Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggest something.. I need an mmo..

Hey Forums,

I'm in a bordem phase currently, and looking for an mmo to get me back into gaming. I love PVP, or a really really good PVE game. But nothing really out right now has interested me.

Is there any game that is actually doing quite well right now that actually is fun to play / has a great player base?

I have Played:

WoW: 5 years, it's time for something new.. Sadly I might return for cataclysm.. maybe...

Aoc: Played on release month, quit, came back 6 months later, quit again. Recently read about the expansion, but the game is loaded with cheaters making it not worth even picking up.

FFXIV: I feel like I am playing to beta test the game, its not my cup of tea currerntly, the game feels lifeless. It's Crafting Fantasy XIV really.

EQ: Man I loved this game, but its not worth going back until they make a new progression server. Sadly I doubt that will ever happen.

EQ2: Played it for quite some time, resubed a month or two ago and quit after the second week. Playerbase was lacking, PVP was terrible, it's just not the same as EQ1.

DAOC: Played for a while, resubed 4-5 months ago for a free week. I enjoyed it but I went back to WoW in the end, the player base was dead. The game is dead, sadly.

WAR: Such a let down.. PvP was terrible , being stuck to the ground for 20930 seconds till death with no removals is one example. As you can see the game is dead.

EvE: Learning curve.. O my , I just gave up. I enjoy a sandbox mmo every now and then, but man thats a rough game.

AION: bought the game on release, played for the first month. Got bored of the total grind fest, nothing really fun was going on to continue.

Comments

• JaiceJaice Member Posts: 2

sounds about right. honestly there doesnt really seem to be anything out right now worth playing.  im hoping DC Universe online will be decent come november, and at least get me through until GW:2 or SW:TOR comes out.  sadly i have been reduced to messing around on private servers for the past couple months...and even then there isnt anything worth writing home about, or even mentioning.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Having tried all that... prolly nothing seriously left. Try Fallen Earth if you want a more sandbox style game in a Postapoclyptic Setting. I found the game cool, but the setting was too gloomy for me to stay.

Or what for DCU, I guess at least for some time it will be good enough; only about 4 weeks left to wait.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

if your into it, Champions Online was a nice break from the traditional bore fest for me. Hook up a gamepad (xbox360 one works without any extra settings)  for combat and your golden.

I was really impressed by it and find it to be pretty populated. Its just.. faster.. and more action orientated, which i found a hell of a lot more fun. Theres nothing like quickly flying down into a group of mobs and setting off a lightning field with you at the center or using your acrobatics all over the place whilst unloading your dual automatic pistols in a mobs face and sometimes pulling out your shotgun to finish em off.

I think you can get it + 30 days gametime for about $6 at the moment, the link is on thier offical news page. The free trial area is very poor compared to the rest of the game IMO, but its better than nothing I suppose.

Worth considering.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

My mistake.. that $6 offer has expired now but im sure you can get a boxed version really cheap, such as on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Champions-Online-Pc/dp/B0024FA6EY/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285822206&sr=8-1

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.