Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst community you will ever find in a video game.

slipfeedslipfeed Member UncommonPosts: 88

The game itself is fine.  It's really nothing spectacular but it's fun.  The actual content is a bit short lived, you've seen pretty much everything there is to see by level 30 (cap is 50).

This games problem is not content, though there definatly could be more.  The problem is the community.  This game has the absolute highest concentration of asshats and "Pro" morons of any game I have ever played.

Integrated voice is sometimes a blessing, but mostly a curse.

This game tries to hold to the holy trinity, IE tanker, healer, damage dealer.  The real problem from the community stems from a website called agendastats.com.  Agendastats claims to track your skills in a more effective way than the in game star system.  In fact the metric it uses is stacked heavily on kill death ratio.

Essentially, what you end up with is a whole bunch of "AOE" specced assaults in the second tier level brackets padding their stats for agendastats.com, and bitching that the healers arn't tanking.

Its alot worse than just that.  If you play this game, and play the trial, you only reach level 12.  Know that there are no more open quest zones after the desert, and understand that if you purchase the game and begin playing mercs in the 30-50 bracket most of the people you will meet there are the worst possible specimens of humanity.

On another note, this games hack gaurds are laughable.  Aimbots are everywhere.  People actually spawn NPC's in the dome (the only area besides the desert and mission maps) for fun.

Last but not least, there are only 13 skill points.  So at level 30 you have all the skill points you will ever get. Charecter progresion from level 30-50 is strictly gear based, and you're going to have to grind through a whole lot of those horrible merc missions with the afore mentioned asshats to snag up that next piece of gear or level.

All in all im glad I bought this game.  It was alot of fun up until level 30.  After getting every class to level 30, it just seems like a massive pointless waste of time spent with people I wouldnt piss on to stop them from burning to death.

Sanity is a delusion. The only truth is madness.

Comments

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Originally posted by slipfeed

The game itself is fine.  It's really nothing spectacular but it's fun.  The actual content is a bit short lived, you've seen pretty much everything there is to see by level 30 (cap is 50).

This games problem is not content, though there definatly could be more.  The problem is the community.  This game has the absolute highest concentration of asshats and "Pro" morons of any game I have ever played.

Integrated voice is sometimes a blessing, but mostly a curse.

This game tries to hold to the holy trinity, IE tanker, healer, damage dealer.  The real problem from the community stems from a website called agendastats.com.  Agendastats claims to track your skills in a more effective way than the in game star system.  In fact the metric it uses is stacked heavily on kill death ratio.

Essentially, what you end up with is a whole bunch of "AOE" specced assaults in the second tier level brackets padding their stats for agendastats.com, and bitching that the healers arn't tanking.

Its alot worse than just that.  If you play this game, and play the trial, you only reach level 12.  Know that there are no more open quest zones after the desert, and understand that if you purchase the game and begin playing mercs in the 30-50 bracket most of the people you will meet there are the worst possible specimens of humanity.

On another note, this games hack gaurds are laughable.  Aimbots are everywhere.  People actually spawn NPC's in the dome (the only area besides the desert and mission maps) for fun.

Last but not least, there are only 13 skill points.  So at level 30 you have all the skill points you will ever get. Charecter progresion from level 30-50 is strictly gear based, and you're going to have to grind through a whole lot of those horrible merc missions with the afore mentioned asshats to snag up that next piece of gear or level.

All in all im glad I bought this game.  It was alot of fun up until level 30.  After getting every class to level 30, it just seems like a massive pointless waste of time spent with people I wouldnt piss on to stop them from burning to death.

You are right about the community.  This game has one of the worst communities ever,  and the developers know it, and they've been trying to find more ways to be positive.   Nothing has worked so far to make city chat bearable.   I still watch city chat every now and then to help new players when I see a question.

For the most part most of the people you play with are all self obsessed morons,  many of which are only interested in padding stats, or goofing off instead of completing the missions you're on.    There are easy ways for each class to pad stats if you really want to,  but it doesn't necessarily help your in game statistics.  The calculation for in game statistics has changed somewhat since the I started playing a few months back.

As for aimbotting,  I play quite a bit, and I do know when players aimbot,  but its not as prevalent as some people say it is.  I've been hit by some recons in ways that are nearly impossible to do with a sniper rifle and you know those players are cheating.    The fact of the matter is,  in online FPS's  if theres a way to get an I WIN button, some players need that advantage to stay competitive.  It sucks,  but I've seen in on a lot of PC FPS games,  and Global Agenda doesn't seem to be nearly that bad.

For Character progression,  I like the way the character progression is.  I like the new achievements system they added.  I like the new items they've listed to work towards and the changes they've made to the token system.  I think all of these additions really help in keeping me playing to get that special helmet, or hit that next achievement.   I like that they keep some things like new weapons, suit sets, and dyes, level restricted so that you can't just start out with the best stuff right when you hit 30 if you have the money.

This is a PvP game,  and it attracts the kind of people who play these kinds of games.  I ignore them mostly,  and I play the game with a buddy of mine and we just have fun.  We play around with our specs and try out new things and new strategies and we just have fun. We started our own agency,  just the two of us, to pool our resources and talk in chat most of the time, it really changes the whole game when you have other people that are actually fun to talk to.  Thats why this is one of my top games of choice right now.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

I sure don't put it as the worst community for a game I've played, but no where near the best.  But Any game that is paid for once, and has no sub will draw in a different type of gamer.

Do I see immature people in chat? Sure!  But Any game I've played, I always see this.  I dunno about hacks or anything. I personally haven't noticed any, but I've only played up to 30 on a few characters.

• FearGXFearGX Member Posts: 317

I was one of the guys who bought this game, played for about a week and never looked back.

• MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780

GA has the least hacks of any online game i've ever played. The devs are pretty much on top of it and have had zero tolerance from day 1. There are also some scarily good players with over a thousand hours ingame. I used to play with a sniper recon in AvA regularly and against him in 4v4 and he was always getting tells being accused of hacking but he just was that good.

Community is what you make of it. I was in a good agency so was able to just turn city chat off.

• sloebersloeber Member UncommonPosts: 504

surely the community cant be worse then wow these days......i quit wow for that and went back to vanguard soh (wich isnt as dead as people think it is tbh).

Originally posted by sloeber

surely the community cant be worse then wow these days......i quit wow for that and went back to vanguard soh (wich isnt as dead as people think it is tbh).

No the community is worse in my opinion for GA.  There is no reason to try and speak in city chat,  most reasonable questions get ignored, and no matter what time you get on, here is a list of things that are guaranteed to be spoken about in city chat around the clock.

1) WoW was the first MMO  (ore replace WoW with any number of games,  its pretty much a recurring macro, or if its not, it may as well should be)

2) Any kind of reference to the Topic of KenyAAA or AfricAAA which are players in the game that don't actually play it so much as chat in the dome all day

3) Any various conversation concerning the bacon,  where it has gone,  when it comes back,  where it had been, etc.

4) "Do people still PLAY this game?"  and the flaming that ensues

5) RAID -  RAAAAAIID - RAAAAIIIIIIDDD!  (which happens whenever the raid timer goes off)

6) Any various macro about the PS3 or 360, and whatever ridiculousness may come from the original macro

7) "That guy is hacking"  "That guy sucks"  "My last team was a bunch of (expletives)"

Thats pretty much the entirety of City Chat.    You can get on at 2AM or 4PM chances are, one of these conversations is going on.

• DeviantCompDeviantComp Member UncommonPosts: 50

Originally posted by maskedweasel

No the community is worse in my opinion for GA.  There is no reason to try and speak in city chat,  most reasonable questions get ignored, and no matter what time you get on, here is a list of things that are guaranteed to be spoken about in city chat around the clock.

1) WoW was the first MMO  (ore replace WoW with any number of games,  its pretty much a recurring macro, or if its not, it may as well should be)

2) Any kind of reference to the Topic of KenyAAA or AfricAAA which are players in the game that don't actually play it so much as chat in the dome all day

3) Any various conversation concerning the bacon,  where it has gone,  when it comes back,  where it had been, etc.

5) RAID -  RAAAAAIID - RAAAAIIIIIIDDD!  (which happens whenever the raid timer goes off)

6) Any various macro about the PS3 or 360, and whatever ridiculousness may come from the original macro

7) "That guy is hacking"  "That guy sucks"  "My last team was a bunch of (expletives)"

Thats pretty much the entirety of City Chat.    You can get on at 2AM or 4PM chances are, one of these conversations is going on.

haha.. You missed the one that made me turn off city chat...

"BLESS THE RAIN DOWWWN IN AAAAFRICAAA"

..every 15-30 secs for two days... wtf?

Oh... And on a pve mission team yesterday one of the guys was spamming arnold schwartzeneggar sound board quotes on voice chat...

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039

The game attracted far too many "FPS pr0z" initially and unfortunately some of them stuck around. Its not so bad if you like drama filled fps clans full of man-children, though.

Is the android 'gag' still running? Basically, people would endlessly repeat TV show or film names but replace one word with android.

Originally posted by jimsmith08

The game attracted far too many "FPS pr0z" initially and unfortunately some of them stuck around. Its not so bad if you like drama filled fps clans full of man-children, though.

Is the android 'gag' still running? Basically, people would endlessly repeat TV show or film names but replace one word with android.

I have only seen that once.. its not very common.    I'll tell ya,  a GM with a mute option would do wonders for this game instead of their "rewards" system for helpful players in city chat.  

I think having them mute the more ridiculous players would really start to increase the quality of chat and not scare so many players away from the game.

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

the community wasn't great, but it wasn't the worst.  the hacks must have just started within the month because i never saw a single hack in the game, and i played since release.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

It is amazing to see just what people will complain about in a community these days.  I'm not saying the global agenda community is great, but it isn't some cesspit of despair that is worthless.  I'm still new to the game and even I caught on that Bacon is a running joke since beta.  If little things like that make for bad community I just don't know what to say.

My experience is that you CAN get plenty of answers to questions.  Sure there is some immature behavior in the game, but nothing more than any other pvp shooter game.  Maybe 1 in 20 games I hear someone who thinks the 9 other people they are with suck and runs their mouth, but more often I hear people at least trying to communicate or coordinate some tactics or advice.  Even when someone does go running their mouth someone usually puts them in their place without resorting to flaming. 

Personally I am really enjoying the game, despite its flaws.  Found a great alliance of agencies with fun spirited people that act like adults.  I'm not competing in the top tier pvp, but still having plenty of fun with everything else.

One thing I do like is that the skill points stop at level 30.  That keeps things relatively competitive in the 10-30 bracket where people learn to pvp/pve with their classes, but almost removes the need to grind to max level just to get the same amount of skill points as your enemies.   That makes everyone 31-50 on even terms as far as skill points, hit points, energy, etc.  The only real difference is a few items that are earned though levels, but things are still competitive.

Originally posted by Daffid011

It is amazing to see just what people will complain about in a community these days.  I'm not saying the global agenda community is great, but it isn't some cesspit of despair that is worthless.  I'm still new to the game and even I caught on that Bacon is a running joke since beta.  If little things like that make for bad community I just don't know what to say.

My experience is that you CAN get plenty of answers to questions.  Sure there is some immature behavior in the game, but nothing more than any other pvp shooter game.  Maybe 1 in 20 games I hear someone who thinks the 9 other people they are with suck and runs their mouth, but more often I hear people at least trying to communicate or coordinate some tactics or advice.  Even when someone does go running their mouth someone usually puts them in their place without resorting to flaming. 

Personally I am really enjoying the game, despite its flaws.  Found a great alliance of agencies with fun spirited people that act like adults.  I'm not competing in the top tier pvp, but still having plenty of fun with everything else.

One thing I do like is that the skill points stop at level 30.  That keeps things relatively competitive in the 10-30 bracket where people learn to pvp/pve with their classes, but almost removes the need to grind to max level just to get the same amount of skill points as your enemies.   That makes everyone 31-50 on even terms as far as skill points, hit points, energy, etc.  The only real difference is a few items that are earned though levels, but things are still competitive.

I don't know how long you've been in the game,  but as stated earlier its more then just  1 running gag.  The entire city chat community is a constant running gag that gets old real fast.  On top of that,  you do get people in matches that constantly complain that someone isn't doing their job,  not to mention the trash talk I've gotten numerous times from players on the opposing team.

I like the way the class points are given out too, and i've come up with -- what I think -- are some really interesting builds, each highlighting a specific strength across all of the classes.  After level 30,  you still progress towards gear, and now, achievements, which in turn also gives you gear.  

Its a great game,  but the community... theres just no excuse for it.   I've played a lot of games through the years,  and this rivals some Xbox live parties I've been in,  just in this case its constant, around the clock.

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

Anytime you have a game where kids feel it is competitive you will get a terrible community. (Too many people out there can't grasp that a game is a game and the results of the game do not matter, it is sad)

Anytime you have something that people can log into for free, you will get a terrible community.

Anytime you get a lack of enforcement on the chat, you will get a terrible community.

Anytime you have a game that attracts a wide age range of players (especially teen) you will get a terrible community.

GA has all of these things and the game isn't even fun so boredom makes the chat worse.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Have to agree with the op here. Worst community I have ever encounterd and that is saying something.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Originally posted by DeviantComp

Originally posted by maskedweasel

haha.. You missed the one that made me turn off city chat...

"BLESS THE RAIN DOWWWN IN AAAAFRICAAA"

..every 15-30 secs for two days... wtf?

Oh... And on a pve mission team yesterday one of the guys was spamming arnold schwartzeneggar sound board quotes on voice chat...

I was just about to mention the RAAIINN dowwwnnn INNN AAAAAFRICAAA... Who comes up with this stuff?? <face palm>  Between that and the Bacon bits, and who or what ever COOK is, the only wonder is that many of us aren't more insane than we are... ^^ GA is a fairly entertaining game for an MMO FPS, but it does seem to attract more than its share of nut cases. 

I'm almost level 50 assault(tank spec).  I mainly just run raids, and some max sec missions.  Umad is for those with a death wish these days.  What is needed is more raid maps, and more PvE content if this game is going to survive.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

I just I just have thicker skin than most, because hearing people be playful about bacon or saying RAID!!! when the raid timer refreshed just doesn't make me feel the community is bad. 

Perhaps I have dealt with real assholes that grief, ninja loot, corpse camp, train and any other method they can think up just to cause misery to anyone around them.  To me that is a poor community.  Seeing forums filled with pure hatred and vicious namecalling is a bad community.  I just don't think it is anywhere close to the worst. 

Sure there is a lot of nonsense in chat, but nothing that ruins my playtime.  The infrequent loudmouth in merc play isn't enough for me to condem everyone as a whole.  Most are easy enough to deal with and not resort to their level.  A few decent words usually shuts them up and sometimes rallies your team.

• YilelienYilelien Member UncommonPosts: 324

Most of my newbie questions were answered when i started. And yes there were ass hat comments. But for the most part i am old enough to ignore them and get what i needed.

Other than that i must say that i do ignore the general chat for the most part. Also on the PvP mission i will also turn off the volume as i have a 2 year old and she does not need to hear some of the comments that are made. as i dont alsways wear my head phones.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I think this is the 5th thread about "worst community" I seen in a while, all of them are about different games too...

Are people actually getting worse or are the newer games in themselves making that happen? 

The MMO community is worse now then when I started with Meridian, the question is why?

• PlasmicredxPlasmicredx Member Posts: 629

I thought this post was to attack the community and explain why it is the worst. Not attack the game.

I disagree with your statements regarding the game. It's a very good and fun FPS that is only beaten by real FPS like Team Fortress 2. Still, however, the art style, the story, and the "universe" that which Global Agenda sets in and its graphics needs mention too because the graphics seem to really go with these traits, all come together to be a really cool thing.

Global Agenda is designed as an MMO. So if you aren't facebooking up with people to create a guild and have a big friends list then you aren't playing it for its primary purpose by playing the hex map agency wars.

So that leaves you to playing it like it's a normal FPS so you might as well go play Team Fortress 2.

Saying the community sucks can be a legit argument but really what you should be doing in GA is just making friends so you can bypass the whole agendastats.com thing and find some real people to hang out with.

• slipfeedslipfeed Member UncommonPosts: 88

All the reply's here are interesting, and I respect your differing opinions.

I don't personally have a problem with the city chat spam.

What im talking about is the way people interact with one another in game.  I once saw someone post in city chat, "99% of global agenda players are bad, 60% of global agenda players agree".

The problem with the community is mostly the competative nature itself.  Now, to compete against an opposing team is one thing.  But people in global agenda compete against other people on their own team.  You will see robo's refusing to help other robo's for fear that keeping that turret up will cause the teamate to pass them up on the stat sheet.  Healers not healing other healers.  Its not everyone, but it does happen quite a bit. More than you may notice if you're not looking.

The very biggest problem, however, is the blame game.  This game attracts the kind of people that, instead of asking the team "what can I do to help recover this situation" they say "If you didnt all suck so much, i'd be pwning".

Then, to top it all off, there's the "Powerelite" global agenda players.  yes. There are people that believe they are actually IMPORTANT because agendastats.com says they are above average.  Essentially they just stuck together, and harass anyone that even slightly disagrees with them on a small issue.

Its like a group of high school bullies.

That, in my opinion, is what has caused this games playerbase to go from 70,000 to 30,000 in a month, even though they removed the subscription fee.

You can argue that number if you like, but remmember that they are counting free trial accounts, and people that leave.  Go to agendastats, (about the only thing its good for) and pass some SQL queries to the database regarding the number of unique player id's that have entered a game.

This community is driving new players away.

I have also recently had contact with the community management after trying to express my feelings on the global agenda official forums. 

Here's a copy of the official response, and my response to that after all of my posts where deleted.

[quote]You were flaming/trolling an informational thread with opinions and acting like they were facts.

AgendaStats is a fan site that has helped the community and the game significantly, and it continues to do so. An informational thread about the site features and functionality isn't the best place to air your grievances. If you would like to argue your opinions with the creator/supporters of the site, feel free to do it in PMs.[/quote]

[quote]Its ok, i've already uninstalled your game. Its pretty sad that your company creates an elite within its playerbase that is beyond reproach. I can't forsee finacial success finding you on this venture with that kind of attitude to your customers.

Agendastats.com has done alot more to hurt your game than you may realize at this point.

I just hope that in the end, the small group of players you seem to favor over the others end up being enough to keep your company alive.

Good luck[/quote]

In short, I stand by my original statement.  Worst community ever.

Sanity is a delusion. The only truth is madness.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

All the reply's here are interesting, and I respect your differing opinions.

I don't personally have a problem with the city chat spam.

What im talking about is the way people interact with one another in game.  I once saw someone post in city chat, "99% of global agenda players are bad, 60% of global agenda players agree".

The problem with the community is mostly the competative nature itself.  Now, to compete against an opposing team is one thing.  But people in global agenda compete against other people on their own team.  You will see robo's refusing to help other robo's for fear that keeping that turret up will cause the teamate to pass them up on the stat sheet.  Healers not healing other healers.  Its not everyone, but it does happen quite a bit. More than you may notice if you're not looking.

The very biggest problem, however, is the blame game.  This game attracts the kind of people that, instead of asking the team "what can I do to help recover this situation" they say "If you didnt all suck so much, i'd be pwning".

Then, to top it all off, there's the "Powerelite" global agenda players.  yes. There are people that believe they are actually IMPORTANT because agendastats.com says they are above average.  Essentially they just stuck together, and harass anyone that even slightly disagrees with them on a small issue.

Its like a group of high school bullies.

That, in my opinion, is what has caused this games playerbase to go from 70,000 to 30,000 in a month, even though they removed the subscription fee.

You can argue that number if you like, but remmember that they are counting free trial accounts, and people that leave.  Go to agendastats, (about the only thing its good for) and pass some SQL queries to the database regarding the number of unique player id's that have entered a game.

This community is driving new players away.

I have also recently had contact with the community management after trying to express my feelings on the global agenda official forums. 

Here's a copy of the official response, and my response to that after all of my posts where deleted.

[quote]You were flaming/trolling an informational thread with opinions and acting like they were facts.

AgendaStats is a fan site that has helped the community and the game significantly, and it continues to do so. An informational thread about the site features and functionality isn't the best place to air your grievances. If you would like to argue your opinions with the creator/supporters of the site, feel free to do it in PMs.[/quote]

[quote]Its ok, i've already uninstalled your game. Its pretty sad that your company creates an elite within its playerbase that is beyond reproach. I can't forsee finacial success finding you on this venture with that kind of attitude to your customers.

Agendastats.com has done alot more to hurt your game than you may realize at this point.

I just hope that in the end, the small group of players you seem to favor over the others end up being enough to keep your company alive.

Good luck[/quote]

Well, over all I'd have to agree with your analysis.  Unless HR does something to attract and retain new players, they will likely go the way that Tablua Rasa went... I'd hate to see that as I like the PvE aspects of this game.  My favorite part at this point is the raids. I really wish there was more than three maps.  But the community seems to be in a self destructive death spiral at this point. There are a limited number of 733t kiddies for this type of game. If HR is attempting to base their game on that demographic... Well, good luck to them.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • PlasmicredxPlasmicredx Member Posts: 629

I find it hard to believe that everyone in Global Agenda is using agenda stats. Similar things have occured in World of Warcraft like warcraftheroes ratings and gear score.

I would think you could easily bypass all of these systems by just advertising that you are looking to meet a serious agency in a voice chat so you can make friends. You would most likely get a bunch of replies.

As for me, I just log in to play FPS in Global Agenda. I don't care about socializing with the community.

I just interact with the community in PvP and PvE. In those regards, I have found the community infallible. :D

• snippy64snippy64 Member UncommonPosts: 32

I shot coffee out my nose when I read this.

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039

An excellent post slipfeed, which sums up the nature of Global Agendas community. The part about agentstats and the powerelite in particular. Theres also the culture of sticking rigidly to the pr0 approved min/max builds and strategy, without which leaves new players open to ridicule in a manner that matches wows gearscore elitists. Newbies can expect to be attacked with various internet memes or leet speak phrases (ur bad being a favourite) to correct what the pro guildz view as mistakes.

They also have a deep sense of entitlement and regularly make threats to leave the game unless X and Y are changed or their own views and insights are listened to without question or criticism, whilst slipping in various nostalgic quips about the old days when the competitive nature was much better yadda yadda (even though they were making the same complaints back then).

• sanskritsanskrit Member UncommonPosts: 95

Agree 100% with OP. The guy who started agendastats, which was a private site when I left, is a complete forum-mongering asshat who takes any constructive criticism or complaints about stat padding as a direct attack on his fragile nerd ego. The site KILLED GA, as how the stats are measured are mostly counter to what is required to win pvp matches. Only a moron wouldn't see the reality of this, yet mention this on the official forums and prepare for all manner of illogical flames from no-lifers who couldn't stand the legitimacy of their uberness being called into question.

So what you see is a metric ton of "freeriding," when stat padders get in a decent team, they are free to pad away as the other teammates who don't care about agendastats do the heavy lifting, undergo the risk and take the deaths that should have been more equally distributed throughout the team. When on an underdog team, their stat padding further imbalances things creating a dreadfully unfun random PvP environment. It parallels the crap that goes on in the random arenas in GW, just on a larger scale.

The amazing thing about GA to me is patch after patch they keep pumping out COSMETICS when they need to do some serious reworking of the underlying match and game mechanics. The game richly deserves the trouble it is in, and three full months after leaving, am amazed that none of the serious core problems with the game have been addressed.

The "tanking/healing" mechanic is seriously broken, especially the targeted healing, which is ridiculously difficult to do in 10v10 "glob" matches where all the players are in tight quarters. The robotics class is absurdly easy to play compared to other classes, so random pvp is cram full of robotics and recons. I had a couple months of fun in GA but finally woke up to the fact that it is not well designed.