Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Very fun, great value, mediocre community - Lots of potential

DeviantCompDeviantComp Member UncommonPosts: 50

I played this game during the open beta but didn't continue afterwards. It seemed fun but very limited and a strong lack of content made me cringe at the thought of paying a monthly fee to play (which at the time, if I remember correctly, there was).

Recently I started playing again (logged about 100 hours so far; my highest character being lvl 46) and have been having a LOT of fun. The game is still somewhat limited when it comes to content but it is built on what seems to be a very strong foundation which I see as having a lot of potential in the future.

It seems that the devs also were aware of this which caused them to remove the monthly fee making the game very much worth the cost of playing.

The game runs very well even on lower end machines. The mechanics are very smooth, intuitive, and reactive; a must for an mmo/fps type of game.

Normally I'm not that attracted to FPS games but the RPG aspects of it keep me interested while the fast action, FPS combat action are a very nice change of pace from the typical MMORPG.

The classes are also very well balanced; each playing a specific and necessary role in PvE and PvP, which is a rarity in a MMO game and I find very refreshing.

The only gripe I have about the game is the extremely immature and annoying community at large. But this is easily solved by turning off city chat and joining a good agency. Other than that I'd love to see more pve content and more pvp maps/modes which, given the responsiveness of the devs, I have no doubt will come soon.

I would comment on the graphics/sound/classes etc but the official review has summed those up perfectly.

At $21 (with the current discount) and no monthly fee this game is definitely worth trying out if you're looking for change of pace from the traditional MMORPG format.

One caveat I'd like to mention; the open map you start out in (and quest in until approx lvl 20) only lasts until lvl 20. Don't expect to find another map following that one once you have finished all the content there (which I did when I started out). Once you're done there you simply go back to "The Dome" and queue for pvp/pve missions and content; no more open map questing.

Feel free to hit me up in game if you have any questions... The name is SoyMilk.

*edit* Here are some 30% off coupon codes you can use after the free 12 level trial if you want to purchase (use through offical store located here: http://www.globalagendagame.com/thegame_shop.html):

Coupon Code

Use Limit

% Off

Used Cnt

Rcvd Date

GACOU221074139100

08/16/2010

GACOUKELANA34470

09/22/2010

GACOUKELANA34471

09/22/2010

GACOUKELANA34472

09/22/2010

GACOUKELANA34473

09/22/2010

GACOUKELANA34474

09/22/2010

Comments

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178

Originally posted by DeviantComp

I played this game during the open beta but didn't continue afterwards. It seemed fun but very limited and a strong lack of content made me cringe at the thought of paying a monthly fee to play (which at the time, if I remember correctly, there was).

Recently I started playing again (logged about 100 hours so far; my highest character being lvl 46) and have been having a LOT of fun. The game is still somewhat limited when it comes to content but it is built on what seems to be a very strong foundation which I see as having a lot of potential in the future.

It seems that the devs also were aware of this which caused them to remove the monthly fee making the game very much worth the cost of playing.

The game runs very well even on lower end machines. The mechanics are very smooth, intuitive, and reactive; a must for an mmo/fps type of game.

Normally I'm not that attracted to FPS games but the RPG aspects of it keep me interested while the fast action, FPS combat action are a very nice change of pace from the typical MMORPG.

The classes are also very well balanced; each playing a specific and necessary role in PvE and PvP, which is a rarity in a MMO game and I find very refreshing.

The only gripe I have about the game is the extremely immature and annoying community at large. But this is easily solved by turning off city chat and joining a good agency. Other than that I'd love to see more pve content and more pvp maps/modes which, given the responsiveness of the devs, I have no doubt will come soon.

I would comment on the graphics/sound/classes etc but the official review has summed those up perfectly.

At $21 (with the current discount) and no monthly fee this game is definitely worth trying out if you're looking for change of pace from the traditional MMORPG format.

One caveat I'd like to mention; the open map you start out in (and quest in until approx lvl 20) only lasts until lvl 20. Don't expect to find another map following that one once you have finished all the content there (which I did when I started out). Once you're done there you simply go back to "The Dome" and queue for pvp/pve missions and content; no more open map questing.

Feel free to hit me up in game if you have any questions... The name is SoyMilk.

Pretty decent review of the game, and I agree completely with it as well. GA is a great game.

SoyMilk ey?  You wouldn't happen to be a recon would you?

• DeviantCompDeviantComp Member UncommonPosts: 50

haha.. Most of the time, yes.

If your recon is your level 46 then i'm sure I've seen you around.  I think I was killed a few times by you.  I play all classes pretty frequently.  My in game name is Deksam,  so if you see me, be sure to kill me as many times as possible. image

• jfk35824jfk35824 Member Posts: 81

Good review, thank you.  I'm still banging away at GW1, but was thinking of GA as an alt. game until GW2 comes out...

I might take a closer look at GA now.

• almerelalmerel Member UncommonPosts: 658

I'm looking to upgrade to the full version as soon as I can figure out a way to lol. Getting laid off next month isn't helping my cause though... Is the only way to upgrade through the digital option trough GA?

-Almerel

Hello my old friend.

Originally posted by maskedweasel

If your recon is your level 46 then i'm sure I've seen you around.  I think I was killed a few times by you.  I play all classes pretty frequently.  My in game name is Deksam,  so if you see me, be sure to kill me as many times as possible. image

Oh jeez... Was that you on your recon last night... I'm pretty sure we were chasing eachother around quite a bit.. haha

Originally posted by almerel

I'm looking to upgrade to the full version as soon as I can figure out a way to lol. Getting laid off next month isn't helping my cause though... Is the only way to upgrade through the digital option trough GA?

I think so... I haven't heard of a box version...

I guess you could always sleep with a dev.. That might also work.

Originally posted by maskedweasel

Oh jeez... Was that you on your recon last night... I'm pretty sure we were chasing eachother around quite a bit.. haha

Most probably not,  but had you seen my recon, you would probably kill him quickly.  I'm a terrible recon.  I know what to do,  and I'm decent at playing it,  but out of all the classes that is my worst.  

I think when I saw you I was playing either on my assault or my robotics.