Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mmorpg with no classes, f2p, and a couple races at least

ruseca13ruseca13 Member Posts: 17

hey i was wondering if there was a game besides runescape that offers no classes, and you just get skills up so i could maybe be like a mage that is also a warrior, and i dont mean like dual classes either like guild wars or runes of magic...i mean that i getta choose what i wanna do and if i dont like it, with taht same character i could do something else...

i would like a game thats f2p, but go ahead and list p2p games too (just tell me whether they are free or not)

and with at least a couple races to choose from unlike RS which only has humans....

thank you, hopefully i was detailed engough lol

o and ps i dont want sci-fi games like eve or something, i mean games that are medieval fantasy stuff, like runescape lol

( for those wondering wtf dont i just play rs, its because rs is slow, i dont like the magic system; the runes and stuff, and i wanna be something othere than a damn human!!!)

thank you :)

Comments

• ruseca13ruseca13 Member Posts: 17

Originally posted by Robokapp

EVE if you can farm 350,000,000 isk per month. that's 1-2 days for an advanced player but impossible for a new player so you'll have to pay first 3-4 months.

o and ps i dont want sci-fi games like eve or something, i mean games that are medieval fantasy stuff, like runescape lol

( for those wondering wtf dont i just play rs, its because rs is slow, i dont like the magic system; the runes and stuff, and i wanna be something othere than a damn human!!!)

thank you :)

• FrettizelliFrettizelli Member Posts: 19

Fallen Earth- It's P2P, you can be anything, and it's fun imo... Las time i checked it had a 14 days trial, not sure if it's still there tho

DuckRoll

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

If u dont mind a older game, try Asherons Call.

No classes

No CC

magic and arrows can be dodged.

you can be a fire ball throwing mace guy if u want.

open world no instances at all.

is it free?!

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

People are missing the *F2P* point here, so I won't let the OP down.

Shin Megami Tensei Online

You add what amounts to skill points you get when leveling up in various combat and utility skills and can pretty much divide your spec between melee, ranged (guns) and magic. Though you are best off just going one route per character since there is a limit to the max alloted. The game's combat is exactly like Mabinogi's, with a paper/rock/scissors kind of combat the requires you to recognise the enemy telegraphing his next move, then act accordingly. Plus the demon pet system is tits, you can control them with F1-F8 simultaneously with your own combat actions on the standard hotbar. You can also fuse two demons into a more badass one with some of the abilities rolling over, a staple of the SMT console series.

Otherwise, Mabinogi basically does the exact same thing in terms of combat and skill-based mixed classes and such. Only it has a lot more depth, though doesn't look as good imo. No demon pets either, but it has more races than just human.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604

Originally posted by DrunkWolf

No classes

No CC

just be careful if you sign up for the trial.  it doesn't authenticate and they charge you like $2 for some unknown reason.  Anyway, the only other game i have tried that is in a fantasy setting where you can level up what you want is ryzom.  You can play with races that i cant even describe.  They are just unique.  It is p2p at $10 a month, but they offer a 21 day free trial with no credit card required (unlike asheron's call).  

Other than those two games, if you happen to stumble upon a runescape-esque game, please let me know

• akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615

Originally posted by hockeyplayr

No classes

No CC

just be careful if you sign up for the trial.  it doesn't authenticate and they charge you like $2 for some unknown reason.  Anyway, the only other game i have tried that is in a fantasy setting where you can level up what you want is ryzom.  You can play with races that i cant even describe.  They are just unique.  It is p2p at $10 a month, but they offer a 21 day free trial with no credit card required (unlike asheron's call).  

Other than those two games, if you happen to stumble upon a runescape-esque game, please let me know

actually Asheron's Call is $12.95 a month there are 4 human races 1 golem race and shadows. AC hasnt been $9.95 a month since Microshaft sold the rights back to Turbine.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604

Originally posted by akiira69

Originally posted by hockeyplayr

No classes

No CC

actually Asheron's Call is $12.95 a month there are 4 human races 1 golem race and shadows. AC hasnt been $9.95 a month since Microshaft sold the rights back to Turbine.

i was talking about ryzom. and your right ac is 12.95 a month and $10 to buy it according to the website

• FrettizelliFrettizelli Member Posts: 19

Originally posted by GTwander

People are missing the *F2P* point here.

I didn't i posted FE just because he said "go ahed and post P2P games too"

DuckRoll

• BMoorBMoor Member Posts: 202

Like one of the previous posters suggested, I'd also recommend Mabinogi.  The art style seems a bit cartoonish but the combat requires timing and tactics.

• DeDroaDeDroa Member UncommonPosts: 11

Ya Mabinogi is exactly what you described and its free.

wow you all thanks for the suggestions!!! and thanks for sticking to my wanted requirements!!! i have checked all the games out and ima stick with the cheaper game lol so Mabinogi here i come!!!!!

again thanks!!!!!!!! you're all epic people lol!!!