Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW in our Diablo 3 ? Come on man...

2»

Comments

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by JenksFTW

Originally posted by Warmaker

Originally posted by Hardlinemonk

They kicked ass making sc 2, I have faith now.

I dunnot about that.  SC2 should've been released as a graphics patch for the original Starcraft, IMO.

I disagree entirely. With the new physics engine, elaborate story, new units/structures, and the challenges system this would be way more than a patch.

Ya sounds like someone hasnt actually played it at all.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516

Originally posted by SaintViktor

It is pretty sad when Blizzard is using WoW-like methods in our Diablo 3. Do they really know what they are doing ?

Link: http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/im-clvl-60...-now-what/

The core mechanic of world of warcraft was lifted directly from Diablo:  LOOT GRIND.  Maybe this is why I, for one, am very unimpressed with Blizzard.  Diablo and D2 were entertaining for brief periods, the problem I had with it was that it stripped out what was fun about rpgs....and left nothing but loot and mindless slaughter of equally mindless mobs.  They took this, threw a warcraft themed skin on top of it and then they charge ya 15 a month to try your hand at the loot slot machine that is wow.

Why is it sad that blizzard would use a diablo mechanic in a diablo game??  Maybe its more sad that millions of people pay 15 a month for a diablo mechanic.

Originally posted by DerWotan

Well since the first screenshots I felt very disappointed and now they are implementing more and more Wow features turning our franchise into World of Diablocraft.

Just look at how much oustanding features had been removed so far:

• custom stats

• horadrim cube

• xp lost

• progression

• necromancer (maybe the coolest class ever)

• town portals

• gothic graphic which is perfekt for a hellish setting

Is Blizzard really that stupid thinking crap like achievements will motivate the old crowd? I know they lost most of the top guys but seriously even a J. Wilson team should do better than that. I don't want to complete the game and magically be lvl 60 I want to grind after killing the hardest boss, cause thats fun replaying through the game is not fun, its dumb.

Maybe they are targeting the lazy gamers with this one don't know, but their vision for sure isn't anything like Diablo I and II was which is sad, because the franchise has been great.

Sorry to break this to you, but teh majority of people dont want to grind, and if you thi9nk someones lazy for not wanting to grind maybe you dont understand gaming, at all.

If you want to grind so bad go back and play diablo 2, if you love it so much, im sure blizzard wont give a rats ass whether you buy there game, and neither will the millions of other people who play games to have fun, not kill the same thing over and over again so they can brag about tehre epeen.

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516

Originally posted by warmaster670

I dunnot about that.  SC2 should've been released as a graphics patch for the original Starcraft, IMO.

I disagree entirely. With the new physics engine, elaborate story, new units/structures, and the challenges system this would be way more than a patch.

Why?  I played through it at a friends house and can truthfully say that it was a step backward.  There was really nothing all that great until you got the huge mech and got to just stomp on stuff..... maybe multiplayer makes it something special? I dunno, not a fan of the battlenet crowd from years ago and can only imagine that it makes xbox live look like a warm and inviting place lol.

Blizzard makes lowest common denominator games, its successful, but so is crap like Oprah, Jerry Springer, and Judge Judy.  When people herald pure crap as the second coming I must ask why are people so surprised when every other company starts churning out crap with peanuts.

Originally posted by severius

Originally posted by warmaster670

Why?  I played through it at a friends house and can truthfully say that it was a step backward.  There was really nothing all that great until you got the huge mech and got to just stomp on stuff..... maybe multiplayer makes it something special? I dunno, not a fan of the battlenet crowd from years ago and can only imagine that it makes xbox live look like a warm and inviting place lol.

Blizzard makes lowest common denominator games, its successful, but so is crap like Oprah, Jerry Springer, and Judge Judy.  When people herald pure crap as the second coming I must ask why are people so surprised when every other company starts churning out crap with peanuts.

And your personal opinions about the game means nothing, you said it could hav ebeen a patch, well thats BS, theres way more in SC2 than just a patchs worth.

And BTW, this is coming from someone who hates SC.

• solocronosolocrono Member Posts: 173

Funny you say this, because there was alot of Diablo in WoW.  I remember distinctly recalling alot of similarities to Diablo when I first started playing WoW.

Blizzard uses tried and true formula's.... streamlines them for their games... sometimes carries some formula's to their other games, and it succeeds.  You can't be angry with Blizzard, they're in this business to make money, and money they definitely make!  (I know I said somethin similar in another thread just now lol)

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

Originally posted by colddog04

So what you guys are saying now is that WoW took it from Diablo 1 and 2. Not the other way around. 

WoW did take it from Diablo 1 & 2. Look it up. Even the devs are on record saying that it was a particular style that originated from Diablo. Why do you ask? Did you really think WoW was the first game to have set bonuses for armor/loot? That was a Diablo standard my good friend.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• TheMinnTheMinn Member Posts: 397

Originally posted by SaintViktor

It is pretty sad when Blizzard is using WoW-like methods in our Diablo 3. Do they really know what they are doing ?

Link: http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/im-clvl-60...-now-what/

it's pretty sad that once jumping was first used in gaming it is still used...psshh....talk about being 'original'

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Originally posted by Ramonski7

So what you guys are saying now is that WoW took it from Diablo 1 and 2. Not the other way around. 

WoW did take it from Diablo 1 & 2. Look it up. Even the devs are on record saying that it was a particular style that originated from Diablo. Why do you ask? Did you really think WoW was the first game to have set bonuses for armor/loot? That was a Diablo standard my good friend.

Yeah, I came off like I didn't believe it. I completely believe it and am not surprised. I played Diablo and Diablo 2 way back when. I never got involved in the endgame. It was fun to beat with a few different classes, but never really had the lasting appeal for me at endgame.

Anyway, yeah, this is not news. They are making Diablo 3 like Diablo 2. They aren't taking something from WoW and making it Diablo.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

Originally posted by Ramonski7

Yeah, I came off like I didn't believe it. I completely believe it and am not surprised. I played Diablo and Diablo 2 way back when. I never got involved in the endgame. It was fun to beat with a few different classes, but never really had the lasting appeal for me at endgame.

Anyway, yeah, this is not news. They are making Diablo 3 like Diablo 2. They aren't taking something from WoW and making it Diablo.

Oh, yeah it read like you didn't know. I had friends that did Act runs so fast it made my head spin. All in hopes of grabbing a rare piece of loot or completing a set. I don't know what Diablo the rest of these guys were playing. But yeah nothing new here like you said. They are obviously giving D3 the same treatment that they did when they made the jump from SC to SC2. Tweaks here and there but basically the same formula that made the first 2 so damn popular.

Also didn't they add achievements to SC2? And last I heard, players were happy with them.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• drake_hounddrake_hound Member Posts: 773

Its not sad !! its game +

There is a huge different in hating wow , and comparing diablo 3 to it .

Sorry the GAME OVER or END sign doesn´t work anymore with the new audience .

And western company still haven´t found a game + mode like japanese company do .

That forces you to replay the whole content with a side twist .

So what you call sad ,i think is simply giving in to what people want , unlimited play with increase in power trough items .

Or you prefer to have level 100000 . or other way , 60 levels that counts really for 600 levels of grinding .

END GAME is for some old people what it says .

GAME ENDED !!! , not game starts ;)

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

Originally posted by emileecous

If this is true, they're already killing Diablo 3 before it even gets released.

By doing what?  Seriously, what have all of you been smoking?  Oh My freakin' goodness, it's SO horrible that Blizzard is actually attempting to IMPROVE a great game by adding things that they didn't think of previously.  Holy CRAP!  This is not one of those things that you should be pissed off about.  The game will remain the same except for that there may be a chance that there is something OTHER than doing Diablo runs 5,000 times to finally get that amazing chest piece or whatnot.  Since when hasn't Diablo been about PvP, Quests, and grinding to get that next best item?  No answer?  That's what I thought.  Adding to the list of ONE thing to do can't be a bad thing, can it? 

The only thing I really dislike is the health and mana orbs.  It seems like a really odd change in a mechanic that has worked so well in the past.  In this case Blizzard, don't fix what isn't broken.  If HP and mana pots were more rare, then I could understand.  But unless I didn't read correctly, these orbs are completely replacing them.