Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Planetside 2 F2P?

Sora2810Sora2810 Member Posts: 567

Most people are complaining that planetside's subs were too high for a MMOFPS. Opinions?

I really didn't care. I'd pay for quality entertainment.

IMO, I think PS2 should keep subs, but rather adding free content. Nothing as big as new worlds, just weapon packs and such. I don't want to see a micro-transaction game. Granted, I would pay reguardless. I won't lie, planetside was number one on my list of, "Best Online Games Ever". I'd even play it now, PS's only downfall is it requires players. (Big shock). 

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

Comments

• AdardowenAdardowen Member UncommonPosts: 69

If they do make PS2 a sub game, the least they can do is give the content away free. No expansion packs, no DLC... if you're paying a monthly subscription, I expect content updates.

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

My personal feeling is that Planetside 2 may be forced into a microtansaction model by the competition, Firefall and others, not only that but I think in order to reach the "critical mass" to make it a great game in it's genre it'll need the exposure a MT game can get it.