Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help With a New Case

ezjay1975ezjay1975 Member UncommonPosts: 131

So because of the ambient temp in my bedroom, I've decidie to move to a full size case. The one Iv'e decidied onis this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146068

Ive done my research and I don't know if I've missed the info somewhere or not but my question is this: What size of heatsink will fit in this WITH the 200 mm fan installed on the side. Would like to be able to fit the Coolermaster V8 in it. So if anybody as this case and could help me out I would appreciate.

General question:

Since I believe the a new generation of cards is about to comeout (correct me if I'm wrong) Im just going to crossfire my Ati 4850 for now ( getting one from a friend for $30). I have this psu:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182186

Will I have any power issues?

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348

If the problem is that it's heating up your room too much, a second video card in CrossFire will only make that even worse.  Or do you mean you have a small case that heats up too much, but the temperature outside the case is fine?

The power supply should have enough power.  You might want to pick PCI-E power connectors on different +12 V rails.  So long as you're not overclocking, and there's nothing else in the same +12 V rail as the motherboard (which will have to deliver a lot of power to the video cards through both PCI Express slots), it should be fine.  You should check the power supply manual to see how the cables are distributed among the +12 V rails, and make sure that the 24-pin motherboard connector has a +12 V rail all to itself.

Next time you pick a power supply, you might want to buy a more reputable brand, though.  And one with +12 V rails rated at more than 18 A each.  Overclocking the video cards is out of the question, by the way, as you don't want to push near the rated wattage of whichever rail powers the motherboard.