Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seriously LF Any game, ANY!

FearGXFearGX Member Posts: 317

Retired EQ player, Retired Runescape player, Retired FFXI player, Retired WoW player, Retired LOTRO, WAR, Aion, FFXIV 30 day free trials.

I played EQ for a good 2 years before retiring, it was a blast. I then played Runescape for 1-2 years and retired. FFXI for about a year then retired, played WoW for a blast 3 years before retiring in WOTLK (I won't be buying cata). Bought LOTRO on release, got to level 15 then retired. Bought WAR on release, got to about level 20 then retired. Bought Aion on release, got to about level 16 then retired. Bought FFXIV (recently) played till my job class (Gladiator) level 15, and othert classes levels 7-10, died of boredom and retired.

Since the time gaps of each MMO I bought that didn't go well with me, i've played many other non MMO games, mainly FPS titles. I will be buying the PC version of COD Black Ops next month (Nov 9th). Anyway this post is a plead, a begging message from someone who wants a new experience in the MMO gaming world. His over most MMO's his bought, over most of the games he owns, he wants something new (FFXIV was new but look at the forums and you can see why i've unsubbed, it's all mostly true, ignore the fanboys). He will play ANY game, any companies, any genre, P2P preferred, free trials preffered. F2P maybe but 80% chance I won't bother with it.

This gamer needs some time to spend having some fun. Even suggest a game that's not an MMO, give a link to gamespot or IGN or something. What would you be playing right now when you had nothing else? What's the game I haven't seen that I should?

I will be looking at all suggestions and doing researching on all games people offer me.  Thanks to all who post suggestions, I highly value anyones input.

-Fearless

Comments

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

You may want to try out Everquest II Extended...it's free to play and really good.

• FearGXFearGX Member Posts: 317

Originally posted by bigsmiff

You may want to try out Everquest II Extended...it's free to play and really good.

This is the first game i've tried after FFXIV, i'm about level 15, it is good but the payment options I don't like, and your pretty much forced to pay. I don't mean I'm against paying but I don't like the game enough yet to do so. Sorry I should of put this somewhere in the OP.

• Can't recommend any MMOs atm.

But for recent non-MMOs, I'd suggest Civ 5. Been close to a couple of weeks , but I'm still having fun trying out the different victory conditions and strategies. Still a noob tho image

Edit: Sorry! Forgot link.

• NicirinNicirin Member Posts: 9

I highly suggest you take a look at Trions new game. Rift Planes of Telara! It is going to be awesome!!! There are going to be 36 class trees, dynamic content, ect, ect... really a good MMORPG. I will quit filling the post with stuff and let you go look at the site for yourself.

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

Im in the same boat as you. I have a max character on like every MMO out there.

Just waiting for Tera and GW2 right now.

Im currently downloading Runes of Magic, I heard some great things about it.

It has a dual class system where you can combine 2 classes like a Scout mage lol

It has open PvP so ^.^ Yay.

I will start playing later today so feel free to join me if youre bored.

• cvettecvette Member UncommonPosts: 82

Just for fun and to kill a few days try the game TRINE is pretty fun

• MorgarenMorgaren Member UncommonPosts: 397

Runes of magic is ok, its charm wears off after a while but its worth playing while you do.

Guild Wars is a decent game for no sub, and I know I got a version that had the original game and the eye of the North expansion for $10 at a half price books store. so if you can find a good deal on it go for it, In my opinion its worth the $40 it normally retails for anyways so either way not bad deal.

as far as non MMo games, don't know,  I rarely play console or singleplayer games anymore, most RPGs now days are just kill tubes with cutscenes.

• VercinVercin Member UncommonPosts: 353

WOW is coming out with cataclysm in december which is going to completely change the old world of the game.

Which in a way is a great idea. Most games make expansion after expansion forcing players to farther and father gathering hubs while the old world is left to rot, and any new player would think the games are dead based on that.

However with the renewal of the old world all the new players will see the older/higher levels in all the same zones.

I've tried all the F2P and the thing is like some other previous posters stated after a little while you have to pay to be able to continue.

you can download demos or trials for pretty much all but the newest games

There is a slew on mmos coming out at the begining of next year though if you can wait that long.

The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

Not sure what games you are into exactly, but Civilization 5 is pretty fun, though you have to run it through steam which sucks, but it generally is a minor annoyance, unless you get the error "This game is currently unavailable" like I did the other day and almost shit a brick.

The Guild 2 is an awesomely fun game, though it doesn't have much of a tutorial and has a somewhat steep learning curve, so if you are big into tutorials, avoid it. http://www.theguild2.com/

Diablo 2 is always fun.  I have been playing that recently, picked it up from best buy for like 30$.

Fallen Earth is a pretty fun MMO, though I felt it lacked a lot of group content, and you can pretty much solo your way to max level.  http://www.fallenearth.com

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• andurandur Member UncommonPosts: 37

Minecraft is my recomandation. http://www.minecraft.net/

No really an mmo but it will be your drug for the coming weeks.

Here is a fan made trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaMTedT6P0I enjoy. :)

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

It looks like you want a game that capitalizes on fun instead of progression. I think you should play more non-mmo games. Have you played Mount&Blade Warband or Savage 2? I don't know what the Multiplayer popluation is like in them but its definately a lot of fun and they both have free demos.

• AmbassadorDvinnAmbassadorDvinn Member UncommonPosts: 339

Originally posted by andur

Minecraft is my recomandation. http://www.minecraft.net/

No really an mmo but it will be your drug for the coming weeks.

Here is a fan made trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaMTedT6P0I enjoy. :)

This

Serious death penalties makes every close call an adrenaline rush, and every minor achievement a major victory. This alternative rule-set should be in all MMORPGs.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Any of the games listed in my sig under "now playing" is worth a try imo. I divide my time between them all currently.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• buegurbuegur Member UncommonPosts: 457

I've been playing STO and Uncharted Waters along with Astroempires.  Uncharted Waters is interesting as it is significantly different from most MMo's in my opinion although it seems to have a rather large learning curve.  It isn't a fast pace game and I'm still not very advanced in levels so have no clue how the end game will be like.  Also I'm not sure how grouping benefits you yet.  There is some PvP but i haven't experienced it yet and there are safer spots where you are unlikely to experience it.

Astroempires is a fun brower game with no real graphics in the true sense but is a rather good stragety game with strong guilds.  You can solo things in the game but not belonging to a guild will definitely hurt you.  PvP is the name of the game, but it will require effort to find targets and make good hits.

STO i like for a faster pace and the amount of options available.  It definitely isn't everyones bag of tea as witnessed by a hugh negativity on these forums.  But if you like the Star Trek atmosphere and looking for something with a faster pace this might fit the bill.  PvP is really by choice and really doesn't have any impact on the game world as of yet.  I'm hoping it will in the future lol!

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

I am in the same boat OP with MMOs and good info...

MMOs:

SANDBOX: Ryzom - Great for crafting, skill progression, Roleplay, atmosphere (21-day free trial) - see link for vids, details etc. Should keep you occupied if you enjoy it for a long time.

THEMEPARK-ish: Guild Wars: Great combat, bit different, work on your Hall of Monuments for GW2, lore GvG etc. Affordable B2P on discounts for the collection.

F2P: LOTR or DDO

NEW: Vindictus: Beta 10/13/10: Interesting combat, sorta hub based dungeon instances. Probably won't last long for you.

Non-MMOs:

SC2, Civ5, Mass Effect 2, FPS?? (can't help)

Alternative:

MInecraft - try the classic version for free and still in Alpha is cheap and can be fun.

Future:

mmo- GW2, SWTOR, Rift, Tera, etc...

other- From Dust