It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Look...I do play WoW, still...on and off. I also play Aion, Eve, WAR, FE, DF, on an off. I never play the same MMO more than one month. why? because you can never, truly, beat an MMO so why rush? I would rather take my time and going back to my pre-internet days I remember the joys of getting the chance to just be able to play 2 games, 2 games!!!, at the same time. I miss that feeling and it's far far gone. WoW gets bashed, duh...why am I writing this? I am actually quite bored right now and it gives me something to do...I will buy CAT when it comes out. I bought WOTLK too and stopped after a month but I still enjoyed the one month. I am full of 2nd/3rd chances so whatever...anyway...i do have a lot of great memories of WoW. Was it my 1st MMO? yes...yes it was....why was it my first...I won't delve into details of why it was and why I waited to jump on the MMO train but here are my memories. Feel free, obviously, to post yours....please no trolls? please.....
I didn't play WoW until mid 2007 so yeah.....I'm late....but whatever....
1) Making a Troll. Troll was my first choice. I still love them the best. Why? They don't wear shoes, they talk like potheads (i dont smoke, btw...), and I love how they walk....the best race/class is the one you love the most...its not about racials.
2) Hitting level 10. it was new to me, duh....I liked the new choices available to me!
3) My first battleground. This was before the '1 click to get into BG' happened. I was so clueless on how to get into a BG and when it finally happened, and I got murdered over and over...I loved it!
4) Learning what a guild is and what it is about. Being able to find my style and mechanic.
5) The Barrens....I LOVED the barrens, every quest, it was an orgasm for me.
6) My first mount and realizing how great it was, and not cuz I could travel faster but just having it...
7) Realizing even though I was on a pve server I could still die from attacking alliance.
Anyway....this being my first MMO I loved all of those. What did you love about your "first" MMO ?