Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In Depth Review of CABAL Online

ArtiexArtiex Member Posts: 82

This is a review ive put together of this MMORPG Cabal online

I have played Cabal Online a long time ago. A VERY long time ago. And though it's got nice graphics (it's got a modern feel, though the setting is more old-style fantasy), and cool looking combat, its gameplay wasn't very fun.

I won't be giving a proper review here, as I can't remember too much of it, but Cabal Online had one MAJOR flaw. There's too much grinding. The game relies almost COMPLETELY on grinding. There's a few early quests, and then the rest of the quests seemed to just be grind, grind, grind till the next level (not even any variety in quests), and next skills. This proved to be too boring for me in the end, and I quit. For this, Cabal Online is a very un-recommended game in my opinion.

The other flaw, though not as much of a major one, is that the maps are too small. The maps are tiny, and you have to go to the next through these portal-like things. I'm afraid in the age of seamless maps, this just isn't good enough, and it could feel small very quickly. Even Dekaron/2moons isn't this bad, at least they have bigger maps linked together!

Good points that award this game 3 points instead of a 0 though, are that the combat is cool, and the graphics are pretty nice. The combat especially, is one of the highlights of the game, and kept me on slightly longer, so that I can unlock the next skill, and it took longer for me to get bored of the attack animation.

All in all though, Cabal Online is a repetitive game that can't really be recommended over the hundreds of alternatives of MMORPGs out there.

Artiex

Playing: WoW
Waiting On: SWTOR, GW2, Rift, TERA.

Comments

• FritomanFritoman Member Posts: 59

Originally posted by Artiex

I have played Cabal Online a long time ago. A VERY long time ago. And though it's got nice graphics (it's got a modern feel, though the setting is more old-style fantasy), and cool looking combat, its gameplay wasn't very fun.

I won't be giving a proper review here, as I can't remember too much of it, but Cabal Online had one MAJOR flaw. There's too much grinding. The game relies almost COMPLETELY on grinding. There's a few early quests, and then the rest of the quests seemed to just be grind, grind, grind till the next level (not even any variety in quests), and next skills. This proved to be too boring for me in the end, and I quit. For this, Cabal Online is a very un-recommended game in my opinion.

The other flaw, though not as much of a major one, is that the maps are too small. The maps are tiny, and you have to go to the next through these portal-like things. I'm afraid in the age of seamless maps, this just isn't good enough, and it could feel small very quickly. Even Dekaron/2moons isn't this bad, at least they have bigger maps linked together!

Good points that award this game 3 points instead of a 0 though, are that the combat is cool, and the graphics are pretty nice. The combat especially, is one of the highlights of the game, and kept me on slightly longer, so that I can unlock the next skill, and it took longer for me to get bored of the attack animation.

All in all though, Cabal Online is a repetitive game that can't really be recommended over the hundreds of alternatives of MMORPGs out there.

Artiex

That has to be one of the worst, babbling incoherent reviews I have ever read.  Were you drunk when you wrote this? Or, did you get whacked in the head recently? Seriously, you bounced around, back and forth, fell down, got up, hit yourself in the face and then threw up. 

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

Originally posted by Fritoman

Artiex

That has to be one of the worst, babbling incoherent reviews I have ever read.  Were you drunk when you wrote this? Or, did you get whacked in the head recently? Seriously, you bounced around, back and forth, fell down, got up, hit yourself in the face and then threw up. 

it wasn't that bad.....are you drunk?

what killed the game for me was the skill grinding and down effects on every skill.  PvP was a nightmare because of the constent down/stun effects.

• B1mbleB1mble Member CommonPosts: 148

I won't be giving a proper review here, as I can't remember too much of it, but Cabal Online had one MAJOR flaw. 

Artiex

Let us stop right there.

You played it ages ago and you wont be giving a proper review because you cant remember much about it 0.o???.  Yet you would have us believe that this was to be an 'IN DEPTH REVIEW OF CABAL ONLINE.'

Please try again preferably after, let us say, playing the game.  I always find that usefull personally. 

I would like to hear comments on Cabal tho especially concerning the new updates as advertised. :D

• YarunaYaruna Member Posts: 342

Wow, nice In Depth Review! LOL! I thought I'd find out if the crashing when getting into town due to the constant goldsellerspam had been gotten rid of. I guess you'd need to go premium to be able to play the game without these problems. I had no problems getting quests until you got close to level 100, at that point, pfffft. I liked the dancing, graphics weren't too bad, but the goldsellerspam and the crashing out of game when entering town, that really killed it for me.

Anyone still playing that can tell me if that improved, prefereably improved a whole lot?

Edit: typo, and I guess if nobody replied up till now it's still the same ols spam causing the same old crashes...

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, and maybe SWTOR until that time...