Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Playonline Viewer crashing, ATI driver issue?

Hi all, just wondering if POL is crashing for anyone else with the most current ATI drivers?  I am using Catalyst 10.9a (I downloaded the hotfix although POL still crashes on launch).

I'm running 2xHD4670 in Crossfire if that matters.  Quad-Core proce, 4 gigs of ram, win 7-64 bit.

Any help is appreciated...

Comments

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Yes there is a problem with new drivers. So far the only solution is to use older drivers but I believe Square will fix this soon. At least they should.

• EffedupEffedup Member Posts: 35
    Originally posted by TwilightEdge

Yes there is a problem with new drivers. So far the only solution is to use older drivers but I believe Square will fix this soon. At least they should.

Okay thanks. Hopefully there's a solution before Saturday (I got a lot of LS events to go to on saturday)
  • NeerDoWellNeerDoWell Member Posts: 184

Oh god, they aren't using that BS for this one also are they?  ARE THEY?!?!

“If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25 cars that got 1000 MPG” - Bill Gates

• EffedupEffedup Member Posts: 35
    Originally posted by NeerDoWell

Oh god, they aren't using that BS for this one also are they?  ARE THEY?!?!

Yeah, apparently it's a Direct3d issue or something (D3D). All I know is, POL crashes immediately, and aticfx.exe (or something similar I can't remember) seems to be crashing it.

I can't verify if it's a real issue or a made up one, but if S-E stays true to form, they should have this fixed just in time for a new ATI driver package to get released and render the whole damn thing moot...or about 3 months after everyone's migrated to FFXIV, whichever comes last.