Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bear Mount, EQ2 Extended & Expansions

GrauhaseGrauhase Member Posts: 42

First of all, sorry about my english.

I started playing the extended version of eq2 a few weeks ago and so far im having a blast... i'm already a GOLD subscriber.

Yesterday i saw a guy with this bear mount (Ykeshan Bear). i asked him how did he get it and he told me u get it when u buy The Shadow Odyssey (box) expansion... so i have a few questions: if I buy this expansion how do I add it to EQ2 Extended? Second question: what are the expansions already included in the extended? Finallt question, is there a way to get (buy) that bear mount without having to buy and 'wait' for the expansion box to be mailed to my home (I don't live in the U.S.A) ...

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

i have no idea how buying the xpac works with extended.

however, there are bear mounts available at higher levels in the game (for sure at 80, maybe earlier).  These can be bought with in-game obtainable shards for doing instances.   

there are a bunch of mounts available for purchase in the game store as well, although i'm not sure there is a bear.

eq2 has many mounts including Horses, Bears, Wargs, Cats, Rhinos, Flying Carpets, Platforms and probably a few that I forgot.  there are some posts on the official forums with pictures of different ones.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• othredothred Member Posts: 14

If you buy the 200 dollar a year plan i think you get the expact from there i have no idea 

• GrauhaseGrauhase Member Posts: 42

Thanks for the replies guys...

Arieste,

I know there are a lot of mounts u can buy with SC... but i liked this one cause it says the bears grows with u:

"Ykeshan Bear - Summons a dire bear that will grow with you as you level up.

Prior to level 20, the bear will be a cub and will follow you around as a fluff pet. He will, however, attack if he himself is hurt.

When you reach level 20 your bear will mature and can be ridden as a mount. His run speed will continue to increase as you level up, reaching 52% when you are level 80."

Sounds great!

Anyway, I saw a guy with this bear in the extended (I dont' play in the live servers), so there must be a way to get it...

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

you can add game keys to your SOE account

https://auth.station.sony.com/login?service

both EQ2 and EQ2X will get credit for the game key

you need the retail box key for TSO --- to get that bear mount for any character you make

Amazon UK has it on sale for 75% off

http://www.amazon.co.uk/EverQuest-II-Shadow-Odyssey-DVD/dp/B001I3RVZU

it cannot be a download purchase -- bear mount comes w retail box only

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Bear_Whistle

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by Grauhase

I started playing the extended version of eq2 a few weeks ago and so far im having a blast... i'm already a GOLD subscriber.

Yesterday i saw a guy with this bear mount (Ykeshan Bear). i asked him how did he get it and he told me u get it when u buy The Shadow Odyssey (box) expansion... so i have a few questions: if I buy this expansion how do I add it to EQ2 Extended? Second question: what are the expansions already included in the extended? Finallt question, is there a way to get (buy) that bear mount without having to buy and 'wait' for the expansion box to be mailed to my home (I don't live in the U.S.A) ...

You can get the Yakeshan Bear pet (and mount over level 20) by adding the boxed version to the EQ2 regular game. All items you get from EQ2 regular you can also claim in EQ2X (including the veteran rewards, and the Yakeshan Bear pet/mount).

...but...

Why register the Shadow Odyssey and stick with EQ2X then..? Gold membership might seem fun, but since you want the Yakeshan Bear anyway, you might as well exchange subscription to EQ2 regular. Cheaper, and when you subscribe for 3+ months you even get extra goodies, as well as veteran rewards...

Then there is the "limited" gold subscription... Lust look at the pic... You pay more than an EQ2 subscription and you get less..? Not sure, but SOE is ripping you off :'(

Oh, I forgot to add... The Yakeshan Bear at level 20 as mount:

Nadia,

Thanks for you reply.

Reizla,

Thanks for all the information, but i want to keep playing @ the Extended for a few reasons: first, i´m in love with my guild and we have ppl from all around the world including ppl from my country. Second, i already spent a few bucks buying a few races (I dont wanna loose that money). Third reason, I tried the live a couple of months ago... for someone in my position (new to the game with no friends from real life playing with me) live servers are really hard since everybody is already playing the end game content. Extended is a better place to start...

Thanks for the replies guys...

Arieste,

I know there are a lot of mounts u can buy with SC... but i liked this one cause it says the bears grows with u:

"Ykeshan Bear - Summons a dire bear that will grow with you as you level up.

Prior to level 20, the bear will be a cub and will follow you around as a fluff pet. He will, however, attack if he himself is hurt.

When you reach level 20 your bear will mature and can be ridden as a mount. His run speed will continue to increase as you level up, reaching 52% when you are level 80."

Sounds great!

Anyway, I saw a guy with this bear in the extended (I dont' play in the live servers), so there must be a way to get it...

you should be aware that the bear starts out as really slow and a 52% mount at high level isn't very good (it was decent when it was released, but not anymore).  additionally, since this mount was introduced, it became possible for mounts to have beneficial combat stats for your character.  this mount iirc doesn't have any.  

i'm not trying to dissuade you from getting it, by all means getting a free mount for all your characters forever is great, i just don't want you to be disappointed in what you get after you spend all the effort on getting it.  (it growing up with you is cool too, unfortunately you can't really name it or customize it or anything)

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO

Wait a minute... can u customize your mount in the game? Didn't know that... ;)

Wait a minute... can u customize your mount in the game? Didn't know that... ;)

no, you cannot customize your mount in any way.  you can choose from different mounts.

- Raph Koster

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

really the only thing you can do to ingame mounts is convert them to ingame house pets 

you can examine the mount whistle/caller   to convert a mount to a house toy

• anielianieli Member Posts: 114

Originally posted by Reizla

You can get the Yakeshan Bear pet (and mount over level 20) by adding the boxed version to the EQ2 regular game. All items you get from EQ2 regular you can also claim in EQ2X (including the veteran rewards, and the Yakeshan Bear pet/mount).

...but...

Why register the Shadow Odyssey and stick with EQ2X then..? Gold membership might seem fun, but since you want the Yakeshan Bear anyway, you might as well exchange subscription to EQ2 regular. Cheaper, and when you subscribe for 3+ months you even get extra goodies, as well as veteran rewards...

Then there is the "limited" gold subscription... Lust look at the pic... You pay more than an EQ2 subscription and you get less..? Not sure, but SOE is ripping you off :'(

Oh, I forgot to add... The Yakeshan Bear at level 20 as mount:

The gold sub is exactly the same as a regular sub - 15 dollars per month. The only limitation is the races which can be bought quite cheaply off the store if you really care about races that is. I only play humans cause the rest of the races look like crap tbh ;P but ofc that's just me. There are other perks to Extended - much higher population and you can level up to 80(90 if you have SF) without paying a sub. You don't really need the gold sub perks while leveling imo. So this saves you money as well :) But that's just personal preference. I couldn't stand EQ2 when I tried a year ago because there was no one around me. Extended feels much more alive.