Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard officially corrupt? You make the call.

Comments

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

I have played wow for 5 yrs no not  been hacked once. I got paranoid once when everyone seemed to be gettign hacked by some flash player vulnerability. Thats right flash player had a vulnerability allowing key loggers onto your computer.

blizzard has alot of diffent ways to avoid getting hacked i tend to follow all of them. My gf wanted to go to a website claimingu get free pet in her in game mail i told her no. so she didnt. My freind did go he got hacked 2 days later.

Dont buy gold, dont buy power level services, dont go to any site through email link not even blizz. Go to battle.net or worldofwarcraft.com manually.

All these things stop hacks if u do not follow that rule thats yoru problem . Blizz will never give u a free pet by making u go to a site. Theyd just email u the pet in game. Blizzard dosnt contact u in game unless u get a ticket into them. then they will answer it. If they do contact u its always a gm wants to talk to u.

Dont ever follow any emails u get and never go ooh free pet i gotta get that its all a scam intended to steal yoru account. Dont worry about some stupid email saying u have to go here or there cause your account is being shut down for eula reason either. i get them all the time i never follow them ive enver been shut down.

I have an authenticator now and u cant use anothe rone to get into your account has to be the exact one linked to your account. My gf has one i figured i coudl get in her account with mine i was wrong. Not sure how it works but its pretty hack proff. while nothing is 100 pct hack proof this comes damn close.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by colddog04

Not another one of these...

User error or hacked email account. He likely bought gold at some point and would never admit it. Even if he didn't, user error or hacked email account. The end.

Yeah, the user error was trusting that using Battle.net is in any way secure.  After playing WoW for maybe three years, my account was compromised about two months after merging it with Battle.net.  Got all my stuff back, cancelled my accounts (both were stripped clean) and uninstalled the game. 

Six months and a new computer later, I get a message that my account has been suspended due to TOS violations.  The game was never reinstalled and I hadn't so much as visited a Blizzard web page with the new machine.  I hadn't even returned to Curse.com since there was no need, yet the account was compromised again.  Needless to say, I didn't reactivate my account to set everything straight again.

Anyway, never had a security problem until I started using Battle.net.  Then BAM -- accounts hacked.  And my story certainly isn't unique.  Neither is your accusation of buying gold.

• romerokromerok Member Posts: 104

Originally posted by jmcdermottuk

I think I have to agree that something is very wrong at Blizz. Let me explain:

I stopped playing WoW 3-4 months ago, cancelled my subs and un-installed the game. My PC has AV software and Anti Spyware running. I never respond to the stupid phish mails telling me I got into cata beta or won a celestial mount.

So, no key loggers, no visits to dodgy web sites and no logging into WoW for months. The weekend just gone my mate phones me up to ask if I'm logged in to WoW, which I'm not, and says he can see one of my chars in black temple. Kinda wierd...

I check my email account used on battle net, which is a yahoo account. Can't log in... same with WoW acct management. So anyway, I regain control of the yahoo acct, reset the wow acct password and check the subscription page. It's on a 7 day exemption (I later spoke to blizz sppt and this was a free week promo sent out at the start of this year).

The worrying part of all this is ... how did they get my login details? When speaking to blizz support we went thru all the usual, what av you run etc. Ran the scans, found no suspect software. The guy at Blizz decided he'd pass this on up the food chain because he was worried how the acct was hacked. Now I know people will say things like " ah but you did x,y,z and blah, blah" but it's not like I'm a clueless technophobe. I have nearly 20 years as an IT professional under my belt and I know a thing or three about securing my PC. So far I have found nothing to indicate I was hacked at this end.

Isn't the internet fun?

edited: spelling

Is there a chance you registered somewhere with that email adress and used the same password as you use for your current email adress? or that someone may have fished up a secret answer from you to reset your email accounts password by google-ing ?

"You resist. You cling to your life as if it actually matters. You will learn."

• jessianjessian Member Posts: 277

Originally posted by Rhoklaw

After having both my accounts hacked last year and restored, I was a little surprised to learn at how many people were getting their accounts hacked after Blizzard forced everyone into the battle.net account system. It just seemed rather odd to see more WoW accounts being hacked after this said event then before.

Let's be honest, the authenticator is a scam. Blizzard is having a hay day by screwing their customers out of $7 more because their battle.net system is worthless.

Last month something very peculiar occurred but I didn't think anything of it until it happened again this month. I pay for 3 accounts, 2 of mine and my wifes. Last month and this month, despite Blizzard stating all charges are recurring until you cancel, all 3 accounts were cancelled. Not one, not two, but all three. Was it because of lack of finances? Nope, checked the bank last month when it happened and simply started a new subscription the same day they got cancelled.

So, the interesting thing I noticed this month when resubscribing was that Blizzard now charges $1 extra to verify your financial account. I was like hmm, so Blizzard keeps cancelling my recurring subscription so I can pay them $1 for each account I reactivate, nice.

Sure, it's only $1 to us the customer, but how many people are having their subscriptions just randomly cancelled for no reason? You make the call.

Interesting points made here,

In my case, my account was Frozen since 2006, all my guildies left then as well over to Lord of the rings. And the game was fine 4 weeks ago as i checked the status for comming back to Catalyst only to find now its been "compromised" by a hacker.

Now i will offically accuse Blizzard on these forums of deliberatley hacking my account.  now the best laugh, they want to take me to court they have to prove MY PC was hacked and my details scammed from it, if my computer wasnt hacked then its 100% blizzards fault

I laugh at the fanbois lapping up to more costs playing this game, not only do Blizzard control the Gold selling websites and take a % they even ban players after it!

Check your bank details to see if they DO refund your $1

MHO  close all accounts and deinstall game

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,284

My wife and I have both had our accounts for a little shy of 6 years, no account compromises on either account. Many others in my guild have played a similar amount of time or longer with no compromises. The few that did have their accounts hacked were folks who accidentally downloaded a keylogger. Through the non-official curse client, phish emails, gold purchases, pissed off ex-girlfriend, etc.

Yes there is a slight possibility that some account compromises come from disgruntled employees, but most of the time it's user error.

Also, WoW isn't the only game where people have had their accounts compromised. Considering the higher population of WoW, it will be more prevalent based upon numbers. Also, since there are more people playing WoW than any other western mmo, the gold sellers will target those accounts more, better business for them.

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

we see what we want  to see. I have two sons play.. that have never been canceled by WOW.. never had to pay $1 .. not hacked.. blah blah.  And they have been off and on mostly on since 2004.  Yes blizzard is not perfect but to do something way to easy to prove and would cost them billions.. sorry not happening. So you find some like you where it LOOKS funny. I find some where this has never happened. And then your still PAYING? Dude if this is how you THINK.. I would never be paying these guys again.  

maybe your wife is canceling them to piss you off? Lol jk.. 

Originally posted by Kaneth

My wife and I have both had our accounts for a little shy of 6 years, no account compromises on either account. Many others in my guild have played a similar amount of time or longer with no compromises. The few that did have their accounts hacked were folks who accidentally downloaded a keylogger. Through the non-official curse client, phish emails, gold purchases, pissed off ex-girlfriend, etc.

Yes there is a slight possibility that some account compromises come from disgruntled employees, but most of the time it's user error.

Also, WoW isn't the only game where people have had their accounts compromised. Considering the higher population of WoW, it will be more prevalent based upon numbers. Also, since there are more people playing WoW than any other western mmo, the gold sellers will target those accounts more, better business for them.

Those Gold selling websites PAY Blizzard  $$$$ royalties, this was discussed on the forums way back in 2006 when the GM advertised it by mistake on the offical website. (which was later retracted and peeps banned for raising it up)

And can you honestly sit there and assume myself and others that WORK in IT security dont know what we are doing and how we monitor all traffic on the web??

Only people with ACCESS to our information is Blizzard staff

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

At one point me, my brother's account and my dads accounts were all 'hacked' in the space of 1 month.. such a thing is extremely unlikely. We didn't access each others account... all live seperately and ran the game on seperate computers. We are all also very very experienced with computers, professionally and personally. Sure, one of us might oversee a security breach now and then, but all three of us at the same time?? unlikely.

We came to the following possible conclusions:

Either Blizzard has a major security breach in it's system which needs addressing, and I don't just mean a data transfer issue.. I think their servers are vulnerable.

or Blizzard are doing it themselves!!

Why would we suggest they are doing it themselves? Because none of us have had active accounts for about a year, all had new computers and didnt even have the game installed. I'm not saying that is what Blizzard are doing, just that we considered it as an option.

The fact we weren't even playing the game means either Blizzard are doing it themselves, others are able to access their servers OR hackers got our details due to our own faults and waited a year to use them. I doubt they would wait a year...

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Originally posted by jessian

Those Gold selling websites PAY Blizzard  $$$$ royalties, this was discussed on the forums way back in 2006 when the GM advertised it by mistake on the offical website. (which was later retracted and peeps banned for raising it up)

And can you honestly sit there and assume myself and others that WORK in IT security dont know what we are doing and how we monitor all traffic on the web??

I can confirm that there were gold seller ads on the WoW forums shortly after they added banner ads to them, and that people were banned from the forums for even talknig about it. I saw the ads first hand on the forums and was one of the people talking about it. Every single one of the threads that mentioned it were all locked and soon after deleted, and a sticky went up on the forums a couple days later saying it was an "accident" with their 'third party advertising partner'. I posted about it a week later in a single thread that was asking about what was going on concerning those ads, and I contributed to said thread simply curious as the rest of the posters as to what went on and why it seemed to just get swept under the rug. Sure enough, that thread itself was deleted, and myself and others banned from the forums, myself for a week.

I recieved a stern email from Blizzard saying that I "shouldn't discuss their forum moderation decisions". Apparently the fact that I even asked why they would barely aknowledge the fact that it happened and why they seemed to be covering up the fact that it happened got me banned.

Originally posted by Ceridith

Originally posted by jessian

I can confirm that there were gold seller ads on the WoW forums shortly after they added banner ads to them, and that people were banned from the forums for even talknig about it. I saw the ads first hand on the forums and was one of the people talking about it. Every single one of the threads that mentioned it were all locked and soon after deleted, and a sticky went up on the forums a couple days later saying it was an "accident" with their 'third party advertising partner'. I posted about it a week later in a single thread that was asking about what was going on concerning those ads, and I contributed to said thread simply curious as the rest of the posters as to what went on and why it seemed to just get swept under the rug. Sure enough, that thread itself was deleted, and myself and others banned from the forums, myself for a week.

I recieved a stern email from Blizzard saying that I "shouldn't discuss their forum moderation decisions". Apparently the fact that I even asked why they would barely aknowledge the fact that it happened and why they seemed to be covering up the fact that it happened got me banned.

A lot of our guildies also got caught up on that on the deathwing server as we spammed /1 /3 with daily alts set up spamming

"Get yer Gold of yer GM" only $5 a gold lol

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Originally posted by Unlight

Not another one of these...

User error or hacked email account. He likely bought gold at some point and would never admit it. Even if he didn't, user error or hacked email account. The end.

Yeah, the user error was trusting that using Battle.net is in any way secure.  After playing WoW for maybe three years, my account was compromised about two months after merging it with Battle.net.  Got all my stuff back, cancelled my accounts (both were stripped clean) and uninstalled the game. 

Six months and a new computer later, I get a message that my account has been suspended due to TOS violations.  The game was never reinstalled and I hadn't so much as visited a Blizzard web page with the new machine.  I hadn't even returned to Curse.com since there was no need, yet the account was compromised again.  Needless to say, I didn't reactivate my account to set everything straight again.

Anyway, never had a security problem until I started using Battle.net.  Then BAM -- accounts hacked.  And my story certainly isn't unique.  Neither is your accusation of buying gold.

Are you sure it wasn't user error?

• VercinVercin Member UncommonPosts: 292

A friend of mine just recently had a similar situation occur. Afriend of his calls him up and asks him if he reactivated wow because his character is currently online,.

So he calls me and asks me to check because he doesn't even have WOW installed on his computer.

So i log in with the character and it is sitting in black temple. Whoever hacked the account had JUSt been playing it because there were bodies all over the ground stillt o be looted.

Also whoever hacked the account had actually purchased and attatched a 30 day game card to the account.

He hasn't played the account for almost a year and had the game uninstalled.

Things of interest though. He had well over 30k of gold ont he account, which of course was taken.

So how does somone know to buy a 30 day card for an account  that has that much gold on it? Or do they just randomly buy cards and attach them to accounts.

I'm also one of those believers that somone in blizzard is makeing alot of money on the side selling account info to the CGFs.

The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Originally posted by Falcomith

Let's be honest, the authenticator is a scam. Blizzard is having a hay day by screwing their customers out of $7 more because their battle.net system is worthless.

I like to know why you think this product they are selling is a scam? Other games are using authenticator devices, FFXIV to name one.

To bring it up a notch, most banks offer it for logging into your commercial accounts online.  Cell phone companies use the device to access and turn off the alarm system at cell phone tower buildings.

So the product does work and is very hard to nearly impossible to crack since that particular Authenticator serial number (not the display number) is tied to your account and that the display number changes every time you press the button.

$6.50 is not much considering how much time and effort you can put into a game and just have it taken away because you believe it doesnt work or you rather use that money for a combo meal at McDonalds. 

I wish all MMOs had the option to use a device like that. I know what its like to have an account stolen. Happened to me on a SOE account.

Also, $6.50 isn't that much when you consider how much it costs to produce and ship it. They don't charge shipping for it. It's not like they are trying to make some huge profit on it or something.

I'm only quoting this because this is what i wanted to discuss.  Since when did you ever have to pay for secruity to lock someone else's product? yes those characters, Bilzzard owns them, those severs? yep Blizzard's as well. How about them landscapes you travel you think you own them? nope, Blizzard does. The only thing you "own" is the time you bought (which they can cancel at any time for any reason) and that authenticator.

Blizzard did something, don't even try and say it's all user error, sure alot of people may have been careless. But even that sudden of an increase will have an effect on the creditability of a company. For the very longest time it was quite, then Blizzard switch everyone to Battle.net and all of a sudden we hear non stop "tales" (if you want) about how accounts are getting hacked, whether they are true or not. Then we start getting email after email after email about phising attempts. At the very least this makes people raise an eyebrow. Sure WoW is the biggest and it has the biggest player base but when it's nothing for the longest time then a company does something and all of a sudden it's hectic with all kinds of hacks and phising emails it makes you stop and go, what the heck just happened? 

Introduce the authenticator. This little genius that Blizzard brings out, stops all these bad people from getting into your account if you give us 7 bucks.  7 dollars isn't much true but  shouldn't secruity of company property be paid out by the company. Instead they release it to the public and give you the basic line, if you want your new battle.net account safe you'll buy this product, it's only 7 bucks once. Wasn't your account secure before the switch? Now it's not? Blizzard moved the accounts and made it "unsafe" without the authenticator.  That seems to me that they should get you back to where you were "before" they did whatever made your account unsafe without charging you extra. Yes theres a free version, if you have the required device to download it. If you don't you gotta buy it or buy the authenticator.  Either way, your out more money because of what another company did.

Also I've never bought an authenticator and i won't. mere principle, if you can't keep your product secure enough to the point where I have to buy a second piece of merchandise to keep the first one safe. You don't deserve my money. Get your secruity straight then we'll talk. Not before.

We need to stop letting companies making us pay for something that should be their charge.  Soon they'll be saying we are upping the charge of your monthly subscription to 15.99 for the new servers. They are faster and can hold more people and it's only a dollar more. If people go along with this, i'm going to /facepalm

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• SoleinaSoleina Member Posts: 9

All i can say is this..

To me, it's funny to hear of how people get hacked and such, as I have never been hacked once in the 5 years + i've been playing. I have bought gold from gold selling websites on 2 occasions, never went to phishing emails and have visited many gold seeling websites.. like 10 of them.. and never got hacked

my wife got hacked once for visiting a phishing email.. so I don't know what to tell you.. but yea, I've never been hacked.

edit: I don't have an authenticator

• n00baran00bara Member Posts: 79

you woke up, nice!

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

I cannot believe this many pages are dedicated to a post about a NON-issue.

Apparently the OP does not use his CC online enough to be familiar with the $1 "charge" to check the validity of the account. As so many people have already stated...you are never CHARGED that dollar...it is held. It's not even "refunded" to you, because it's never actually CHARGED to your account.

Really...that should have been the end of the thread, and yet...I wager it will go on for about 7 MORE pages, because we'll all have to have our say against Blizzard, as well, even though most people have had accounts since 2004 that have never been "hacked." And I'm saying this NOT being a big fan of Blizzard, but...I'm also not a fan of "let's blame everyone but ourselves."

*sigh*

Yes...I am contributing to the continuance of a thread that really no longer has a purpose. *bows head in shame*

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• sungodrasungodra Member Posts: 1,376

I usually don't buy into these kinds of things. Big company trying to rip off the lil man? Sure...

Anyhow, something does sound phishy over there at blizzard.net  tbqfh.   I wouldn't trust it, and I wouldn't play the game if the hacking was THIS rampant and their secure system is shit.

Haven't played wow in some time now, I think I will keep it that way.

"When it comes to GW2 any game is fair game"

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 810

Originally posted by whilan

Originally posted by Falcomith

I like to know why you think this product they are selling is a scam? Other games are using authenticator devices, FFXIV to name one.

To bring it up a notch, most banks offer it for logging into your commercial accounts online.  Cell phone companies use the device to access and turn off the alarm system at cell phone tower buildings.

So the product does work and is very hard to nearly impossible to crack since that particular Authenticator serial number (not the display number) is tied to your account and that the display number changes every time you press the button.

$6.50 is not much considering how much time and effort you can put into a game and just have it taken away because you believe it doesnt work or you rather use that money for a combo meal at McDonalds. 

I wish all MMOs had the option to use a device like that. I know what its like to have an account stolen. Happened to me on a SOE account.

Also, $6.50 isn't that much when you consider how much it costs to produce and ship it. They don't charge shipping for it. It's not like they are trying to make some huge profit on it or something.

I'm only quoting this because this is what i wanted to discuss.  Since when did you ever have to pay for secruity to lock someone else's product? yes those characters, Bilzzard owns them, those severs? yep Blizzard's as well. How about them landscapes you travel you think you own them? nope, Blizzard does. The only thing you "own" is the time you bought (which they can cancel at any time for any reason) and that authenticator.

Your whole argument is irrelevant. Its not the issue of owning the landscape or parts of the game. Its protecting your account, more specificly your credit card and personal information that is on there site.  A one time fee is worth it if it protects someone from hacking and nabbing your personal info.

For example, when my SOE EQ2 account was hacked, and I havent played for two years I might add, they tried using my credit card that was listed on SOEs account server. Thank goodness that credit card had expired. But, what they decided to do is somehow get a hold of someone else's credit card and apply it to my account. I then started getting emails for all the items and adventure packs that were purchased using my account. Thank goodness the hacker wasnt smart enough to change the email in the account, otherwise I wouldnt have gotten notifications of purchases and may be under investigation for fraud if I didnt catch it and report it. So to pay a small fee to prevent something like this is worth it.

You probably dont realize it, but those hidden fees banks and other finacial institutions you pay for are allot of times to pay for the security on your account.

Too many people in this world want everything free.

• neodavieneodavie Member Posts: 278

After having both my accounts hacked last year and restored, I was a little surprised to learn at how many people were getting their accounts hacked after Blizzard forced everyone into the battle.net account system. It just seemed rather odd to see more WoW accounts being hacked after this said event then before.

Last month something very peculiar occurred but I didn't think anything of it until it happened again this month. I pay for 3 accounts, 2 of mine and my wifes. Last month and this month, despite Blizzard stating all charges are recurring until you cancel, all 3 accounts were cancelled. Not one, not two, but all three. Was it because of lack of finances? Nope, checked the bank last month when it happened and simply started a new subscription the same day they got cancelled.

So, the interesting thing I noticed this month when resubscribing was that Blizzard now charges $1 extra to verify your financial account. I was like hmm, so Blizzard keeps cancelling my recurring subscription so I can pay them $1 for each account I reactivate, nice.

Sure, it's only $1 to us the customer, but how many people are having their subscriptions just randomly cancelled for no reason? You make the call.

So Blizz is intentionally shutting down your account every month so that you have to reactivate all three accounts for a grand total of three dollars extra per month? And you never bothered to call technical assistance? Nice going Columbo you've uncovered the most poorly executed ponzi scheme ever.

Originally posted by GTwander:

How are you an MMO? Or any of us for that matter?

I say we strike all users from the site for not being MMOs.

• YauchyYauchy Member UncommonPosts: 298

It might not be a scam per-say, but is very odd to say the least.

I was hacked 3 days ago, in which I haven't played the game in 11 months.  I could still login and noticed no change in billing information (including no reference to a pre-paid card in use).  Now it was set to 1-month reoccuring, without charging my card on the account?  This happend to my fiancee' as well (whose account I paid for), except on that account they put an authenticator on it.  The identical situation to mine happened to one of my raiding buddies.  

Now I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but I'm thinking there is a very large loophole on inactive accounts or maybe some master list from an old addon that some ninja'd a keylogger in (with a few year time delay?).  Who really knows, but realistically it can't all be just "users getting keyloggers".

The bottomline:  Why are so many inactive accounts suddenly being hacked, for people that had no issues with hacking for YEARS of playing and watching active people getting hacked?  It seems far more likely to be a Blizzard related issue, than due to us...but that might just be my opp.

Also note:  Square Enix brought up authenticators for FFXI due to account theft, but also gave people free inventory space for activating it (where blizzard gets no benefits other than piece of mind).  So all companies love the idea of 1.) Securing peoples accounts so they don't hear QQ from you and 2.) Making more money off of you - It is win:win for the company, so off course the big dogs love authenticators (not a scam, just smart business decisions). 

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Oh noes, tinfoil hat. It couldn't be an array of more likely things, like bugs in the system or small database issues, but it's a CONSPIRACY.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• KroggKrogg Member Posts: 480

what a stupid thread.

Blizz is corrupt? lol

been playing since beta, never been hacked or stolen, decided to use an authenticator for the core hound pup, it's a free addon on my phone, no big deal.

they've never cancelled my billing cycle.

op doesn't have a clue about how account verification works, sees one thing he can't explain with his peabrain and throws up this post? 

funny stuff.

Originally posted by Yauchy

It might not be a scam per-say, but is very odd to say the least.

I was hacked 3 days ago, in which I haven't played the game in 11 months.  I could still login and noticed no change in billing information (including no reference to a pre-paid card in use).  Now it was set to 1-month reoccuring, without charging my card on the account?  This happend to my fiancee' as well (whose account I paid for), except on that account they put an authenticator on it.  The identical situation to mine happened to one of my raiding buddies.  

Now I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but I'm thinking there is a very large loophole on inactive accounts or maybe some master list from an old addon that some ninja'd a keylogger in (with a few year time delay?).  Who really knows, but realistically it can't all be just "users getting keyloggers".

The bottomline:  Why are so many inactive accounts suddenly being hacked, for people that had no issues with hacking for YEARS of playing and watching active people getting hacked?  It seems far more likely to be a Blizzard related issue, than due to us...but that might just be my opp.

Also note:  Square Enix brought up authenticators for FFXI due to account theft, but also gave people free inventory space for activating it (where blizzard gets no benefits other than piece of mind).  So all companies love the idea of 1.) Securing peoples accounts so they don't hear QQ from you and 2.) Making more money off of you - It is win:win for the company, so off course the big dogs love authenticators (not a scam, just smart business decisions). 

core hound pup dude, maybe not as useful as a few bag slots but it counts towards acheivs and the salt lick.

did you ever think that maybe people are getting stolen/hacked because more people are stealing/hacking?

plus, you've given no number, no stats, no indication of how you run your own PC security, you just made a general statement.  So many inactive account?  How many?  I don't know anyone who's had this happen.  Blizz warns you as soon as you log in that there has been a rise in phishing scams, they dont so this for fun, they warn you because it's true.

MOAR SCAMS = MOAR SCAMMED

like 1+1 easy maths

• sungodrasungodra Member Posts: 1,376

Originally posted by Benthon

Oh noes, tinfoil hat. It couldn't be an array of more likely things, like bugs in the system or small database issues, but it's a CONSPIRACY.

It could be anything, but the bottom line is it is not secure.  Also, blizzard is known for trying to milk every dollar out of a bad situation.

You know what they say, never let a good disaster go to waste. 

"When it comes to GW2 any game is fair game"

Originally posted by sungodra

Originally posted by Benthon

It could be anything, but the bottom line is it is not secure.  Also, blizzard is known for trying to milk every dollar out of a bad situation.

You know what they say, never let a good disaster go to waste. 

REALLY? Is blizzard known for that?  news to me.   Just quit playing and buying from them then if you think they are just trying to get more cash out of you.  bloody paranoid crybabies around here.

Bottom line is the INTERNET isn't secure, it isn't blizzards fault.  They made a game that draws a lot of money and account hacks for gold are going to happen.  People will find a way in, it's not up to blizz to make sure you don't fall prey to phish scams or get keylogged. 

The account info is not getting stolen from them. It's getting stolen from YOU.  They are holding your info securely, you are getting hackd, not them.

I feel sorry for blizzard for having to deal with people like you.  Can't be happy they made a fun game, people love to slam them, yet continue to sub monthly and play.  wierdos

This discussion has been closed.