

Lizard part in the foretracted claws and horns. Seen some artwork with some of them not seeming so fuzzy as well.

Felines and mammels generally have receded claws. (That doesn't mean retractable always.)

Like a dog's nails are still grown from the top of the toe and curl about. Where as a reptile's nails grow at a more extended location and becomes part of the digit rather than just on the digit.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Originally posted by Teala

Char are just mutant "Taurans" from World of Warcraft...look at them and read their discription.   It's like they fell into pool of Fel Magik and were mutated into bad-arse, meat eating, killing machines, from the abyss.

Huh?

You have to stop eating that granola.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

The asura will win the day, silly bookah.

Why? Because asurans are small targets and have affinity with the arcane. I do tend to play offensive spellcasters and the attitude is hilarious.

I most certainly will not play a sylvari, those emo-hippies...

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

Charr. The rest of the races are pitiful and weak.

Considering how bland the choices were in GW1 compared to 2... This.

I want my lizardy cat-goat bad ass as soon as possible please.

Okay, I am not seeing the Lizard part. Can you point that out to me? image

I always thought of them as bull-demon-cats. The way they talk sounds lizardy. They are a pretty strange creature overall.

I thought they were goat cat beasts with bird feet. image

Lizard part in the foretracted claws and horns. Seen some artwork with some of them not seeming so fuzzy as well.

Felines and mammels generally have receded claws. (That doesn't mean retractable always.)

Like a dog's nails are still grown from the top of the toe and curl about. Where as a reptile's nails grow at a more extended location and becomes part of the digit rather than just on the digit.

After reviewing a ton of goat horn pictures and lizard horns.. those are clearly goat horns. Their feet  shape look more like a bird talon with more toes than a lizard:

Bird:

Lizard:

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

After reviewing a ton of goat horn pictures and lizard horns.. those are clearly goat horns. Their feet  shape look more like a bird talon with more toes than a lizard:

Bird:

Lizard:

I think your picture of lizard feet looks funny for some reason.

I also think Charr feet are closer to lizard feet.

Edit: Or maybe dinosaur feet! Birds and reptiles are closely related.

http://bucketfoot-al.tripod.com/DinoModels/Rex_Rt_Frt.JPG

Bird:

Lizard:

Yea, dinosaur feet are kinda like a mix between bird and modern lizard feet! that is it! they are like furry dinosaur feet!.. with more toes image

Bird:

Lizard:

Yea, dinosaur feet are kinda like a mix between bird and modern lizard feet! that is it! they are like furry dinosaur feet!.. with more toes image

I present exhibit B!

& C!

Bird:

Lizard:

I present exhibit B!

& C!

Lizards walk on  more flat footed than charr. The charr seem to be walking more like Birds.. and T-rex. LOL

Someone seriously needs to ask  the creator of the Charr  what they based their design on. image

Mike B needs to add that to the list of questions! image

Lizards in motion walk almost exactly like birds do tho'. These guys are just being lazy.

• peacekraftpeacekraft Member Posts: 189

I will probably pick Norn. I loved the whole - individual heros before organised armies / leaders thing they had going on in GW1.  A Norn could have such an epic saga written of his adventures and that seems to fit best in my mind with the personal story aspect.

That said I would like to see the decendents of my GW1 Human characters realised in GW2 so I will definitely play a Human or two somewhere down the line.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

I will be human because I am anti furry. Yes I am against non humans talking to me. It is disturbing. Yes, I know that is a freak thing to hate, but I do. I personally dislike any non human race being in any game ever, and feel this furry fetish is forced upon me by the gaming industry. image

But then again.. I am against classes too, and would like to see more non class based games so I could actually have a variety of games that did not annoy me to play. image

Non humans should be on a plate well seasoned after being slow smoked with a variety of wood. Not talking to me telling me they want to be eaten like this pig:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1nxaQhsaaw

Very interesting.

I feel EXACTLY the opposite. I think the inclusion of humans in FANTASY games is ridiculous. I "play" a human EVERY fucking day of my life.  There is no way I would play one in a fantasy game.  Oh sure...I had to play one in Fallen Earth, and I will play one in The Secret World, but...those games are based around real world "reality" type settings.  Games with dragons and fairies and swords that glow are not in the same category (in my opinion).

Having said all that...I appreciate your opinion. The great thing about gaming is that it allows us to play with multiple "personas" within a game. So...I can hear where you're coming from, I just have a different take on it. :)

EDIT:

Oops...forgot to reply to the OP...lol :)

My first two characters will be Sylvari and Asura, probably in that order. Sylvari appeals to my joy of playing races that are sort of...I don't know...treehugger types, I guess. Asura appeals to my fantasy about being a genius (which, of course, in RL...I am NOT)! lol

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

Originally posted by just1opinion

I will be human because I am anti furry. Yes I am against non humans talking to me. It is disturbing. Yes, I know that is a freak thing to hate, but I do. I personally dislike any non human race being in any game ever, and feel this furry fetish is forced upon me by the gaming industry. image

But then again.. I am against classes too, and would like to see more non class based games so I could actually have a variety of games that did not annoy me to play. image

Non humans should be on a plate well seasoned after being slow smoked with a variety of wood. Not talking to me telling me they want to be eaten like this pig:

Very interesting.

I feel EXACTLY the opposite. I think the inclusion of humans in FANTASY games is ridiculous. I "play" a human EVERY fucking day of my life.  There is no way I would play one in a fantasy game.  Oh sure...I had to play one in Fallen Earth, and I will play one in The Secret World, but...those games are based around real world "reality" type settings.  Games with dragons and fairies and swords that glow are not in the same category (in my opinion).

Having said all that...I appreciate your opinion. The great thing about gaming is that it allows us to play with multiple "personas" within a game. So...I can hear where you're coming from, I just have a different take on it. :)

EDIT:

My first two characters will be Sylvari and Asura, probably in that order. Sylvari appeals to my joy of playing races that are sort of...I don't know...treehugger types, I guess. Asura appeals to my fantasy about being a genius (which, of course, in RL...I am NOT)! lol

I actually like the traits of the Asura, but it would irritate me too much to play them because they are so creepy. LOL

I do not mind creatures in the game, It just annoys me when players play them and get " too" into character. I can just see it now when the Charr are in "season" LOLimage

Walk in to what you thought was an abandoned building only to find some kind of nekkid freak animal frenzy going on.. oh my! It was bad enough when you walk in on human characters.. but geeze there are going to be charr and asura everywhere . =0!

People can go ewww all they want, but we all know that is what happens on every game. I have never played a game where I didn't run into some kind of freak show. LOL

• PlurksPlurks Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by just1opinion

Very interesting.

EDIT:

Well, I guess I agree with just1opinion here. Role playing games allow us to mingle with things and creatures that we do not get to interact with in the real world. It allows us to be stronger and well, cool in infinite ways possible and inclusion of HUMAN in the game just reminds us that the mmorpg world isn't real. Or whatever, i just think that by having to kill monsters and huge ogres and different creatures makes the game more revealing and gripping. Oh well, that's just what i feel about it.

I'd be a Dual Gunner, or any sexy gunner chick. LOL. What can I say? I'm an Angelina Jolie/ Tomb Raider wannabe.

Go to hell master!

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I actually like the traits of the Asura, but it would irritate me too much to play them because they are so creepy. LOL

Creepy? Annoying, arrogant and irritating are words that fit but creepy?

Clowns are creepy, and mimes. Asuras ain't.

Originally posted by Loke666

Yea.. mhmm.. you say that now, but if there was one standing in your bedroom while you were sleeping and you woke up to it breathing on you chances are you would grab something and start beating it till it couldn't anymore! LOLimage

They are like... Gremlins!! image

• melvis1500melvis1500 Member UncommonPosts: 16

So much arguing about the furries. Who gives a shit? There are real life furries, those are the ones you should worry about.

• bazakbazak Member UncommonPosts: 283

Originally posted by bazak

Originally posted by SgtFrog

Originally posted by Rynne

snip

snip

snip
    snip

ok im gonna have to stop this short not everyone who likes to play non humans in a game has a furry fetish first of all as proof im going to give the definitions of those two words in the way you are using them

(dictionary.com)

furry

1670s, from fur + -y (2). As a noun, in reference to anthropomorphic animal characters with human personalities, by 1996. Related: Furriness .

Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper

fet·ish/?f?t??, ?fit??/ image Show Spelled[fet-ish, fee-tish]

–noun

an object regarded with awe as being the embodiment or habitation of a potent spirit or as having magical potency.

any object, idea, etc., eliciting unquestioning reverence, respect, or devotion: to make a fetish of high grades.

-------->Psychology . any object or nongenital part of the body that causes a habitual erotic response or fixation.<--------

so essentialy your saying anyone who likes to play non human characters has a sexual fixation with animals/animal like creatures. this is what i take offense to and what everyone here considers trolling

and as to calling it childish playing games and reading fantasy is childish how?

and also i never make fun of anyone with any medical condition just because maybe some fictional creatures were made up because of them doesnt mean that those creatures are used to make fun of those people anymore.

btw with the two definitions you have, they were TWO seperate definitions and altho they had something to do with eachother an anthropomorphic creature is not always a furry too, not here to fight but i realy dont like being generalized in such a fasion.

(btw with the gay thing he wasnt saying it was as serious but he was saying it was essentialy the same idea and rude)

I provided definitions  and links earlier in this thread of exactly what I meant. It was not necessary for you to redefine. Though if you look at your definition above, you can see that it applies.

I did not bring up the Yiffing issue. Froggy did. I made a joke about it and provided a cute stuffed animal video to accompany it.

Please show me where I stated that ALL players wishing to play nonhuman races want to be sexually involved with animals? Oh yea, I did NOT state that anywhere.

Yes, Fantasy is childish. It always has been that is why they call them " fairy tales" and they are usually classified as " childrens books". They do not move them to the adult section unless they contain "mature content".

Seriously though, If people feel that strongly about playing some cartoon animal, that they would take offense over harmless humor they have more issues to be concerned with than their furry fascination. LOLimage

I meant no offense, it was all in good humor.

ok i will take your word then that you did not mean to offend me or anyone else (wasnt in much of a good mood yesterday which at least doubled the level of offense i took). and yiffing i have absolutely no idea what that is and i have a feeling i dont want to (main reason i picked that post to quote from you was because it was the last one you had made not in particular because of the content of that specific post).

as to the sexual part im thinking part of my brain made the short leap between the two words "Obsession" and "Fetish" since fetish in the way i was thinking is a very specified obsession mixed with one specific post where you said "well at least you admit it" i think i didnt quite understand your view of things and got a bit mixed up.

now onto the other matter as to what you consider freaky well i guess that is personal opinion ( i diverge heavily with you there as there is no true normal and the most cool and inturesting people are usualy a little bit crazy.). in the end what i think i got caught up on most was the word obsession which the way you said things in your posts came out to mean that anyone who didnt like non human characters was freaky and obsessed with them which would be a huge and very bad generalization.

in the end i think it is that generalization that is what offended people the most. (and i still contest your definition of a furry)

hopefully this puts things in order

(edited for length purposes)

ok i will take your word then that you did not mean to offend me or anyone else (wasnt in much of a good mood yesterday which at least doubled the level of offense i took). and yiffing i have absolutely no idea what that is and i have a feeling i dont want to (main reason i picked that post to quote from you was because it was the last one you had made not in particular because of the content of that specific post).

as to the sexual part im thinking part of my brain made the short leap between the two words "Obsession" and "Fetish" since fetish in the way i was thinking is a very specified obsession mixed with one specific post where you said "well at least you admit it" i think i didnt quite understand your view of things and got a bit mixed up.

now onto the other matter as to what you consider freaky well i guess that is personal opinion ( i diverge heavily with you there as there is no true normal and the most cool and inturesting people are usualy a little bit crazy.). in the end what i think i got caught up on most was the word obsession which the way you said things in your posts came out to mean that anyone who didnt like non human characters was freaky and obsessed with them which would be a huge and very bad generalization.

in the end i think it is that generalization that is what offended people the most. (and i still contest your definition of a furry)

Wait, then.... what is your stance on furries?

Are you pro or anti-furry?

I think after reading all of this, I deserve an answer. :P

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

Originally posted by Loke666

Yea.. mhmm.. you say that now, but if there was one standing in your bedroom while you were sleeping and you woke up to it breathing on you chances are you would grab something and start beating it till it couldn't anymore! LOLimage

They are like... Gremlins!! image

This came to mind after reading this

:D

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

i realy dont care so long as they dont bug me with it or anything (although i would need your definition of furrys as if your talking about the people who are obsessed with that type of stuff then what i said applys, if your talking about things like the charr or devils definition of furry as being non human sentient things then i think they are important pieces of lore and history in these fantasy settings and as being a huge lore person when it comes to games and fantasy settings i am for there being non human sentients).

i realy dont care so long as they dont bug me with it or anything (although i would need your definition of furrys as if your talking about the people who are obsessed with that type of stuff then what i said applys, if your talking about things like the charr or devils definition of furry as being non human sentient things then i think they are important pieces of lore and history in these fantasy settings and as being a huge lore person when it comes to games and fantasy settings i am for there being non human sentients).

That's what I was afraid of.

Furry neutrality.

Furry neutrality.

ok answer me one question what is your problem with them and what definition of furry are you using (i am getting confused here lol)? ill make friends with anyone so long as they arent obnoxious or rude or anything.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Heh, furry political correctness, fun to see.

I'd recommend to not call them 'furries' anymore though since that could be perceived denigrating, but as 'fur covered people' or 'fur covered Tyrians'; just to avoid being called a furrist.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

Furry neutrality.

ok answer me one question what is your problem with them and what definition of furry are you using (i am getting confused here lol)? ill make friends with anyone so long as they arent obnoxious or rude or anything.

I'm just messing around.

My definition? I think furries are people that dress up in animal costumes and engage in... erm... coitus. 

Furry neutrality.

I'm just messing around.

My definition? I think furries are people that dress up in animal costumes and engage in... erm... coitus. 

ah then u are with me in that one at least that was what i thought before i came into this thread lol now im confused, altho i would also add in an almost unhealthy obsession with fur covered cartoon characters

This discussion has been closed.