Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volume 2: Rise of Gorluxor - Live on October 5th

PiasekPiasek Member Posts: 318

Introducing....Volume 2: The Rise of Gorluxor

The wait is nearly over and you can expect Volume 2: The Rise of Gorluxor to go live on Tuesday October 5th. All the recent updates we have worked on, such as daily quests for free double experience and incense effects are still there, but we now have some great new features which we plan to share in this news too. The full patch notes will be available soon and once they are posted you will find them here in this nice little placeholder we have set aside.

If you are still not 100% up on the Allods Online lore, let us fill you in on some of the fine >> details...<<

With Volume 2: The Rise off Gorluxor, not only will you have the opportunity to meet Gorluxor, but you and the rest of the raid will challenge him (and his clones) to a battle epic proportions! Will you climb Gorluxor's Tower and enter Gorluxor's private chambers? Only those brave enough to do so will uncover some of the greatest World Mysteries of all...

Of course with every update we bring in new features for all players to enjoy in the Allods Online MMORPG universe:

*The evolution of Astral allods: many allods have been changed, improved, or completely revamped. Check out all new Bosses and mini-boss fights!

*Astral ship improvements: all new devices and major improvements on old devices. Astral Demons will rue the day they came across your ship.

*Enjoy all new community enhancements! Find a group, or leave messages for your fellow players and guild mates using the brand new Bulletin Board interface. Be sure to efficiently taunt in that epic PvP battle with our new emote hotkeys, complete with some brand new, archetype-specific animations!

*Classes and archetypes polishing/fine tuning, make sure to check the spells changes!

*Complete evolution of the Arena of Death! You now have the ability to win bonus Battle Glory for your entire team, as well as the opportunity to win Rare, Epic, and Legendary items! Visit Yazes Shard to find out more! This might not be available in next weeks update but it will be coming soon and is a strong feature of Volume 2: Rise of Gorluxor!

So there you have it, some of the best features to expect in the coming weeks! Be sure to keep an eye on our official website and forums for upcoming news and guides to get your through Volume 2: The Rise of Gorluxor!

Comments

• TheTrueKingTheTrueKing Member Posts: 427

This sounds great but I'm curious about a few things?

1. are any of the following things being fixed in the next "Patch"?:

1a. Being Feared through allods, walls, doors or astral ship which lead to death? **

2a. Glitches in instances or allods where mobs / bosses respawn causing death? **

3a. While in Astral upon jumping with astral ship entire crew dies every jump? **

4a. Friends list bug which was supposed to be fixed MONTHS ago and has never been addressed since?

5a. a bug where you use the jump pad from astral ship to allod and get stuck in the allods earth?

are the following things fixed as well?  Cursed only removed or protected against by items ONLY originating from the cash shop?  excluding events because REAL players do not rely on events to play normally.

is the incense quest going to include end game? or are end game users still being forced to use cash shop items?

in final is the game going to change its stand on COMPLETELY free to play since its clearly not and is falsely advertising by keeping the slogan since at end game you cannot play without using items such as Incense / charms / scrolls.

(I tried really hard to be non biosed with these questions)

** these being addressed since they force end game users to use Cash shop items (holy charms, scrolls) and are not refunded because the game is still in "BETA" even though the deaths were caused not by natural game mechanics but by bad programming.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

I hope they get rid of the new death mechanic, and don't replace it with something rediculous (like how they replaced Fear of Death with what they have now)

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

Originally posted by phigety

1a. Being Feared through allods, walls, doors or astral ship which lead to death? **

2a. Glitches in instances or allods where mobs / bosses respawn causing death? **

3a. While in Astral upon jumping with astral ship entire crew dies every jump? **

4a. Friends list bug which was supposed to be fixed MONTHS ago and has never been addressed since?

5a. a bug where you use the jump pad from astral ship to allod and get stuck in the allods earth?

are the following things fixed as well?  Cursed only removed or protected against by items ONLY originating from the cash shop?  excluding events because REAL players do not rely on events to play normally.

is the incense quest going to include end game? or are end game users still being forced to use cash shop items?

in final is the game going to change its stand on COMPLETELY free to play since its clearly not and is falsely advertising by keeping the slogan since at end game you cannot play without using items such as Incense / charms / scrolls.

** these being addressed since they force end game users to use Cash shop items (holy charms, scrolls) and are not refunded because the game is still in "BETA" even though the deaths were caused not by natural game mechanics but by bad programming.

i seriously second that, good sir.

sadly the only way to make them listen, is to ignore this game.

but fun at all, im looking forward for "popcorn and the daily laught" in the german Allod(d)s forum at oct.5 :D

• YarunaYaruna Member Posts: 342

Only those brave enough to sink too many dollars into the cash shop will see this new content. This game is so dead it hurts to remember what it once was and what it could have become.

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, and maybe SWTOR until that time...

its amazing that the Publisher Darren Allarde and another Gm  Sadie / don't recall her real name, she was head of like Public relations or something like that,  both " LEFT " Gala-net / Allods online.

if the top individuals / decision makers are RUNNING from the Game, allods, what does that tell you??

First these two people went on an interview about the Gipat patch and lied to all their customers and now they BOTH are running to the hills trying to get away.... WOW

SHIP IS SINKING or is already sunk they 1. wouldn't listen to customers and 2. got way to greedy.  False advertisement and shady business practices do not equal a profitable business.

You can't go on bold face lieing to your customers and expect to stand on your own in the gaming industry.

us gamers LOVE to play games but we sure as hell don't want to be ripped off or manipulated into filling your pockets with our hard earned cash.

Worst of all you tried to get us to PAY to play a BROKEN game....... I sure as hell hope to god the company's you two go to know who the hell they are hiring and know what the hell you did to the name of Gala-net and Allods online...

to see the lies and mitigations  go check out the interviews at Massively.com

1 voice interview from Feb. when they released the cash shop in "OPEN BETA" as a "TEST"  bull crap...

2. interview around July with Chomp / Darren Allarde and GM_Sadie  mitigating the KNEE DEEP crap they dropped all their gamers / customers into, and and DEFENDING IT with lies and deciet!!! just search Allods online and you'll find it...

I don't think the GM's that ran for the hills are bad people, probably quite the contrary. They probably had to lie, company policy, or were lied to themselves (mail.ru). They did lie however, and then their conscience got in the way. Whatever, this game is only good to play the first levels, virtually noone puts up with it long enough to make end game. The obvious mandatory cash shop is too much for what would otherwise be a nice and beautiful game, as far as the average f2p goes.

• withintemptwithintempt Member Posts: 75

1a-1c: I play on Empire side and I hear less from players about getting stuck in zone chat. I don't know if the bugs causing it were fixed but I see less of it. I also dont see many players complaining about other stuck bugs on their main forums so maybe that was fixed too

4a: Yeah, I've been playing and the friends list was fixed in that patch........thankfully! I can add my friends who I have been writing their names down on a piece of paper. Haha.

5a: I didn't know there was bugs to get stuck in Astral allods so not sure on this.

They also announced that they are adding incense, holy charms, and xp scrolls through in game quests so you don't need to buy them from the cash shop anymore. That stuff is actually being added this week and they made an announcement about it here.

http://allods.gpotato.com/news/2010/10/25/allods-is-now-more-free-to-play-than-ever/

It seems like a lot of people like the changes. Oh yeah, everyone is getting free incense and holy charms tomorrow, so I would log back on and get those free items they giving all of us.

But yeah, the patch you posted about seems to have fixed a lot of the bugs that was mentioned, so it's been better.

Well, the getting stuck part may have been lessened but it sure isn't fixed. I had an earth elemental hit me into the northern teleporter in dead sea just yesterday. The only way to get out was by using the adventurer's stone, luckily we still have that.

On the other issues I can't really comment. Never had the friend's list issue, nor the astral issue.

I can comment on the Completely free to play part. It's completely free to play, but incredibly pay to win.

Runes are a must for end game, unless you like being owned all the time. And the good ones are expensive and CS only (though they can also be sold by paying players through the AH). To get your runes, someone is going to have to fork over money. Only then can you enjoy end game, and not just play it. Unless you're a masochist of course.

• kanallakanalla Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by Yaruna

Well, the getting stuck part may have been lessened but it sure isn't fixed. I had an earth elemental hit me into the northern teleporter in dead sea just yesterday. The only way to get out was by using the adventurer's stone, luckily we still have that.

On the other issues I can't really comment. Never had the friend's list issue, nor the astral issue.

I can comment on the Completely free to play part. It's completely free to play, but incredibly pay to win.

Runes are a must for end game, unless you like being owned all the time. And the good ones are expensive and CS only (though they can also be sold by paying players through the AH). To get your runes, someone is going to have to fork over money. Only then can you enjoy end game, and not just play it. Unless you're a masochist of course.

Every single F2P game out there sells things that give you some advantage over other players. So if you have a problem with the very mild rune system in Allods, I suggest you quit playing F2P games altogether.

Originally posted by kanalla

Every single F2P game out there sells things that give you some advantage over other players. So if you have a problem with the very mild rune system in Allods, I suggest you quit playing F2P games altogether.

Very mild rune system? YMMV of course, but I don't think it's that mild at all. Being locked out of the game because you couldn't get somebody to pay for you, and you will get locked out without runes, plain and simple. It's camouflaged some, but it's there. A very mild system would be barely noticable. If you don't notice those runes and all the things you need to buy from CS to get and use and keep on using them, then you must be playing a different game.

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Worst thing is that Allods Online is one of the best F2P MMOs out there, but was ruined by poor managment and people in charge who apparently cannot or refuse to see the error of their ways, especially when item shop is concerned. Also, there was that one patch that basically pulled a 180 on the game regarding... well, everything.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Since my guild and our allied guild had left Allods Online we have tested out almost all of the top MMO games out on the market finding, SADLY, that Allods pre Gipat Patch was the best MMO game free or pay to play out on the market to date.

This being said No freaking wonder the customer base is soooo extremely pissed off at Gala-net / Gpotato / Astrum Nival for taking the best game on the market and killing it within 12 months and then defending their idiotic actions and lies.

yes after months of a mass exodus they finally added parts of the game back to once again be a completely free to play game but is it to late?

I think so, I wouldnt step back into the game as long as Gpotato / Gala-net is still publishing it.

Let these people lose the contract and let another more honest company publish it.

Since my guild and our allied guild had left Allods Online we have tested out almost all of the top MMO games out on the market finding, SADLY, that Allods pre Gipat Patch was the best MMO game free or pay to play out on the market to date.

This being said No freaking wonder the customer base is soooo extremely pissed off at Gala-net / Gpotato / Astrum Nival for taking the best game on the market and killing it within 12 months and then defending their idiotic actions and lies.

yes after months of a mass exodus they finally added parts of the game back to once again be a completely free to play game but is it to late?

I think so, I wouldnt step back into the game as long as Gpotato / Gala-net is still publishing it.

Let these people lose the contract and let another more honest company publish it.

It's not too late to come back. Ever since last week's patch with quests that give out cash shop items and the free cash shop items they mailed to all old characters, I've seen a lot of players come back in game and on the forums. I have even seen some really cool people come back with interest in all the positive changes, so it's a lot more lively now.

But yeah, since you played in the past, you should log in and check your mailbox because you probably got the whole bunch of insense and holy charms that they mailed to all existing characters as of last week.

While it's true that it's never too late to come back, I'm starting to remember why I left in the first place. They are getting good points for the gifts, but they're just gifts. After those are gone you have to do without.

I'm not enjoying the diminishing fatigue,  games trying to bore you to death with the grind and hoping you'll throw a load of money at 'fixing' that problem. Runes are still there ruling all, way past what equipment can do for you. They still have a way to go to make this game interesting again.

I'm really looking forward to the next patch coming next month. Theres no confirmation if it's increase level cap to 45 or not but from what Russia got, it looks like we're going to get a bunch of pvp content...guild astral pvp ownership, free for all pvp allod (this is cool because league can fight league and empire can fight empire), pvp guild instance, and arena of death is supposed to work finally!!