Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ Pre-Launch Celebration - free account reactivation 10/8 - 10/11

MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

Just saw this posted on EQ's forum, this is a pretty big deal for those interested in poking into EQ again!  Enjoy.

==

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=169633

YOU ALL ARE INVITED TO OUR PARTY!!!!!

Special invitation from EverQuest Producer Thom "Phathom" Terrazas

To Celebrate the HoT Expansion Launch next Tuesday and to thank everyone for their dedication to EverQuest, we are throwing you a bit of a party starting tomorrow. 

Starting at 10:00am PDT, Friday October 8 through October 11 at 10:00am PDT, we will be delivering the following:

1. All Accounts Closed (but in good standing) will be given access to the game!

2. Double Experience!!

3. Rare Mob Spawns Increased!!!

4. Faction Gain Increased!!!!

....and our guide program is on full alert for games, quests and tomfoolery!!!

So Enjoy! ---and thank you on behalf of the EverQuest Team! 

FYI...

House of Thule Launches on October 12. Pre-Orders will continue until late evening on October 11th. On October 12, the Collectors Edition will go up in price - If you are interested in a savings on the Collectors Edition, Pre-Order before Tuesday.

==

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

Comments

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

EQ producer just posted that accounts have already been reactivated so you can login today.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=169636

Phathom wrote:

Just a little thanks to you all for your dedication to EQ and our team as a whole. We're turning on some bonus items for everyone starting tomorrow - You can head over to Ashlanne's post about it .... http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/p...topic_id=169633

But basically, we'ved turned on access to EQ for all CLOSED Accounts til Monday morning. Yep all your buddies and guildies can get in a play with you this weekend, so give em a holler!! ......(they can login right now actually image shhhhh.....)

Double XP - Double XP (had to say it twice), Faction & Rare Mob Spawns have been increased!

Have a great time and thanks again!

-Thom Terrazas on behalf of the EQ Team

• MayetmanMayetman Member Posts: 8

Anyone have an old account they will certainly not use? My friend wants to see how EQ is now but I feel the trial isn't good enough and this reactivation would be a great overview of the game for him?

I really wanna get him to play. He will buy his own account with on the 12th if he chooses to play.

you may contact me [email protected]

• spades07spades07 Member UncommonPosts: 852

hmm useful for my occasional EQ yearnings. (before I can't stand it again..)

• MayetmanMayetman Member Posts: 8

Got one now guys. Thanks.

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Will this allow my trial account to access the main game? Or will I still be restricted to the trial area? 

• LadyAlibiLadyAlibi Member UncommonPosts: 297

I wish I'd seen this before now or had maybe checked my email. image

I am home sick anyway, so I might as well pop into EQ this afternoon, now that I know.

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

Originally posted by Jimmac

Will this allow my trial account to access the main game? Or will I still be restricted to the trial area? 

Trial accounts are still trial accounts.  This reactivation is for people with accounts that have either the basic game or expansions attached.

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121

HA! I wouldn't mind trying the game out again but, to DL the client and patch it all up to date will take me 4 days minimum. Lol and the party is only 3 days...So not worth it to me.

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Originally posted by csthao

HA! I wouldn't mind trying the game out again but, to DL the client and patch it all up to date will take me 4 days minimum. Lol and the party is only 3 days...So not worth it to me.

That was my problem. I found an old SOE account that had EQ activated on it at some point. I downloaded the client and updated, but some file was corrupted or something. If I were to go through the patching process again I'd only get a few hours of playtime, so I didn't bother. 

• LadyAlibiLadyAlibi Member UncommonPosts: 297

I have been in and playing tonight. I have to laugh at myself for having a little interface trouble, being fresh out of other games. You'd think it would be like riding a bike after having played for so many years. I am adjusting, anyway... The problem is definitely between desk and chair.