Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good Main char to choose?

Whats a good main char to choose for a new comer.. I tried the bard but the electric guitar sounds gave me a headache lol.. so I am looking for suggestions.. Maybe a gunner?

"An MMORPG could be completely diffirent from WoW. Just look at games like Dofus, Wizard101 or EVE. But as it is, most of the Western MMOs are trying to succeed by out-WoWing WoW. It's like an army of 10 sports games made about same sports, and barely none about other sports. WoW clone is an accurate description of those games, it manages to convey much information with only two words."
-Poster on mmorpg.com

Rift: World of Warcraft clone #9321 Nothing special to see here move along.

Comments

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Actually, I was going to suggest the guitar player lol.

At higher lvl he is really over powered, I still remember one of the aoe's flattening pretty much everything in 1-2 turns, caused the rest of my mercs to be extremly under leveled because of it too lol, since all the exp would almost always goto my main character.

It's been well over a year since i've played this game, so they might have nerfed it by now, but back then it was by far the easiest solo class to play as imo.

• BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403

MusicMain is the best until you get to level 100 and able to create a SawMain.

• hardgameshardgames Member Posts: 71

Usually, people have their first character reach level 100 so they can create a new one for a power saw. Although for starters, hmmm... well I actually don't know. I think there really isn't a best class. If there is, then everyone will choose that. Just choose whichever you think fits your playing style. Study their strengths and weaknesses. As for me, sword fits me perfectly well. Well, he's my only character so I can't compare but I'm very much satisfied with it. :)

Played: Runescape, Adventure Quest
    Currently playing: Aika Global, Atlantica Online
    Waiting for: Cardmon Hero, Dynasty Warriors Online

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Each main has it's own niche.  Guitar and Saw are overpowered (saw big time).  I prefer either Gun or Cannon, but I'm a stun addict.  One of my favorite builds is:

Cannoneer, Arty, Arty

Gun, Main (cannon), Gun

Princess, Monk, Shaman

after 2 rounds you pretty much win any battle with stuns :)

• hardgameshardgames Member Posts: 71

Originally posted by Gravarg

Each main has it's own niche.  Guitar and Saw are overpowered (saw big time).  I prefer either Gun or Cannon, but I'm a stun addict.  One of my favorite builds is:

Cannoneer, Arty, Arty

Gun, Main (cannon), Gun

Princess, Monk, Shaman

after 2 rounds you pretty much win any battle with stuns :)

Seriously? That's a unique formation. You don't even have a tanker. or an Exorcist.

Stun builds are cool in my opinion because of its intricacy. But I have two monks so I am able to significantly decrease the threat of stun builds. :p

Played: Runescape, Adventure Quest
    Currently playing: Aika Global, Atlantica Online
    Waiting for: Cardmon Hero, Dynasty Warriors Online

• laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004

The best main to me I would say musician or staffmain.  I wouldn't vote staffmain this high.  But with the release of tactical battle system, staffmain is in dire needs.

• heather001heather001 Member Posts: 16

if it's ok if my main is a spear type???

bleehhhh....

• reimarureimaru Member Posts: 228

I go for Axe, well it's good in PvE and a bit average in PvPs (but the freezing axe skill is a big help in pvps)

as for picking your weapons, you can change it in the game by using a vial of manesia, but it's a bit expensive XD

• rdom69rdom69 Member Posts: 7

for me axe is much better for main char...and its good in LF..

• breakertakerbreakertaker Member Posts: 4

Axe main for me. Been a sword main for a long time and im glad i switched to an axe main. If you want to do ABFl try being a music main.