Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the best game publisher?

So there's a thread about the worst game developer, how about we turn everything around. Let's discuss what is the best game publisher and why do you think it's the best.

I'm going to start off by saying that t3fun is one of the best game publishers out there. It's probably not one of the most popular since Blizzard, NCSoft, and a few others would probably be your top-of-mind. But I think this game publisher is doing pretty well in handling the games that they publish.

I'm not sure if everyone's familiar with WYD. This is like a century-old MMORPG lol but it is still alive and kicking. There are still very loyal gamers who are playing the game even if hundreds of newer games have been released.

And of course I can't skip Aika Global. The way they handle the game, in terms of customer service, in-game service and the GMs, I would consider it as having one of the best communities, and one of the best GMs. And I'm sorry to say, but Gpotato acted as a foil. t3fun's service is like diamond compared to gpots floppy service.

I am very excited to know and play the games that they will publish in the future.

Played: Runescape, Adventure Quest
Currently playing: Aika Global, Atlantica Online
Waiting for: Cardmon Hero, Dynasty Warriors Online

Comments

• MazrakMazrak Member Posts: 37
    I'm stuck playing Gpotato's version of Aika because I'm in the US.I like the game but the low pop on the NA servers sucks.
  • Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

I like Bioware due to my excellent reception to all their games I played except Jade Empire. Balders Gate 1&2 plus expansions, Neverwinter Nights plus expansions & one of the download modules, KOTOR, Dragon Age Origins plus expansion & DLC, and Mass Effect 1&2 plus their DLC.

That is probably the best batting average for a game developer IMO. Not talking one-hit wonders, but studios where I have played several games over the yrs. Both BG's, both MEs, and KOTOR rank up in my list of all-time favs.

An honorable mention goes to the Activision studio Raven for X-Men Legends 1& 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1, X-Men Origins: Woverine, and Singularity.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

I have really enjoyed Blizzard games (Diablo 2, Starcraft 1, and Warcraft 2 stand out). However, Bioware has produced more of my favorites than anybody else (Mass Effect 1/2, Dragon Age, Knights of the Old Republic, Baldur's Gate 1/2, etc). So in the end, I would have to go with Bioware.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Honestly ?

None really.

If anything is really good, like Bioware, they are bought by people like EA and get slowly killed afterwards. Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age 2 are already proving it.

Obsidian is good.

Troika Games was great, minus the bugs. Especially Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines was uber.

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

CCP. Even if EVE is not my favorite game. These guys are amazing.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• TralakTralak Member Posts: 78

Bethesda , Bioware and especially Troika. VTM da BEST

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Can't really pinpoint just 1 as this handful of developers can have some areas that just piss me off, like Blizzard and their SLOW development time and lack of content patches in between expacks, but when they finally release games, holy crap. Here are my top game developers:

Blizzard
    Turbine
    Bioware
    Arena Net - I was hesitant to put these guys on, but after playing GW1 years after launch I have to say they really make some quality games and watching vids of GW2 has me drooling like I haven't drooled over a video game in years.

2 months ago I would have easily put Square on this list. But the blinders have been removed. Ever since FF12 Square has gone downhill and is now NOT one of my favorite developers. FFXIV was the final nail in the coffin.

Also, hopefully next year I can add Trion Worlds to this list, depending on how Rift and their RTS does.

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963

SoE

• dirtyjoe78dirtyjoe78 Member Posts: 400

Bioware i have really liked the work they have done.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

CCP, BioWare, Blizzard.

If i had to pick one, i'd take CCP, they're the only of the 3 that have stuck to their vision and not sold out.  And I don't even play EVE.  

I really like Funcom and am always interested in what they are doing because they're still trying to innovate and push forward.  Unlike other MMO developers they haven't forgotten that they are creating art and not just a product.  Their results are mixed though, so can't really put them in the top 3.  But i respect the company and eagerly await TSW.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

CCP.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."