Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patcher trouble?

TelilTelil Member Posts: 282

Hi all.

I want to try extended out and have downloaded the game. When i click onto the patcher to the game i get an outline of the patcher with the background. but nothing else? no buttons..no bar to say it's patching. it just stays like that untill i close it down!

Do you think there is some java file i am missing or do i need to install the patcher from somewhere? i downloaded it all from the extended play official site.

I get no message saying anything os wrong btw!

Thanks for any help in advance :)

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

the launcher is annoying for me too

an alternative is to goto the EQ2 game folder and run the client directly

EverQuest2.exe

• TelilTelil Member Posts: 282

Thank you Nadia.

I will try that tonight when i get back from work :)

getting a message saying the file is corrupted now and to try to reinstall.

Each time i do i get the same message and just the background of the patcher. seems like my computer is just trying to warn me against it lol. never mind ill try runes of magic :)

Just refreshing this to see if anyone has found a way around this problem yet?

I have tried uninstalling etc and now even when i try to download, the patcher screen comes on and nothing! now download, patch or anything...i have left it on all night just to make sure something is not happening in the background, still nothing?

worst thing is, i used to be a subscriber and ran it for 12 months, now i can't play it at all as i can't even install. not even a message saying what is wrong! so frustrating as i really wanted to try eq2 again.

• TralakTralak Member Posts: 78

im having the same problem as you, my system is windows xp sp 2 if that helps..