Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

End-Game

1234568»

Comments

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

It may have cost you $20 but in the UK cost me equivalent of $40 i believe..dont get me wrong papadam i will still play regardless..i just dont want them to end up like SOE who has far as i,m concerned are a bunch of robbing bastards who have no thought of ripping off there customers , especially when u see games like vanguard..albeit not all there fault on that score.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Originally posted by gordiflu

Man, you are so stubborn it's unbelievable.

why because I ask you to back up your opinion with a facts and links instead of making broad generaliztions which are not true ?

The list of end-game content released this year on this expansion pack is up there. I am talking exclusively end-game which is what we are discussing in this thread.

and you you cannot name any other company that has added more in the last two years

Fact: Since last payed expansion, which, again, is most probably the smallest payed expansion in the history of MMOs (prove me wrong if you can), Turbine has added nothing new to end-game. Whatever happened in the SoA days doesn't matter. Whatever happened in the MoM days I don't give a dime. Whatever the game was over a year ago it's irrelevant. I am talking about end-game now, which is what matters in this thread.

LOL now is  gem of a paragraph  :)  the word fact followed by the words "is most  probably". You might want to take the time to look up the word fact :) And as others pointed out in the last year you also had Lothlorien and the Enedwaith areas added. Also I guess you never experienced EQII's adventure pack escapade. 5 bucks for a few  (10 or 15  maybe ?) added quests was the norm when EQII first released. The first one was about 2 months into the game as I recall.

My past posts about the game are in the game's official forums, which is the place to post when you are playing the game and there is no way I am giving you my game/forum nick to let you come and troll it, lol, I am not that naive. Actually, I am 100% sure I have actually experienced the game's last aditions more than you, since there is not a single boss in game I have not killed and you have already admited that you are not into raiding.

And you are twisting my words again. What I am saying is that I don't like Lotro's end-game becouse it is weak and poor. Check my posts again and you will see how I have admited that Lotro is actually a good game while leveling up and such. And I have expressed no opinion about VG or CO. I have only stated facts. As I said, I left VG for a reason, and I have cancelled CO's subscription for a reason too.

I have never twisted your words once. You made a claim that in a previous post  in this thread you had discussed a game with better end game content and explained in that post why you thought it had a better end game. The only game you had mentioned in this thread up to that point was  VGSoH and your only statement about it was it had a 34 man boss raid. At that point in the thread  you had not even mentioned CO. I am not sure where you are coming up with the twisting your words BS.

So once again you make a post and cannot name any game that has addded more content and play style options than Turbine has done with LoTRO in the last two years yet you persist in shouting your opinion that LoTRO sucks and they never add any content. Why am I not surprised? A few real facts from you would be a refereshing change.

I miss DAoC

Originally posted by Papadam

You now Blizzard and SOE sell mounts for $25.... Puts things in perspective.

you gotta be kidding me

well maybe not LOL

http://www.1up.com/news/fancy-horse-blizzard-2-million

and monkey see monkey do

http://www.massively.com/2010/05/20/sony-online-entertainment-introduces-25-mount/

well at least the SOE mount gives you run + 65% speed and some bonus to your stats

sorry for doubting , but I really don't follow games I never plan on playing again forums or news.

I miss DAoC

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

LOL! I'll never see lotro endgame.

How anyone could suffer through doing a million quests is beyond me. I stack like ten and before half of them are done im logged off.

Quest stacking is such a passed its time mechanic in mmo leveling its crazy.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

Originally posted by Rockgod99f.

you mean like all of those EvE and AO missions and quests in SoR ?

What game mechanic do you feel is better and which game utilizes it ?

I miss DAoC

Originally posted by Jackdog

All of them use a dated mechanic, EvE & Ryzom just make it optional because there are several mechanics one could dive into besides missions (its not the main mechanic like in lotro).

I actually like lotro i just wished the game had more to do than follow hubs around and keep my quest log filled.

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757

Originally posted by I_Return

The list of end-game content released this year on this expansion pack is up there. I am talking exclusively end-game which is what we are discussing in this thread.

Fact: Since last payed expansion, which, again, is most probably the smallest payed expansion in the history of MMOs (prove me wrong if you can), Turbine has added nothing new to end-game.

imageimageimageimageimageimage

New Zone after the paid expansion. Level 62 +

The endgame in LotrO is not like any other mmorpg. This game ends when Frodo throughs in the ring, if you aren't interestest in playing out that story, this game is not for you.

As far as Mirkwood being small, I got directional lost  in one of the zones inside Mirkwood. :) Even my map  and mini map couldn't help me, it was rather fun .

Level 62 is not level cap, ergo, is not end-game.

The endgame, in any game, be it Lotro, WoW, EQ or Hello Kitty Online, is what you do at level cap to keep progressing. Period. Not what may or may not come in a few years if Frodo reaches Mordor or not.

why because I ask you to back up your opinion with a facts and links instead of making broad generaliztions which are not true ?

The list of released new end-game content after SoM's release is up there and is fact. Let me give you that list again:

-nothing

-end of list

and you you cannot name any other company that has added more in the last two years

SoM is not even a year old. Whatever was released in MoM is history, and lvl 60 instances are not eng-game in a game where level cap is 65. Got it finally? End-game now. This is what we are talking here.

Fact: Since last payed expansion, which, again, is most probably the smallest payed expansion in the history of MMOs (prove me wrong if you can), Turbine has added nothing new to end-game. Whatever happened in the SoA days doesn't matter. Whatever happened in the MoM days I don't give a dime. Whatever the game was over a year ago it's irrelevant. I am talking about end-game now, which is what matters in this thread.

LOL now is  gem of a paragraph  :)  the word fact followed by the words "is most  probably". You might want to take the time to look up the word fact :) And as others pointed out in the last year you also had Lothlorien and the Enedwaith areas added. Also I guess you never experienced EQII's adventure pack escapade. 5 bucks for a few  (10 or 15  maybe ?) added quests was the norm when EQII first released. The first one was about 2 months into the game as I recall.

LOL at your reading skills. The fact is "Turbine has added nothing new to end-game", not the "is most probably the smallest payed expansion" bit. But well, your inability to read and understand what's written is already obvious given your answers in this thread.

Over and over and over again, omg. I don't know how to explain this already:

Amount of new end-game content released since SoM came out: NOTHING

Whatever happened last year when level cap was 5 levels lower does not matter in this discussion.

My past posts about the game are in the game's official forums, which is the place to post when you are playing the game and there is no way I am giving you my game/forum nick to let you come and troll it, lol, I am not that naive. Actually, I am 100% sure I have actually experienced the game's last aditions more than you, since there is not a single boss in game I have not killed and you have already admited that you are not into raiding.

And you are twisting my words again. What I am saying is that I don't like Lotro's end-game becouse it is weak and poor. Check my posts again and you will see how I have admited that Lotro is actually a good game while leveling up and such. And I have expressed no opinion about VG or CO. I have only stated facts. As I said, I left VG for a reason, and I have cancelled CO's subscription for a reason too.

I have never twisted your words once. You made a claim that in a previous post  in this thread you had discussed a game with better end game content and explained in that post why you thought it had a better end game. The only game you had mentioned in this thread up to that point was  VGSoH and your only statement about it was it had a 34 man boss raid. At that point in the thread  you had not even mentioned CO. I am not sure where you are coming up with the twisting your words BS.

So once again you make a post and cannot name any game that has addded more content and play style options than Turbine has done with LoTRO in the last two years yet you persist in shouting your opinion that LoTRO sucks and they never add any content. Why am I not surprised? A few real facts from you would be a refereshing change.

Please please please with cherries on top. Can I have your list of new end-game content added since SoM came out? You have mine already. That is not an opinion, it's a fact.

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

Originally posted by Rockgod99

All of them use a dated mechanic, EvE & Ryzom just make it optional because there are several mechanics one could dive into besides missions (its not the main mechanic like in lotro).

I actually like lotro i just wished the game had more to do than follow hubs around and keep my quest log filled.

I agree with you. Following one quest hub to another, with about 30 quests in each that keep sending you back and forth to the same camp (kill 15 half-orcs -> loot 6 relics from them -> kill their leader) - all which could be done in a single quest, gets boring pretty fast.. The world is beatifully designed in Lotro, while the content is lacking in every direction, and the skirmishes are just plain awful. The dev team is like a mix of great visual artists and dumb content designers.

REALITY CHECK

Quest hubs in LoTRO are the same game mechanic as mission hubs in Eve, neither are mandatory they simply provide a alternate path for advancement. 10 kills in LoTRO is roughly equivelent to a same level mission. You can always just grind mobs. In fact that is the fastest way to make gold. The other day I did the wolf deed in trollshaws and between selling the vendor trash putting the unprocessed hides on the  AH I made 1.5 gold in 2 hours of killing wolves. Pretty much the same with other mobs scaled to level.

If LoTRO did not have quests the trolls would say it has no content, if it has quests then the trrolls scream it has too much conten. I have to admit this is a first though seeing the same people argue both troll attacks on the same thread.

But then I suppose I am the only one that will see the irony of a post complaing about LoTRO having too many quests in a thread complaing that LoTRO has no end game content. And for the trolls who will say oohhhh but we waz talkin bout endz gamez contentz added in the last sixer weeksies, I have only 1 word  Enedwaithe.

What? How am I supposed to level in Lotro without quest hubs? Have you ever tried grinding it out in lotro its damn near impossible.

Eve's mission system is completely avoidable. they even have a exploration probe mechanic that lets you scan and kill top of the line NPCs without visiting a single agent. That's freedom dude.

Im no troll, i was only pointing out the archaic questing system in lotro and due to that my inability to even stomach it to endgame.  if thats trolling you need to man up and grow a thicker skin, seriously.

Quest hubs in LoTRO are the same game mechanic as mission hubs in Eve, neither are mandatory they simply provide a alternate path for advancement. 10 kills in LoTRO is roughly equivelent to a same level mission. You can always just grind mobs. In fact that is the fastest way to make gold. The other day I did the wolf deed in trollshaws and between selling the vendor trash putting the unprocessed hides on the  AH I made 1.5 gold in 2 hours of killing wolves. Pretty much the same with other mobs scaled to level.

If LoTRO did not have quests the trolls would say it has no content, if it has quests then the trrolls scream it has too much conten. I have to admit this is a first though seeing the same people argue both troll attacks on the same thread.

But then I suppose I am the only one that will see the irony of a post complaing about LoTRO having too many quests in a thread complaing that LoTRO has no end game content. And for the trolls who will say oohhhh but we waz talkin bout endz gamez contentz added in the last sixer weeksies, I have only 1 word  Enedwaithe.

What? How am I supposed to level in Lotro without quest hubs? Have you ever tried grinding it out in lotro its damn near impossible.

yes I have and no it is not, example - I hate Angmar, did the books up to the point where I had to just to enable cross the line. The rest iof that level was doing Angmarians for the deed and coin $$$$$$ and some skirmishes. Skipped a lot of Moria on two toons the same way. ActuallyI find it is much quicker leveling doing daily skirmishes and more coin grinding mobs for deeds than you can make running the quests but I still do the quesatin the areaas I like because they are more fun than mobs for deeds or instanced solo skirishes.

Eve's mission system is completely avoidable. they even have a exploration probe mechanic that lets you scan and kill top of the line NPCs without visiting a single agent. That's freedom dude.

yeah sure, I can only imagine a newbie going and and playing EvE w/o using the quest hubs to dorect him through the beginner and midgame. I have played EvE, never for very long becasue jumping from system to system is like watching paint dry but long enough to get up to cruiser level

Im no troll, i was only pointing out the archaic questing system in lotro and due to that my inability to even stomach it to endgame.  if thats trolling you need to man up and grow a thicker skin, seriously.

so you could not stomache it, that's your perogative.  I could not stomach the endless jump screens in Eve and that idiotic time sink of a leveling system but I don't go over to their forums and post how boring I found it.

I impressed, we have now had wow fans , SOE fans and now Eve fans specificly come to these forums to post how much they dislike LoTRO. F2P has generatred more hate and jealousy for this game than I ever thought it would....  why do you guys feel so threatened?

I miss DAoC

• PhilbyPhilby Member Posts: 849

If you dont like the leveling in lotro then the game isnt for you.  Leveling, 1-50 at least,  is not only the best part of the game its the only part. Endgame is nonexistant.

WOW isnt great because it has 12 million players. WOW has 12 million players because its great.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Originally posted by Philby

If you dont like the leveling in lotro then the game isnt for you.  Leveling, 1-50 at least,  is not only the best part of the game its the only part. Endgame is nonexistant.

unlike a handful of raid dungeions that WoW has had since their last expanson.  Now that is some real end game, do  raids night in and night out or don't bother logging in, hehehehhehehhe. Careful with those poms poms  you'll put yer eye out LOLimage

it must be a real treat to  pay 15 a month for a game and then have them charge you another 25 dollars so you can have the flavor of the week new mount

Ive never looked at the cash shop. It isnt needed in the games I play.

WOW isnt great because it has 12 million players. WOW has 12 million players because its great.

never say never...

I do not play games that are dependant on a cash shop be it P2P or F2P. That is why I quit lotro. So yeah, I never even look at the cash shop. That was true with EQ2 as well.

yes I have and no it is not, example - I hate Angmar, did the books up to the point where I had to just to enable cross the line. The rest iof that level was doing Angmarians for the deed and coin $$$$$$ and some skirmishes. Skipped a lot of Moria on two toons the same way. ActuallyI find it is much quicker leveling doing daily skirmishes and more coin grinding mobs for deeds than you can make running the quests but I still do the quesatin the areaas I like because they are more fun than mobs for deeds or instanced solo skirishes.

yeah sure, I can only imagine a newbie going and and playing EvE w/o using the quest hubs to dorect him through the beginner and midgame. I have played EvE, never for very long becasue jumping from system to system is like watching paint dry but long enough to get up to cruiser level

so you could not stomache it, that's your perogative.  I could not stomach the endless jump screens in Eve and that idiotic time sink of a leveling system but I don't go over to their forums and post how boring I found it.

I impressed, we have now had wow fans , SOE fans and now Eve fans specificly come to these forums to post how much they dislike LoTRO. F2P has generatred more hate and jealousy for this game than I ever thought it would....  why do you guys feel so threatened?

Are you stupid? When did I say i dislike lotro? i play the damn game dude! I log in do about 5 quests and log off. You need to learn to read and stop calling anyone that has a negative opinion on a game a troll.

And to the other guy that said lotro isn't for me because i dislike its quest system please don't tell me what i should or shouldnt play.  I like lotro just fine its just running quest after quest gets boring, doesnt mean i dont mind logging in for 30 minutes at a clip.

Oh and bro you clearly know jack shit about EVE, if a real eve player that actually gave a shit read your responses to me they would make you feel stupid.

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

never say never...

I do not play games that are dependant on a cash shop be it P2P or F2P. That is why I quit lotro. So yeah, I never even look at the cash shop. That was true with EQ2 as well.

so you aren't p[laying any mmorpg's then. Cause every mmo as a cash shop either with merchandising of real world items or in game items. :)

Oh good, another one. Do I need to explain the difference between a game that is cash shop dependant and one that isnt?  Maybe the big T can come up with a number 2 fanboy title for you.

LotRO isn't cash shop dependent if you have a sub or a lifetime account.

Blah blah blah

Are you stupid? When did I say i dislike lotro? i play the damn game dude! I log in do about 5 quests and log off. You need to learn to read and stop calling anyone that has a negative opinion on a game a troll.

Thanks. Exactly the same three things I have been trying to explain him.

1) Don't twist other player's words

2) Read

3) Learn what a troll actually is before using the expression again.

• FaelanFaelan Member UncommonPosts: 819

Impossible is relative in this case isn't it? It may seem impossible to you, but I've had no trouble running around in LOTRO just killing stuff and gaining levels that way. In fact, I find myself doing that more often in LOTRO than other MMOs because I just like the scenery and non-spammy feel of the combat system. I find it relaxing, believe it or not and since LOTRO isn't about racing to max. level for the end game, I don't freak if I haven't gained a level after a long night of playing.

Impossible to me was solo leveling my ranger in EQ back in the day. Then I switched to DAOC and soloed all the way to max without using a buffbot. That was pre-TOA. You had very few quests at your disposal. It was a grind, but it wasn't impossible. It just took a long time.

I'm a big ol' fluffy carewolf. Be afraid. Be very afraid.