Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Character race and their perks

ChoadSauceChoadSauce Member Posts: 91

So I'm back in empire after my 3 month expedition in null sec. And being this the 1st time i seriously play in empire I've had to learn many mechanics of the agent/standings system. 

I recently joined a corp that is set in gallente space. Seeing that all my corp mates are in gallente space, I decided to move there as well and do missions for them. I grinded out missons for weeks to get my standings high enough to do lvl 4 missions. Soon after this I realized that doing the missions for gallente, I was lowering the standings for the caldari navy. Being that my characters race IS caldari, I immediately stopped doing missions. I need to know "what to do" as far as missions go. Are there any special perks that me as a caldari character would get for doing caldari missions? other than the fact that I wont be able to enter jita (caldari controled) with low caldari standings, I cannot think of anything else that would be a disadvantage to me. Should I disguard doing gallente missions and start caldari?

_The Sauce Man

Comments

• skullquakerskullquaker Member UncommonPosts: 311

get your conenctions up to 4 dont do mission  that make you kill your own fraction im gallente but im doing missing in caldari space  all my standing are on even at moment . what lvl 4 mission you doing  if there FW MISSION   they will lower your standing a lot   not sure what else you can do .  i had the same problem i joined a  gallente  milita corp  took me a ages to get them all even  after i left  . 

• CodenakCodenak Member UncommonPosts: 418

Additional: dont do the missions that kill amarr or caldari, as they are allies and killing amarr will affect your caldari too, just to a much lesser extent. You can do interbus missions to up your Calamarri standings, but interbus doesnt have any storyline agents so that can be slow going. Good corp to mission for without totally killing your Caldari standings would be SOE as they will raise your gallminnie standings and have a lower antipathy to Caldari than most Gall corps. Try to avoid doing fednav missions if you want to keep your caldari standngs.

• ChoadSauceChoadSauce Member Posts: 91

you see I'm not very worried about getting standings lowered with caldari, I just want to know if there are any perks or bonuses im missing out on, being that im caldari. the only disadvantage I forsee is that I wont be allowed in caldari space.

_The Sauce Man

• TyphadoTyphado Member Posts: 177

There is absolutely no difference between what race your character is aside from rp. There used to be a difference in attributes (they where all still equivelant) but then attribute respec was added making them all equal.

There is a difference between which faction you are working for things like how many lvl 4 agents, some missions are faction specific, what space you may get locked out of etc.

Into the breach meatbags

• StonedogStonedog Member UncommonPosts: 32

Only problem you will have is if you manage to get -5 standing with a empire faction then their police will start shooting you in their highsec