Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

End-Game

Comments

• GrumpyMel2GrumpyMel2 Member Posts: 1,832

Originally posted by junzo316

Originally posted by gordiflu

Originally posted by junzo316

That's your opinion.  I'm not a fan of raiding so I don't consider that endgame content, "for me."

I think we'll more or less agree on end-game beeing what the game has to offer once you are at level cap to push your char even further and keep progressing.

The most common ways are raiding, crafting and pvp.

Now, if we check that in Lotro... well you said it, Lotro's raiding is weak. So, let's check crafting... Get the ingredients, press a button, item made. If you are lucky it's a crit and has slightly better stats. No customization, no challenge, no need to find any special rare drop (mithril flakes and unique recipes drop left and right) hardly any need to use your brain. And PVP, well... You can do Ettens, and... erm.. uuhhh... and nothing else, bar the eventual friendly spar.

So, what end-game is Lotro offering you?

Again, That's your interpretation of what endgame is.  I just recently got to the endgame part (took me 2 years, but oh well) and I started working on my reputations, my crafting guild recipes, my deeds (with my kin) and just having a blast doing it.  I also get to do more stuff with my kin...helping out the lower level players with quests and such and helping out our newest players find their way.  I went out the other day and just explored all of Bree (something I hadn't done) I missed some spectacular views and plan on doing this with all the zones.  

You may find these tasks boring, mundane and/or grinding.  I happen to be enjoying them...it's MY endgame.  We all have our choices in the way we like to play our games.  That's why I find this thread a bit too opinionated.  There's no wrong answer.  It's however you like to play.

To the OP:  Try it.  If you make it to endgame (however you see fit to play that), you apparently liked most of the game.  If you do, come back and let us know what you think.

Well I don't disagree with the spirit of what you wrote.... thing is most hobbies develop very specific "jargon" so people who are discussing that hobby have a common frame of reference to use while talking and don't have to go into detail to establish that they are talking about the same thing during each exchange.

So when a guy comes on an MMO discussion site and says "Hey hows the end game here?" ......it's generaly safe to assume he's asking about some very specific aspects of the game (basicaly raiding, pvp, crafting, maybe empire building)...... just like when a guy going onto a baseball site and asking about a players "power"..... isn't talking about whether the guy looses electricity in his home alot.

For me....most of what I enjoy about MMO's is RP-ing.....and I do alot of that with my characters when max leveled..... but if a guy on an MMO discussion site asked me..."How's LTRO's end game".... I wouldn't turn around and start telling him about how good the RP community is.... 99.99 percent of the time...that's not what he's asking.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

I think it is pretty obvious by now that the game has attracted more than a few trolls ( or 1 with multiple logins)  who have a agenda who and lie, mistrepresent and exaggerate however or she sees fit in order to try and keep anyone from even trying LoTRO. Kind of sad if they are simply fans of another game and even sadder if they are being paid to troll.

In a way it is one hell of a compliment someone must  is that scared of LoTRO and sees the game as that much of a threat. I wonder if anyone has told them that only the most ignorant and new rely on forums to form a opinion of a game these days and most people are far more trusting of a guildmate or real life fr4einds opinion than anonymous posters. That of course goes for the good and the bad. It is really sad that a few years ago one could come to forums for info about a game, now you have to wade through the troll and shill posts and even then it is hard to tell which is which. Not blaming MMORPG.com because I am sure they do the best they can.

The most amusing thing is withteh F2P readers can just do a free download and decide for themselves what is true and what is not. The trolls and shills must feel a lot like the fellow with his finger in the dike, knoweing the ocean is on the otehr side and in the end his mission will fail.

Had a guy ask me this morning if LoTRO had a version of Thottbot. I wonder what are the odds he is a ex WoW player :) ?

I miss DAoC

Originally posted by Timukas Lotro doesn't have much end game other than an instance or two. Traits, deeds, different sets of clothes and flute playing aren't end game :) Now I said it again and probably I'm cursed now for 3 generations :)

so what game offers more? Lets be be specific, not just another WoW advertisement

you have two normal end game dungeons in Mirkwood and the classic instance offer instanced dungeons for all levels. What game offers more grouping choices for end game than LoTRO. What game offers more in lateral advancement? Like I sadi be specifc not  just make another WoW rules and LoTRO drools post like most of the posts on this thread

I miss DAoC

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Originally posted by Timukas

Originally posted by Jackdog

Originally posted by Timukas Lotro doesn't have much end game other than an instance or two. Traits, deeds, different sets of clothes and flute playing aren't end game :) Now I said it again and probably I'm cursed now for 3 generations :)

so what game offers more? Lets be be specific, not just another WoW advertisement

you have two normal end game dungeons in Mirkwood and the classic instance offer instanced dungeons for all levels. What game offers more grouping choices for end game than LoTRO. What game offers more in lateral advancement? Like I sadi be specifc not  just make another WoW rules and LoTRO drools post like most of the posts on this thread

Well I have only played WoW up to level 40 or 50 just to see what they are all talking about. Didn't like it. Games I've played had more end game content (raids and not 12 but 24 or more people): Everquest, Everquest 2, Vanguard (actually didn't get far enough in that game), and I think that AoC too. Lotro has some raid content and enough other stuff but when I played at max level I had not much to do. I didn't care about RP and raids were not so impressive too reward wise as you do not get unique items but some titles or tokens to trade.

I've played MMOs since the end of 90's but I'm far from hard core for 5 years or so. My play style is casual as I cannot force myself to raid 4-5 nights per weeks anymore. But I still like to have some fun at max level, raid and master my class if I like it. Lotro didn't give that for me (personally, even being casual). 

Fair enough, like you I do not care for raid content. I have never played in any group in LoTRO larger than the 6 man dungeons, my preferance is for the three man instances. Also like  you I am not a huge RP'er. My idea of RP goers no farther than finding the niftiest costumes. Our kinship slplit a year or so back becasue of the RP/casual playerdifferences and I went withthe casual.

I am still not sure what you are looking for in end game? You don't want RP and you don't want raids. That leaves two things  that I can think of, endless level cap increases or horizontal leveling. Lotro provides the latter with Legendary weapon leveling, trait tweaking/ deeds and new Epic quest content and areas. I can think of at least & new areas  ( Evendim, Forochel, Moria, Mirkwood, Ergion, Enedwaithe, and Lauthlorien) that have been added since launch. God ( and the devs) only knows how many epic quest books have been added in the last 40 some months since launch,  10 or 15 at least and most likly more than that.

may I ask exactly which game gave you what you were looking in end game for and what it was ?

I miss DAoC

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757

You have already been aswered many times, yet you keep asking the same.

As I told you already, and you just need to roll back and read, I already gave you one example of a game with more content in one single dungeon than all Lotro's dungeons put together.

Edit: typo

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Fair enough, like you I do not care for raid content. I have never played in any group in LoTRO larger than the 6 man dungeons, my preferance is for the three man instances. Also like  you I am not a huge RP'er. My idea of RP goers no farther than finding the niftiest costumes. Our kinship slplit a year or so back becasue of the RP/casual playerdifferences and I went withthe casual.

I am still not sure what you are looking for in end game? You don't want RP and you don't want raids. That leaves two things  that I can think of, endless level cap increases or horizontal leveling. Lotro provides the latter with Legendary weapon leveling, trait tweaking/ deeds and new Epic quest content and areas. I can think of at least & new areas  ( Evendim, Forochel, Moria, Mirkwood, Ergion, Enedwaithe, and Lauthlorien) that have been added since launch. God ( and the devs) only knows how many epic quest books have been added in the last 40 some months since launch,  10 or 15 at least and most likly more than that.

may I ask exactly which game gave you what you were looking in end game for and what it was ?

I wonder if people who don't like "raids" don't like it because they don't want to play at such a high level "all the time'.

I really like raids. But as something to do for a clan/guild. Something to try and something that should be ok to fail at. However, hardcore raiders want to play at a higher level and that can be intimidating for some.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

As I told you already, and you just need to roll back and read, I already gave you one example of a game with more content in one single dungeon than all Lotro's dungeons put together.

So you really think your example of Vanguard with 34 bosses in a singler dungeon having more bosses in a single dungeon means it has more end game than Lotro than all of LoTRO ?

I miss DAoC

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

Originally posted by Philby

Endgame is always a problem for devs to keep up with. Though some try while Turbine simply lets the game stagnate to a point that it has to go F2P to keep from shutting down the servers.  EQ2 has numerous xpacs that add to endgame, WOW while not fast my any means does add content on a regular basis.  So your remedy is just keep rollig alts until turbine decideds to give the capped players something?  Isnt that something even a 14 year old would find boring after awhile?

and once again you just keep repeating LoTRO suxxors , with no examples of which game you thing does a good job.. you are beggin ing to bore me

Do you even read or just continue to spit out turbine propaganda? I posted that EQ2 and WOW both do a better job than turbine but considering what turbine gives its players that isnt much of a chore.

No you just listed 2 games that have had paid for exapnsions and been out twice as long, I would say year for year Turbine has beat both those games and a large part was free. Turbine added at least 4 large land areas at no charge at all since release.

I agree with you but you will never beat the mindset that says WoW is the best game because a lot of people play it.  In my opinion a lot of people play Wow because it is easy.  Harder games turn off a lot of people because they have to actually think and after work or school they just want to have a drink or a smoke and relax playing an easy game. For them Wow will always be best.  I say good, it keeps them out of the harder games that I like. I laugh when I read people hating on EVE, for example, EVE is an acquired taste,  a kind of love it or hate it game. LOTRO is the same though for different reasons.  Myself I am quite happy more people play WoW than any other game, I have played WoW and I do not enjoy playing with  the average WoW player.  In fact, in LOTRO, when someone mentions WoW they quite often get laughed at and get told to go back to it.  Usually that is when, in game, they start talking about how WoW is so much better than LOTRO - which gets them a "Why are you here"?

So to all the WoW fanbois - you are right WoW is the best game ever all time, go play it.

Currently bored with MMO's.

So you really think your example of Vanguard with 34 bosses in a singler dungeon having more bosses in a single dungeon means it has more end game than Lotro than all of LoTRO ?

1) Don't twist my words. I said what I said, not what you said I said.

2) Absolutely, Vanguard has way way way more end-game content than Lotro. Only the crafting and diplomacy content alone beats Lotro already, not to mention the adventuring end-game content, which makes Lotro look like Liliput.

Originally posted by ElderRat

Endgame is always a problem for devs to keep up with. Though some try while Turbine simply lets the game stagnate to a point that it has to go F2P to keep from shutting down the servers.  EQ2 has numerous xpacs that add to endgame, WOW while not fast my any means does add content on a regular basis.  So your remedy is just keep rollig alts until turbine decideds to give the capped players something?  Isnt that something even a 14 year old would find boring after awhile?

and once again you just keep repeating LoTRO suxxors , with no examples of which game you thing does a good job.. you are beggin ing to bore me

Do you even read or just continue to spit out turbine propaganda? I posted that EQ2 and WOW both do a better job than turbine but considering what turbine gives its players that isnt much of a chore.

No you just listed 2 games that have had paid for exapnsions and been out twice as long, I would say year for year Turbine has beat both those games and a large part was free. Turbine added at least 4 large land areas at no charge at all since release.

I agree with you but you will never beat the mindset that says WoW is the best game because a lot of people play it.  In my opinion a lot of people play Wow because it is easy.  Harder games turn off a lot of people because they have to actually think and after work or school they just want to have a drink or a smoke and relax playing an easy game. For them Wow will always be best.  I say good, it keeps them out of the harder games that I like. I laugh when I read people hating on EVE, for example, EVE is an acquired taste,  a kind of love it or hate it game. LOTRO is the same though for different reasons.  Myself I am quite happy more people play WoW than any other game, I have played WoW and I do not enjoy playing with  the average WoW player.  In fact, in LOTRO, when someone mentions WoW they quite often get laughed at and get told to go back to it.  Usually that is when, in game, they start talking about how WoW is so much better than LOTRO - which gets them a "Why are you here"?

So to all the WoW fanbois - you are right WoW is the best game ever all time, go play it.

Well, hating WoW is trendy in certain communities. Lotro's is one of them. You know, you hate WoW so you are so cool and know so much about MMOs.

• UW1975UW1975 Member Posts: 183

Well, hating WoW is trendy in certain communities. Lotro's is one of them. You know, you hate WoW so you are so cool and know so much about MMOs.

Well, in honesty though, these are the LOTRO forums, not the WoW ones. If WoW is so hated, it is also because WoW players come to the different forums and start thrashing the game while snottily lauding WoW on the grounds that WoW has millions of people who play it.

I say: who cares that millions play WoW. If they like it, good for them. But then do not come to other games' forums forcing the comparison, especially because people playing LOTRO are looking, as myself, for different ways to enjoy playing MMOs

Oh well, check the thead. You ll realize the ones defending Lotro's end-game were the ones actually asking for examples of other games doing it better.

And such examples were just provided.

Don't get me wrong, I personally don't like WoW. Heh, I even was working for Blizzard for a while and my boss was always telling me off becouse I was playing Lotro and not WoW by then.

However, I wonder how many WoW haters have actually played WoW.

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

Originally posted by UW1975

Well, in honesty though, these are the LOTRO forums, not the WoW ones. If WoW is so hated, it is also because WoW players come to the different forums and start thrashing the game while snottily lauding WoW on the grounds that WoW has millions of people who play it.

I say: who cares that millions play WoW. If they like it, good for them. But then do not come to other games' forums forcing the comparison, especially because people playing LOTRO are looking, as myself, for different ways to enjoy playing MMOs

agreed.  Also if you like Wow so much why are you playing a game other than Wow?

Currently bored with MMO's.

• UW1975UW1975 Member Posts: 183

Oh well, check the thead. You ll realize the ones defending Lotro's end-game were the ones actually asking for examples of other games doing it better.

And such examples were just provided.

Don't get me wrong, I personally don't like WoW. Heh, I even was working for Blizzard for a while and my boss was always telling me off becouse I was playing Lotro and not WoW by then.

However, I wonder how many WoW haters have actually played WoW.

Yes, I agree with that. I have played WoW, but only to a certain extent, as it did not appeal to me for a variety of reasons. But I have nothing against WoW and its players, unless they come around swinging the number of WoW subs like a club to beat every other game.

From what I saw, WoW and LOTRO caters to different kind of players, even though that doesn't mean that some could play both.

1) Don't twist my words. I said what I said, not what you said I said.

2) Absolutely, Vanguard has way way way more end-game content than Lotro. Only the crafting and diplomacy content alone beats Lotro already, not to mention the adventuring end-game content, which makes Lotro look like Liliput.

Lets see I asked you to name a example of a game that had a better end game and to be specific as to why

You said you had already gave a example and a specific reason and to check your previous posts

I read every single one of your posts in this thread and the only game you had mentioned other than LoTRO was Vanguard and in that  post bragged that it had  a 34 boss dungeon. That was the only specific you mentioned

Can you point out where I did any twisting?

As far as VG making LoTRO look like Liliput, maybe you can expalin to me all of the upgrades and expansions SOE has dumped into Vanguard in the last two years? How many new raids have they added? How many new features? In other words if a player who had not played since October of 2008 logged in what changes would he see? You do realize that VGSoH launched a month or so before LoTRO right ? Lets compare how much SOE has added to that game compared to the changes additions and upgrades Turbine has to LoTRO, apples to  apples

I miss DAoC

Anyone who uses the word hate when referrring to a game needs to do some serious thinking about the word hate and what it means

I hate child molestors.

I hate people who abuse helpless animals.

I hate people who kill other people in the name of their god.

I dislike WoW because the graphics do not appeal to me, that is a subjective opinion. I could never "connect" with  the community

I miss DAoC

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Lol! Is this thread still going on strong??

As for endgame content and which MMO has the most, aren't WoW, EQ and EQ2 known for having the most of it of all MMO's?

I'm sure LotrO will have endgame content as well, but I doubt it will have as much as those other MMO's. Then again, I haven't read up on this whole thread, so I could be wrong.

But on topic, really this was the OP:

Originally posted by Rakatee

So I just came back to LOTRO for F2P but the game seems limited without spending any money. I am thinking about subscribing but I am worried about the end-game content. Is there much to do at 65? I have heard the raids aren't that fun and are their a lot of people doing MPvP?

Come on now, haven't these questions been answered many times now in a thread of so many pages?? Just saying; the thread seems to have turned into pingpong debating between a handful of people image

(only glimpsed the last few pages)

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

Originally posted by cyphers

Lol! Is this thread still going on strong??

yeah trolls post LoTRO endgame suxors and I say , give a expample and they post well Vangua6rd has a dungeone once or EQII has a paid expqansion ecvey x months but cannot list much except a raid dungeone or two

As for endgame content and which MMO has the most, aren't WoW, EQ and EQ2 known for having the most of it of all MMO's?

I'm sure LotrO will have endgame content as well, but I doubt it will have as much as those other MMO's. Then again, I haven't read up on this whole thread, so I could be wrong.

you say you have a lot of MMO experiance Cyphers why don't you give it a shot?  Tell me which MMO you think added the most game content using expansions and patches in the last two years and list a few examples of what that MMO did?

I miss DAoC

As far as VG making LoTRO look like Liliput, maybe you can expalin to me all of the upgrades and expansions SOE has dumped into Vanguard in the last two years? How many new raids have they added? How many new features? In other words if a player who had not played since October of 2008 logged in what changes would he see? You do realize that VGSoH launched a month or so before LoTRO right ? Lets compare how much SOE has added to that game compared to the changes additions and upgrades Turbine has to LoTRO, apples to  apples

This year? Virtually any MMO has put out more content. Mirkwood is the smallest payed expansion I have seen in any online game ever (and I started playing in text mode on a green monochrome screen when web browsers did not exist). Nobody, in any forum, has been able to show me a smaller payed expansion, never ever. You haven't been able either.

Next free update, many months later, was a book that most completed in less than 2 hours.

After that: free to play and another tiny update.

What people are trying to say is that SoA and MoM are one thing. And SoM is another totally different one. It's a ridiculously tiny expansion that has had a microscopic amount of content added as free updates.  MoM was way smaller than SoA, and still they managed to put out SoM even smaller. Nothing indicates that this trend is going to change and that next expansion is going to be massive. The size and frequency of updates has only been going down for years already. SoA was brilliant. MoM was bearable. SoM was pathetic and saw a horde of veteran players leaving. Guilds were spamming for recruits like never before, and many had to reduce the amout of guild events, or forge alliances, becouse they were lacking numbers. I am not making this up, I know first hand, since I was raid leader in our kin in  the most populated Euro server and I used to talk frequently to other officers who all agreed on how hard getting kin events going was getting due to people leaving the game.

Coming back to the Vanguard example, I am well aware of how badly SOE has been neglecting the game. I left it for a reason. Despite that, Vanguard still has a bigger world, more raid bosses, both overland and in dungeons, a crafting system that is light years ahead of lotro's, more dungeons, more races, more classes, more factions, a housing system that beats lotro's big time, boats, flying mounts, diplomacy... Well, Lotro still needs many updates and expansions before getting there. Vanguard three years ago was bigger than Lotro is now with all its expansions.

Again: We are talking end-game here. Revamps of low level areas amount to nothing if we are talking end-game. And we are talking about the present updates now, not about what happened more than a year ago..

Sumarizing, you have been showed games like EQ, WoW or VG,  with more end-game content than Lotro, despite all its rescaling of instances that, in some cases, are more than 2 years old. And the amount of new content released this year is just a joke. Get to that fancy list of yours, but this time list only the new instances belonging to this last expansion and its free updates. Oh, suddenly your list is quite tiny, isn't it.

Know what? I ll make it easier for you, here comes the list:

Level cap instances released with SoM:

-SH (3 man, the instance is one room and that's it)

-WP (3 man, well doable in less than an hour)

-Dungeons of DG (3 man, a good try to do something different, but since hardly anybody runs it, I guess they failed)

-SG (6 man, easily doable in less than an hour, my record is 17 minutes)

-BG (12 man, only 3 bosses)

Level cap instances released as free updates after that:

-Empty list.

And that's all. If you wanna get skirmishes into your list, wrong move. Champions Online already has lots more rescalable instances than Lotro has skirmishes, and this beeing a younger and quite smaller game.

Edit: And btw, I suggest you learn what a troll actually is before using that expression again. Your signature alone is more trollish than all my posts put together.

This year? Virtually any MMO has put out more content.

So you cannot name any game company that has added more content to thier game than Turbine has to LoTRO in the last 24 months yet still claim that Turbine never adds anything for the players, what a interesting world you live in.

Also just because you do not like the new content and additions to the game play does not mean that it was not new content. It just means you don't like it, others opions may vary.

so far about the only thing you have said is that you don't like LoTRO. You do like VGSoH and Champions. Just out of curiosity where are your posts that show  you have ever even played LoTRO to show you have even experienced any of the systems and areas you cliam are worthless?

I miss DAoC

This year? Virtually any MMO has put out more content.

So you cannot name any game company that has added more content to thier game than Turbine has to LoTRO in the last 24 months yet still claim that Turbine never adds anything for the players, what a interesting world you live in.

Also just because you do not like the new content and additions to the game play does not mean that it was not new content. It just means you don't like it, others opions may vary.

so far about the only thing you have said is that you don't like LoTRO. You do like VGSoH and Champions. Just out of curiosity where are your posts that show  you have ever even played LoTRO to show you have even experienced any of the systems and areas you cliam are worthless?

Man, you are so stubborn it's unbelievable.

The list of end-game content released this year on this expansion pack is up there. I am talking exclusively end-game which is what we are discussing in this thread.

Fact: Since last payed expansion, which, again, is most probably the smallest payed expansion in the history of MMOs (prove me wrong if you can), Turbine has added nothing new to end-game. Whatever happened in the SoA days doesn't matter. Whatever happened in the MoM days I don't give a dime. Whatever the game was over a year ago it's irrelevant. I am talking about end-game now, which is what matters in this thread.

My past posts about the game are in the game's official forums, which is the place to post when you are playing the game and there is no way I am giving you my game/forum nick to let you come and troll it, lol, I am not that naive. Actually, I am 100% sure I have actually experienced the game's last aditions more than you, since there is not a single boss in game I have not killed and you have already admited that you are not into raiding.

And you are twisting my words again. What I am saying is that I don't like Lotro's end-game becouse it is weak and poor. Check my posts again and you will see how I have admited that Lotro is actually a good game while leveling up and such. And I have expressed no opinion about VG or CO. I have only stated facts. As I said, I left VG for a reason, and I have cancelled CO's subscription for a reason too.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

Have to say i agree.i do think the game is short of content..many people have said so on globalchat.but i will say whenever i do go on i,m either doin skirmishes or dungeon,because thats all there is..SOM was an extremely small expansion given wot they charged people for it.should have been added as free content update.because of this i,m playin conan as well until f2p becomes active and all dungeons ahave been lvl scaled.also being from europe codemasters werre not very honest with the population offering lifetime sub for short period of time then announcing f2p..not wise..it pissed a lot of people off because they thought they were being conned, although they were'nt.

All in all i will continue to play lotro mainly because its extremely fun to do so, or until turbine or codemasters decide to get really gready , a bit like sony if u know wot i mean.

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

Originally posted by kevjards

SOM was an extremely small expansion given wot they charged people for it

SOM cost $20 or was free if you got a multi month sub. You consider that expensive for an update the size of 2-3 free updates?

You now Blizzard and SOE sell mounts for $25.... Puts things in perspective.

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd