Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CLass choice...

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I wanted to be unique in class and appearnce.... So i had decided to spend some money on a new class.  I only played halas and most people overhtere where playing the free classes. So i tought any class was okay.

When starting the class i liked most from previous EQ2 experience i found that half the darkwood zone was flooded with Shadowknights, it seemed every other characeter in the zone was a shadowknight.

SO far for spending money on feeling special.

What other classes are currently the top solo choices... Solo as being able to do hard content first and leveling speed seccond.

Seems i might need to choose another class, eventough both inquisitor and Shadowknight are much fun.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• OtiroOtiro Member Posts: 205

I'm sorry you found out that being a Shadownight won't be unique.

The thing is play what is fun for you. If you like he Shadownight play the shadownight. No matter what class you choose, you will find there are lot of that class around. You can still be unique by your playstyle, or your apperance. There is enough armor from cloth up to plate that you can choose for a unique look. How you play your toon or how you chat as your toon (Roleplay) will also be unique.

You said that Inquisitor and Shadownight are fun to play, so just enjoy the fun. Both classes solo well. And you can do some hard content with them.

I would not spend any more money on trying to get a class no one else plays. You have two great classes already. Enjoy them.

At least that is my opinion.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

To be unique in appearance,  you basically need to get to higher level and get some of the cooler loot.  Not all of it is high level, but a lot more cool appearance items have been added in recent expansions than in the "old game".   It absolutely does not matter what class you are - you can find some very cool and unique looks.

To be unique in class.  Do you want to be unique at level 10 or at level 90?   I can tell you the least played classes at the endgame, but that doesn't mean they're not played by newbies at low levels.  Necros, Inquisitors, Monks, Bruisers are all rare at high level.  They can all solo well.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO