Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Single player RPG's vs. MMORPG's poll

13»

Comments

• legend55legend55 Member Posts: 155

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

I strongly feel that at their base core, MMORPGs are some ofthe worst kinds of games on the market today.

If you strip away the online Social aspect ofthe MMORPG, I think you're left with a terrible product that would be laughed out of the gaming industry.

I fully believe that they only succeed because there's so many people craving social interaction with friends / relatives / strangers.  There's no way in hell I'd ever choose MMORPGs in this poll.

Games like Skyrim... shit even Fable II, entertained me far more than any MMORPG has.  But the allure of meeting another human being around any corner?

Thats a fetching thought... unfortuantely, however, its always packaged in a steaming turd of a game.

Some hard words for the MMORPG gaming industry:( But your right, basically MMORPG have to come up with more then just the social aspect to keep on living.Online gamers are evolving, they don't want just some game to play with friends. What they really want better developed MMORPG's. I can give a simple(maybe stupid) example: Runescape. Everbody played this games I am certain of that. Their succes was based on the variety of things to do.

• amitava82amitava82 Member Posts: 17
    Yep, I don't see how RPG can be better than mmorpg. The game has no use after the story is over. Its just too empty and dead. Its like playing with myself when I can go out and get a partner..