Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

enough is enough already

SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395

I'm really looking forward to GW2. I eat up every bit of info I see.

but

the bombardment of the "ratings" of other games by the GW2 fans/devs/whoever is getting out of hand. to see each and ever other game drop point after point day after day and until last week(mmorpg.coms devs put a stop to it?) the GW2 rating would climb higher.

I know it means nothing but as a GW2 fan I am ashamed and a bit worried what the player base might consist of(maturity wise) if this is something they would do

Comments

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Probably 3% of the people who are going to play GW2 actually post on this site, and even less actually vote or do what you're talking about. I think you can relax. The ratings system means very little and is nothing to worry about, just like the IMDB ratings system. 

• mmonoobletmmonooblet Member Posts: 336

The problem here is your understanding of the 'hype' meter.  These aren't ratings.  These are simply a way for people to tell others how much personal hype they have for a game.  If all of these people are super hyped over GW2, and very much not hyped over these other games, then that is exactly how they should express it.  That's how it's designed, that's exactly what it's for.

• magestonemagestone Member Posts: 80

Originally posted by mmonooblet

The problem here is your understanding of the 'hype' meter.  These aren't ratings.  These are simply a way for people to tell others how much personal hype they have for a game.  If all of these people are super hyped over GW2, and very much not hyped over these other games, then that is exactly how they should express it.  That's how it's designed, that's exactly what it's for.

+1.

• KillHurtKillHurt Member Posts: 347

It is every fan of any one particular game.

Everyone who wants to play Rift and not anything else, well they will vote all the other games down in order to get it's game in the spotlight. Same for almost all the games.

If any one group were to blame it would probably be Final Fantasy in an attempt to lower everyone elses hype in order to match theirs.

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796

Originally posted by mmonooblet

You fail to cast 'Common Sense'!

You are critically hit with 'NewGen Disease00'!

You say, 'I no rite! lolol!!111oneoneeleven'

Your preparations to camp will take 30 more seconds.

Your preparations to camp will take 25 more seconds.

Yes I'm strange.  Yes i found this funny.