Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Planes of Telara: Name a Soul for Rift Contest

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Trion Worlds has announced a new contest called "Name a Soul for Rift". Apparently, devs are experiencing brain fade and need the help of their loyal fans. We've got eight screens and descriptive information about this unnamed soul to help stir YOUR creative juices. Check out the eight screens in our Rift: Planes of Telara gallery.

Overview

Drawing on the vital energies of plants and nature, this mage finds a balance between life and death. Only [Soul]s can focus these life energies into a devastating force, or recycle destructive magic to heal their allies.

Strengths

Their every destructive spell generates healing magic, so a [Soul] can survive situations that would kill most mages, and keep their allies alive even as they annihilate the enemy.

Weaknesses

Invaluable allies though they are, [Souls] possess neither the destructive potential of their fellow mages, nor the restorative spells of most clerics, and their ability to heal is dependent on the damage they deal in combat. A [Soul] who cannot hurt her foes cannot effectively heal her allies.

Head here to submit your name idea!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• EmhsterEmhster Member UncommonPosts: 913

Channeler struck me but it seems the name has already been suggested. Multiple times. image

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963

Basically LOTRO - Rune Keeper

• chrislekochrisleko Member Posts: 200

Actually, opposite of a LOTRO RK, more like the Arch Mage in WAR.

RKs focus on damage or healing per encounter, their damaging abilities reduce their ability to cast heals.

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503

Ornithologist of Doom - that would rock.

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

Sent in my suggestions :)

Equilibrimancer - being based upon an equilibrist, someone that performs balancing acts (such as tightrope walking etc).

Biomynicist - bilogical based magic twister.

Fluxitheurgist - a mage that controls the flow of energies through the use of rituals & spells.

• battleaxebattleaxe Member UncommonPosts: 158

Sounds like WoW's Shadow Priest or the ranged version of Warhammer's Disciple.

Basically you drain health from your opponant and give some multiplier of that health to you, a buddy, or your group.

Drainomancer?

Siphonomancer?

• RelampagoRelampago Member UncommonPosts: 445

Ecomancer messing with them is an inconvenient truth.

• SweetZoidSweetZoid Member Posts: 437

Soul Keeper

Death Seeker

Seeker

Reaper

• RadooRadoo Member UncommonPosts: 298

Sorry for above, i've seen this happening to others and now it happened to me too...   :(

This will be a good test for Trion to see how the fanbase will respond, as for numbers and feedback quality. I always appreciate when game companies try to bring new class systems to the MMORPG genre, as i'm quite fed up with the "warrior, priest, mage, archer" combination :P

So far, most of their "The Ascended class system" seems to bring a new, unique set of spells and or skills to define your class and thus your character. Well done

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503

Effeminate Wizard-Priest

Spellfarter

Abyssal Cheerleader

• TatercakeTatercake Member UncommonPosts: 286

hmnn well how many of you have chosen a mage type name 1 i be more along the lines of sorcerer of some sort mage is used up from 100s of games but think a little more magical

• TatercakeTatercake Member UncommonPosts: 286

or i like Primus for this guy

• MrVinniMrVinni Member Posts: 1

How about Averter? This soul can survive throught the harshest of ordeals by ravashing his/her enemies and draining their life force at the same time.

-Diviner: This soul channels the forces of the light and strikes upon the unholy while it strengthens the righteous.

Those could be subclasses like Stormcaller or Pyromancer but if you were looking for a main class like Cleric or Mage then possibly Zealot.

I hope it helps :)