Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW customization is OUT, RIFT customization is IN...

slim26slim26 Member UncommonPosts: 645

I am figuring WoW did not want any competition  with the up coming RIFT: Planes of Telera, so Blizzard retreated quickly and change the face of WoW completely and they just hit the 12 million sub mark. I read a lot of the post on WoW community and a lot of them I mean a lot, hate this change and a huge some are quitting! As for me.... I am going to stay around for about one month and see how this unfold.

As for RIFT/Dev-team if you are reading this, be ready for a MASSIVE number of players mostly from WoW, I prey that the severs can handle the flooding on release day. If the severs crash do not panic. 

WoW customization is OUI am figuring WoW did not want any competition  with the up coming RIFT: Planes of Telera so Blizzard retreated quickly and change the face of WoW completely and they just hit the 12 million sub mark. I read a lot of the post on WoW community and a lot of them I mean a lot hate this change, they are quitting! As for me.... I am going to stay around for about one month and see how this unfold.

As for RIFT/Dev-team if you are reading this, be ready for a MASSIVE number of players mostly from WoW, I prey that the severs can handle the flooding on release day. If the severs crash do not panic. 

jb

Comments

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

Negative posts on the Official WOW Forums, you say?  Gosh, that sounds unusual!  It must indicate that a lot of players are leaving.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• DhaemanDhaeman Member Posts: 531

Heard this before...you never know.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Wow should keep their eyes on Rift, the game is similar to Wow but a lot prettier. If it is more fun and attract players from Wow or not is something we don't know yet but don't underestimate Trion.

It might of course also release way too early and flop like certain other games.

• MAnalogMAnalog Member Posts: 86

Originally posted by Axehilt
    Negative posts on the Official WOW Forums, you say?  Gosh, that sounds unusual!  It must indicate that a lot of players are leaving.

The WoW forums are and have always been, the true heartbeat of the game. Having said that... RIP wow. You had a good run.

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

You mean the vast minority hate the changes. Yea i can dig it since not even a fraction of the player base actually use the forums.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Originally posted by MAnalog

The WoW forums are and have always been, the true heartbeat of the game. Having said that... RIP wow. You had a good run.

I would like to quote you on this so everytime I visit this website I know I will have future lulz when I leave a post.

• ironleviironlevi Member Posts: 122

Sorry, 99.9% of WoW players have never heard of Rift, nor do they care about any new mmo. They play WoW, they are excited about Cataclysm.

If you believe Blizzard is worried about competition from a new game these days, you are wrong. 

• slim26slim26 Member UncommonPosts: 645

Originally posted by ironlevi

Sorry, 99.9% of WoW players have never heard of Rift, nor do they care about any new mmo. They play WoW, they are excited about Cataclysm.

If you believe Blizzard is worried about competition from a new game these days, you are wrong. 

Look Blizzard is not GOD ok, they should be worried seriously. I am one of those players for 3 years now and I know about RIFT.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

Originally posted by slim26

Look Blizzard is not GOD ok, they should be worried seriously.

Maybe with gamers, but not the ordinary folks who play WoW but dont' follow any other mmo's.

WoW is not popular because 12 million gamers/mmo players flooded its ranks.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

Look Blizzard is not GOD ok, they should be worried seriously. I am one of those players for 3 years now and I know about RIFT.

They aren't worried at all.

• Originally posted by ironlevi

if any corp had that mind set, they wouldn't be in businiess for long. of course then know, and worry about the upcoming games. any progression that mmorpgs are making, believe that WoW is gonna try and step up to the plate, and either copy or try and out do it. it's what keeps the games going.

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

This wow killer won't kill wow just like none of the other wow killers did.

Troll much? Should they be worried like they were so worried by much bigger hype titles such as AoC, FF14, and Aion?

I don't think they are God. I don't even like WoW, but I have a brain.  

• EmhsterEmhster Member UncommonPosts: 913

It could have gone wrong if any good game was released in the past weeks... But it wasn't the case. Player boredom is real after a year of ICC raiding. Though, now  players got to try their new talents and soon, they'll have new their new toys with Cataclysm so Blizzard should be alright for another 6 months.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

Originally posted by Daddydazzle

if any corp had that mind set, they wouldn't be in businiess for long. of course then know, and worry about the upcoming games. any progression that mmorpgs are making, believe that WoW is gonna try and step up to the plate, and either copy or try and out do it. it's what keeps the games going.

I think they know their audience.

Blizzard doesn't sit on its butt and watch the money roll in while they toast to evil with snifters of Brandy. They know their market.

But I bet dollars to donuts that a good amount of the casual non gamer wow players don't follow games and pretty much play "WoW".

Have you ever spoken to a non-gamer wow player? Mention any game and they just don't know what you are talking about because they just don't follow games.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KrilsterKrilster Member Posts: 230

What you say is true, sadly. More than half the people I've played WoW with in the past never really played any other games nor do they now. I also believe Rift won't touch WoW in terms of "stealing" subs, Rift will be too demanding rigwise and most people playing WoW are too used to WoW  to even budge.

Personally, I can't wait until Rift comes out.

Tera, SWTOR, GW2, Earthrise, and EvE Incarna as well. Not including the 4 or so other SP/MP games coming out within the next 6 month. image

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

Ah, I see someone else knows how to be sarcastic too! 

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• ParadoxyParadoxy Member Posts: 786

How many times have we seen these topics? add RIFT to all the wannabe WOW killers list.

Who could have thought that WOW could bring super power like USA to its knees?

Originally posted by Arcken

To put it in a nutshell, our society is about to hit the fan, grades are dropping, obesity is going up,childhood the USA is going to lose its super power status before too long, but hey, as long as we have a cheap method to babysit our kids, all will be well no?
    Im picking on WoW btw because its the beast that made all of this possible

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

You mean to tell me that only 1,200 WoW players know about Rift? Where'd you get your stats?

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

Originally posted by skeaser

You mean to tell me that only 1,200 WoW players know about Rift? Where'd you get your stats?

From the same place you learned math?

• MAnalogMAnalog Member Posts: 86

Originally posted by TheHavok

I would like to quote you on this so everytime I visit this website I know I will have future lulz when I leave a post.

Feel free! I could have been quoted saying far worse things.

Originally posted by skeaser

From the same place you learned math?

I forgot a zero, sue me. Point still stands, making up stats does nothing for the converstation.

• vectrexevovectrexevo Member UncommonPosts: 167

Really, you really think rift is going to be that good......   We all thought FFXIV was gonna be that good...  Aion, war, aoc...la la la la la

Originally posted by vectrexevo

Really, you really think rift is going to be that good......   We all thought FFXIV was gonna be that good...  Aion, war, aoc...la la la la la

One of these days someone HAS to come through. One of these days...

• orlacorlac Member Posts: 549

Dateline 2012: "Remember that game Rift?"