Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Im pretty sure this will kill wow.

Comments

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

"Im pretty sure this will kill wow. "

I'm pretty sure the OP is a troll.

And no it will not kill WoW and I hate WoW.

• smoelfsmoelf Member Posts: 30

Discussion whether GW2 will kill WoW or nor is IMO futile at the moment. We don't know enough to judge and we probably won't know enough until it is released. That being said I liked GW1 and I liked WoW so I don't want it to kill WoW because they are different kinds of games that should be available to the players. And it is also funny how lots of people want a WoW killer. It's hardly like 11 million people will start playing other MMO's if it dies.

• seabeastseabeast Member Posts: 748

Originally posted by SnarlingWolf

Well said.

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

Originally posted by Tailz2k7

Originally posted by Eliandal

I wonder what the next WoW 'killer' will be when GW2 releases, and doesn't kill it?

Every MMO in development is a wow killer to that particular games fan base. I'm pretty sure the most dominant wow killer to date is and always will be... the affection of a woman and more important things to do in life.

Women and MMOs, two things that constantly have to be updated to remain interesting or the person moves on to the next, younger version with better features.

It is a joke ladies (kind of).

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jvxmtgjvxmtg Member Posts: 371

Oh please don't kill WoW.

I don't want those fanatic Blizzard worshipper contaminating GW2. Let them stay there and rot.

Blizzard already killed WoW and they will shove it down everyone's throat come Cataclysm. The old WoW is dead, no one will ever experience WoW as it was when they finally launch Cataclysm. Funny how that name is so appropriate.

They also said that the last expansion is the "Wrath" of the Lich King, yet the Lich King cowers inside his citadel waiting to be killed. New definition of "wrath": cower, hide, die

As you can see, I'm done with Blizzard, and WoW is dead.

Moving on...

Ready for GW2!!!
  • silenossilenos Member Posts: 116

lol, anything can kill WoW, it's the crappiest game I have ever tried. xD No idea why it's so overrated... -_- Anyways, yeah, GW2 sounds different and I became EVEN MORE excited about the character / armor customization. *drools* I love unique looks.

I want to reborn as a Sylvari.

• sn0wblind00sn0wblind00 Member UncommonPosts: 388

one game doesn't 'kill' another game.  this is a big market which has expanded greatly due to the internet generation and ease-of-accessibility from WoW.   There are now MMO's to suite almost anyones niche, or at least in development.  Playerbases are much more divided than they used to be.  Subscriptions with WoW will continue to fade just like any MMO, as people will only be interested in one game for so long.    However, thinking the game will fall flat due to one release is idiotic. 

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

Originally posted by seabeast

Originally posted by SnarlingWolf

Well said.

ditto, very obvious troll post by the OP.

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

lol ... heard it all before ... Aion is gonna kill WoW,  WAR is gonna kill WoW ,  AoC is gonna kill WoW and heck even the recently realeased Final Fantasy was gonna be the next WoW killer ... its not gonna happen and even the  only game with an outside chance of being more successful than WoW does'nt really stand a chance .. and to the OP others have said your TRolling ... I just think you've been smoking something .....

Oh and btw, yup I've played WoW ...  but I'm not its greatest fan either.

• FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515

Originally posted by jvxmtg

Oh please don't kill WoW.

I don't want those fanatic Blizzard worshipper contaminating GW2. Let them stay there and rot.

Blizzard already killed WoW and they will shove it down everyone's throat come Cataclysm. The old WoW is dead, no one will ever experience WoW as it was when they finally launch Cataclysm. Funny how that name is so appropriate.

They also said that the last expansion is the "Wrath" of the Lich King, yet the Lich King cowers inside his citadel waiting to be killed. New definition of "wrath": cower, hide, die

As you can see, I'm done with Blizzard, and WoW is dead.

Moving on...

Yet you're still crying your eyes out about it.  OH NOEZ, BRING BACK VANILLA WOW, I'M ONE OF THESE CLICHÉ GUYS WHO LIKES LIVING IN THE PAST.

Get a grip.

• ErstokErstok Member Posts: 523

Nothing is going to kill WoW outside of Blizzard pulling the plug. Seriously, not a single over hyped game as of yet has killed WoW. So shut up already.

When did you start playing "old school" MMO's. World Of Warcraft?

• Kaji1313Kaji1313 Member Posts: 2

Not saying it will take down the WoW machine, but it  definitely made me stop buying Cataclysm, can't imagine I'm the only one.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Originally posted by foulu625

Originally posted by arenasb

Originally posted by adam_nox

GW has 0 subscribers.... it's not a subscription game.  Not only that it was an awful game, and not worthy of calling itself an MMO. 

Trolling?

Not at all. Pretty spot on. 

Troll?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• RobertDinhRobertDinh Member Posts: 647

The reason you have fans for random up-and-coming games always saying their game is a wow-killer is because they are hyped up and not objective.  Nor do they fully grasp just how dominant WoW is. 

To them wow seems smaller, because they don't play it, and are not an active part of it's community. 

Personally if I was in that position I would want to make sure I was well-informed before formulating some beliefs on such things, but some people would rather just pretend their game is flawless and that it will slay the wow dragon.

Also as far as expansions go cataclysm will not be the last one.

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

Originally posted by blueturtle13

Im not real sure why it matters. WOW will continue to lose market share in the West as it has done. Cata is Blizzards last hurrah for its  long in the tooth aging juggernaut. I think Cata will do crazy numbers but as most already know. MOST of its subs are in Asia. After Cata releases and their in the pipe content is released for it they will turn their FULL attention to their next gen MMO.  I think 6 months after Cata release we will finally see the sub numbers begin to really drop off. By that time we will have a couple more top shelf games released which will help even further and then finally when TOR is released WOW will be really pushed. WOW has slain all competitors up till now but after Cata hits I think that will be it. I think the game will peak and begin its steady decline. With those subs being divided up between any number of new releases coming next year.

I think WOW as we know it has one more year of dominance at most.

Of course saying all that they could get 25 million subs and make me look like an idiot lol

This is the same prediction we have seen near the release of every single AAA mmo that has come and gone. I really don't think SWTOR is going to have as big of an impact on WoW as people think. They are two different settings, sci-fi vs. fantasy/steampunk. WoW is and always will be a game that places primary focus on endgame raiding, SWTOR is more focused on story.

GW2 also has a different focus than WoW does. Heavy story elements, along with "dynamic" content, and the primary endgame seems to be mostly focused on W v W v W pvp.

Each game, WoW/SWTOR/GW2, also has their own loyal fanbases. Yes their fanbases most likely do overlap somewhat, but I honestly don't see a reason why all three can't exist.

WoW's dominance might not be as strong as it once was, but nothing will actually kill WoW. It's a microcosm in and of itself.

• mmonoobletmmonooblet Member Posts: 336

This game will certainly play  a part in WoW's demise, though I think SWTOR will have an even bigger impact.

Utlimately, the day of the bohemith is over.  With all of the good competition in the market, no game will ever have the dominance that WoW has had, but that really is a good thing for the industry and, most imporantly, for the players.

Id much rather there be 5 or 6 solid games with a million players each than have one game sucking the life out of the industry. 

• Luthor_XLuthor_X Member Posts: 431

*Sigh*

Nothing (say it with me), nothing will ever kill WoW.

• RanyrRanyr Member UncommonPosts: 212

Give up this WoW-killer bull, nothing Non-Blizzard will ever hurt WoW to any visible degree. Not even their own games will have an effect because they've rebuilt the Battle.net network to incorporate all of their new games so you can cross-communicate and play with friends across multiple titles. So good luck with all this nonsense.

Also, I can play WoW and SW:ToR and Guild Wars 2 and whatever else I want at the same time because I'm an adult who doesn't drink/smoke/gamble. The idea that a person must only play one MMO at a time is kind of hilarious these days.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

GW has 0 subscribers.... it's not a subscription game.  Not only that it was an awful game, and not worthy of calling itself an MMO.  Nothing is going to kill WoW.

And what exactly is 'vibrant gameplay'?  lol 'lush graphics'?  really?  Vegetation can be lush, colors can be vibrant.  And no one knows anything about how GW2 really plays.  FF14 has good graphics, but it doesn't really help it out.

First of all.....

Guild Wars is NOT an MMO and they have NEVER claimed to be.

Secondly.....

for all the rumble about GW2....which WILL be an MMO....it's not released yet, as you stated.

Last but not least......

"Killing WoW" I do not believe is a goal of ANY developer, and players ought not really care, to be honest.  I would like the WoW players to STAY in WoW, as a LARGE part of why I ended up loathing playing that game....had to do with the community.  So I'm not in any hellfired hurry to see anything "kill" WoW because I don't want to play with the people that PLAY WoW, by and large.

Just my two cents.

Edit:  I will add this, however.....if ANet is smart.....they will wait until about 6 - 8 mths AFTER the release of Cataclysm to release GW2, because....by then, those that DID buy Cataclysm will be bored....again. And although I hate the idea of them all running to GW2...I do think that's what they would do, so...if ANet was MY company.....I would release in maybe June of 2011, but I selfishly hope that they don't do it that way, because...like I said....I think it would mean a surge of ex-WoWies.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• RynneRynne Member UncommonPosts: 497

One of those topics again...WoW will not die and definitely not by the hands of gw2. Maybe tor will be able to distract a major fraction out of it but still not enough to bring down the mighty giant.

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

GW has 0 subscribers.... it's not a subscription game.  Not only that it was an awful game, and not worthy of calling itself an MMO. 

Well, Guild Wars (the first one, not guild wars 2) technically was not an MMO by the devs own description.  Check the games faq page.  http://www.guildwars.com/products/guildwars/features/default.php

• manowar88manowar88 Member UncommonPosts: 85

Artix  Do you work on Ncsoft? so you get paid for you hard work to premote there game hehe

x1muft.png

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by Rynne

One of those topics again...WoW will not die and definitely not by the hands of gw2. Maybe tor will be able to distract a major fraction out of it but still not enough to bring down the mighty giant.

Oh....there you're wrong. WoW WILL DIE some day.....

When Blizzard DECIDES it will.  And that MAY (or may not) ever happen.  They could choose to kill it slowly over time....like SoE is doing with EQ2. lol  Damn developers ALL OF THEM.  They ALL suck.

EDIT:

To whoever was accusing someone of working for NCSoft....uhm....neither WoW, NOR GW2 is with NCSoft.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club