Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO's worth checking out.

erebus890erebus890 Member Posts: 46

I've been looking for an MMO (that's not WoW) that would be worth playing. I have heard that game's like DAoC, DDO, and LoTRO are worth checking out.

How is the leveling for these games?

How is the combat?

How is the PvP?

Is there a lot of endgame content?

Which would you recommend?

Comments

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Just wait until Guild Wars 2 or The old Republic because nothing is really worth reccomending in 2010. That is just my opinion.

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Only play DAOC if you want the end game to be straight pvp (siege plus other types). Many other posts address leveling in the game, but to summarize, leveling is a short, easy, and lonely process.

DDO and LotR for PVE. I don't like DDO because it's clunky, unimmersive, very instanced, and lacks gameplay depth. No fun pvp. I haven't played LotR but I'm sure it's better than DDO in most significant ways. 

I'd recommend DAOC for hardcore, fun pvp, and EQ2 for pve end game raiding. 

• erebus890erebus890 Member Posts: 46

Originally posted by SaintViktor

Just wait until Guild Wars 2 or The old Republic because nothing is really worth reccomending in 2010. That is just my opinion.

I'm currently waiting for both of those titles, SWTOR looks absolutely amazing and GW2 will probably be alt game since it's free. But still, both of those games still have a while till release.

Originally posted by Jimmac

Only play DAOC if you want the end game to be straight pvp (siege plus other types). Many other posts address leveling in the game, but to summarize, leveling is a short, easy, and lonely process.

DDO and LotR for PVE. I don't like DDO because it's clunky, unimmersive, very instanced, and lacks gameplay depth. No fun pvp. I haven't played LotR but I'm sure it's better than DDO in most significant ways. 

I'll check'em out. I am kind of looking for something with good PvP. Thanks

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

See this post for greater detail on the process of getting to the end game in DAOC. If it doesn't sound appealing to you, other PVP games to check out are EVE and Darkfall. 

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/3814363#3814363 (the entire thread not just this one post)

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Originally posted by erebus890

Originally posted by SaintViktor

I'm currently waiting for both of those titles, SWTOR looks absolutely amazing and GW2 will probably be alt game since it's free. But still, both of those games still have a while till release.

I'll check'em out. I am kind of looking for something with good PvP. Thanks

Yeah that is the drawback  right now, the wait for those games may be longer than expected. Games like Starcraft 2, Borderlands, Torchlight, Fallout: New Vegas and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow will have me entertained until Guild Wars 2, I'm also looking forward to Torchlight 2! :)

• erebus890erebus890 Member Posts: 46

See this post for greater detail on the process of getting to the end game in DAOC. If it doesn't sound appealing to you, other PVP games to check out are EVE and Darkfall. 

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/3814363#3814363 (the entire thread not just this one post)

Hey, thanks for that. I'm not too worried about things like the combat, or getting owned over and over. I've always been pretty good at figuring things out on my own. Also, I really like the fact that it's really fast paced leveling. I hate it when it takes like 2 days of to reach a new level in some games.