Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marvel Super Hero Squad Online: Highlights & Features

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Recently, MMORPG.com's Joe Iuliani had the opportunity to meet and talk with Jay Minn, Director of Games at The Amazing Society. The pair spent time discussing Marvel Super Hero Squad Online and Joe had the chance to see the game in action via a tour conducted by devs. See what Joe found out about MSHSO, a non-traditional MMO coming soon to a computer near you.

Recently, I had a chance to meet up with Jay Minn, Director of Games at The Amazing Society to get an overview of the upcoming MMO, Marvel Super Hero Squad. While perhaps not a traditional MMO, I would argue that it just sneaks by under the definition with the one to four person cooperative play throwing the only monkey wrench into the plan.

Read more Marvel Super Hero Squad Online Highlights & Features.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• dannydeucedannydeuce Member Posts: 310

Looks like a fun game to pass time at work.  I am actually suprised I am impressed with such a younger age type game.  I guess it's the geek in me since this is indeed Marvel.

• wildtalentwildtalent Member UncommonPosts: 380

I need this to hurry up and come out some my 4 year old will quit asking about it.....

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Madness.

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

ugh my nephew would love this game, he has like 143 of those lil action figures that we all bought him over the years(he's 4). hell i can't go into walmart anymore and NOT look to see if they have any new ones lol and if they don't i'll run over to K-mart just in case >.<

little iffy till i see more on pricing tho, i know my brother would never let him play anything with a sub. and definitly worried about letting him play an online game, brother is a bit old fashioned and online anything has him paranoid. hell the only reason they have a computer is that i gave him my old one >.<

• croemcroem Member Posts: 61

Yeah, it's great.

Share some funny movies: http://www.heroup.com/media/movies/

*dragon's call*
    http://www.gamedp.com

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

DC Online is being releasing and Marvel is supporting this?

Pathetic...

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

This could be a good thing.. a gateway MMO to bring in more fans to the genre at an early age... in the same way Pokemon is to RPGs..

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

Originally posted by abyss610

ugh my nephew would love this game, he has like 143 of those lil action figures that we all bought him over the years(he's 4). hell i can't go into walmart anymore and NOT look to see if they have any new ones lol and if they don't i'll run over to K-mart just in case >.<

little iffy till i see more on pricing tho, i know my brother would never let him play anything with a sub. and definitly worried about letting him play an online game, brother is a bit old fashioned and online anything has him paranoid. hell the only reason they have a computer is that i gave him my old one >.<

You could reassure your brother that he'd be playing with Uncle Abyss610.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• jfk35824jfk35824 Member Posts: 81

its kool, this will be fun to play with my god kids when they are old enough.  I'm unclear on a couple things though, even after checking the official site:

1.  Is this slated for 2010 or early 2011?

2. Is this a browser game? I think the site implies it, but it isnt clear?

3.  sub/ no sub? download?

If anyone can clear these up i'd be appreciative...thanks!

• grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153

Originally posted by jfk35824

its kool, this will be fun to play with my god kids when they are old enough.  I'm unclear on a couple things though, even after checking the official site:

1.  Is this slated for 2010 or early 2011?

Read the article and apply your brain.

2. Is this a browser game? I think the site implies it, but it isnt clear?

Read the article - no brain application other than reading required.

3.  sub/ no sub? download?

I'd expect it to mirror Wizard 101/Free Realms pricing strategy.

If anyone can clear these up i'd be appreciative...thanks!

• GithernGithern Member Posts: 79

Originally posted by Yamota

Pathetic...

The Disneyfied Marvel is supporting this. This is great for kids and to introduce a new generation of people to the Marvel suite of characters. Especially after the debacles they call movies that have recently been unleashed on the viewing public... Maybe we'll end up with more comic book readers if the kids are introduced at a young age like they once were. Now things are too violent in those games for any respectable parent to want their kids to see.

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776

Pathetic...

Honestly after having seen Champions online I can't blame Marvel for pulling out when they did, and word is there is still going to be a Marvel mmo marketed at adults, I just wish I didn't have to see this one to remind me that I'll have to wait longer.  I am a pretty big comics buff but always preffered Marvel to DC so this is kind of off putting.

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

• jamonsterjamonster Member Posts: 2

My 10 yr old son and I tried this at PAX West this year-It's a very fun arcade style game from what we saw that he loved. In fact it's the only game he saw that he still talks about and bugs me to check up on (daily.).

We were told it's free to play with purchasable upgrades-as per the articles notation, new characters, fancy costumes, etc...

What I've read elsewhere states a 2011 release date. What we saw makes us look forward to next year.

• DarthLOLDarthLOL Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by Githern

Pathetic...

The Disneyfied Marvel is supporting this. This is great for kids and to introduce a new generation of people to the Marvel suite of characters. Especially after the debacles they call movies that have recently been unleashed on the viewing public... Maybe we'll end up with more comic book readers if the kids are introduced at a young age like they once were. Now things are too violent in those games for any respectable parent to want their kids to see.

Um. Yeah, Super Hero Squad was made BEFORE Disney took over Marvel, just sayin'.

I agree with the violence part, I know a child who is spoiled with super hero shows and movies and is quite violent...