Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DAoC 2 !

KricksanKricksan Member Posts: 13

For the love of god.. SOMEONE MAKE DAoC 2 ALLREADY!!!

Am sick and tired of all these games that they are producing or even the old ones which are still the same even after all the promises with changes and what not..

I can't stand it with instanced zones, instanced combat.. Live in caves 24/7 to fight some dragons that other people can kill aswell.. But in THEIR cave.

And after you have killed the same dragon a couple of times they will nerf it so the rest of the people can kill it aswell!

And when everyone and their aunts have killed that dragon, they will spawn a new dragon who drops some item with +2 more in stamin that EVERYONE will want to have instead.. Rince and repeat.. New dragons in the caves are born!!

When you pvp you get items.. But each month there's new items to be had which improves some attribute so EVERYONE must grind to get that shit.. And this you have to do again and again and again..

I just want to go out and collect the materials, craft my gear and live on my own skills, not on the stats of some chestpiece that makes noobs x2 better than normally are.

I want them to focus on the end game, making the gameplay more fun, want them to make me want to login and fight for something fun and not logon to be obsessed with some grinding since it is a MUST to have the latest armor piece, else you are screwed. Either in pvp or people don't want to invite you into THEIR caves.

The itemization in most major games is just silly, making people with not much time worthless, not wanted into groups and forcing them to be scrubs..

And making games like WoW into some eSport to fight over real money(Sure that is great in some way but still)..

And don't get me wrong that I think things are unfair since I can't get what I want(in gear etc), been a pretty much 24/7 gamer since EQ/DAoC and played most games to find some game which gives good pvp.

But I want other people to want to pvp, but these days everyone saying it's no fun to run around a pillar in some Arena, or some other instanced zone where the reward is gear which will be useless next week anyways.

And since they do not have the time to play 24/7, they are not able to gain the best of the best pvp gear there is, so they stand no chance in pvp against those that have no life.

Dark Age of Camelot you crafted your gear, spellcrafted it to tweak it to fix the resistances on it to be able to survive longer.

If you wanted unique epic gear you could go and kill some mighty dragon with 200 other people and have a blast, or do some other event to get something cool unique. But the game was not about the gear, it was about player skills fighting each other in the frontiers! To fight against each other to take over the relics and keeps(which unlocked Darkness Falls instance).

Best concept, best pvp, best of almost everything there ever been in mmorpg's since DAoC release.

But at the point DAoC was released, majority of the people at home weren't player computer games as people are doing today. Why it never became as big as WoW is today.

If there would be a DAoC today it would sell 10x platinum at once and people would play it for 10years without even wanting to try a new game.

God damnit.. I am SOOOO tired of all the games there is today..

Played Eve Online on and off since 2003, don't know how many times I gone back to it to get some pvp but each time got sick tired of the blobbing.

Played World of Warcraft on and off since US retail and each time I puked after I realized each time it's still the same crap. People telling you "HEY YOU! We don't want you in our party since you have that ring with gearscore 266 but this guy with 267 has better gear then you.. BYE" Or some shit like that..

Played Everquest 2 on and off since release and had it some pretty decent PvP(serverswhere I spent majority of my time on), but devs not listening at all and changes comming way to late so most fun people left the game and it's not as it used to be in the old days, also battlegrounds were inplemented.. Bye bye PvP and hello 24/7 dungeon exploration!

I tired going back to DAoC but graphics are just outdated so was not the same feeling as it used to be so I gave up :(

So now I am here complaining, waiting for the next real game where there is real pvp, no shitty itemization where you must spend most of your time alone in some cave killing rabbits and frogs to finally come to the giant dragon who will drop some random item that you can not wear anyways.

Please please please I am addicted to games I know :) I can't help it, but to meet people you most likely never would met otherwise, people from other countires, chatting with them while playing and solving problems as fighting other groups or perhaps doing some quest is fun.

When getting older it is not as fun anymore to go out and party when you have a girlfriend or so.

And people who say get a life.. I have a life, but I can't do the same things everyday all day long?!

My evenings I want to sit back and relax, chat to friends at other places, login and clear your mind from todays all problems at work or with girlfriend or friends.. Or car.. Or what ever and just enjoy some nice gaming..

But where how and what game? :(

Sorry for the long text, just had to ventilate myself and hopefully GOD is reading these boards and will create DAoC 2 or some other similar game!

ps.. If anyone is playing some game and looking for 1 more, please let me know, am looking for a new game to play with some cool peeps who are likeminded. But I have given up the 24/7 gaming for now since there ain't no game to spend that much time in anymore..

Thanks and sorry again!!

Comments

• ShanniaShannia Member Posts: 2,096

Only ONE big problem.  EA fired the guy who made DAOC founded Mythic.  As such, the heart and soul of DAOC is no longer with Mythic.

Fear not fanbois, we are not trolls, let's take off your tin foil hat and learn what VAPORWARE is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

"Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product."

• EmoqqboyEmoqqboy Member UncommonPosts: 194

Despite the long-winded rant, i agree with him. DAOC's been the best mmo i've played to date. You dont even need  DAOC2 imo, the same DAOC with today's up to date graphics engine will do.

<QQ moar plz. kkthxbai.>

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Meh, this thread has been done over and over and over to the point that i can't be bothered reading past the first paragraph.

/yawn.

• KricksanKricksan Member Posts: 13

Originally posted by Kabaal

Meh, this thread has been done over and over and over to the point that i can't be bothered reading past the first paragraph.

/yawn.

Sorry for that, but even if the chance is zero to nothing that something will be made due to this post, it's still a bigger chance that it will, then for me just writing this down for myself and only me be able to read my frustration/anger over the current games out there today, and the failure of most game companies destroying new games which has good ideas.

But thanks for taking the time to complain about the post!

• KricksanKricksan Member Posts: 13

Originally posted by Vinterkrig

get over it, most of you ex daoc players zerged anyways... why the hell would you want the best team (of 8) man vs similar (or better) numbers back.... so you can run around like nooblets some more?

you can get that kind of pvp anywhere, you don't need 3 factions for that ....just saying.

It's not just about zerging, it's the mechanics, the classes, abilities, the end game and itemization.

Even if there weren't any Ragnaroses or Lord Whocares waiting in the end of the cave that you just MUST kill else you are booted from the guild. People still logged on every day to play the game. People weren't forced to logon but they did cause they enjoyed the game.

If you do not login to the game today you either:

1. Get booted due to activity.

2. Will fail ingame since everyone will have items that are way better than yours.

Casual players do not care about items, but casual players just go from next game to next that seems to have a good story and community anyways, but in a game without these items playing such a huge part, they could do more good since the crafting would be much more needed etc..

Friends I know who has families or just not the time, I can't play with really due to there's a huge difference in our gear in the games I've played.

And there is no fun for me to fight same dragon over and over again due to my friends not having the right gearscore or X amount of epics to be able to handle the BEAST just to be able to play with my friends!!!

And I do not care about 3 factions, but what I care about is more classes then 4-5 which everyone and their moms ingame can play and there is only 1 I win specc that they all run around with. And everyone just looks the same.

But please do tell me in what game today I can find the same kind of pvp where it is not about items, but about skill, where you fight over say keeps. Or just out in the free group vs group?

No arena bullshit 1v1 or 3v3 or 5v5 with pillars people are running around and around and hiding behind. Or some capture the flag crap or that kind of stuff?

Having keeps to fight over relics that boost money drop/xp bonus made more people wanting to fight, also having special dungeons being opened when having majority of the keeps is also something, like WoW done with WG + VoA.

Sorry for making my posts long, but people who are ignorant and don't think before they talk are clearly people who doesn't care about pvp or perhaps does not care about a good new mmorpg where people WANT to login and play, not FORCING them to login and play to keep up with the latest = armor upgrades each week and other b@llsh!t.

Also what made DAoC die a little was TOA which forced people to start PvE grinding to be able to keep up with the endgaming. Else why do people want to get to endgame if after reaching max level they are FORCED to logon to be able to continue play more or less.

Nobody want to play a game and be a gimp, but in todays games you will be gimped if you do not logon every day.

• DookzDookz Member UncommonPosts: 562

I wonder where Mark Jacobs is now. Working on a new game?

Playing now: Cities: Skyline / Ori and the Blind Forest / Banished

• NicirinNicirin Member Posts: 9

I think an Ultima Online 2 would be even more awesome. Even if the game was 2D and not 3D... who really cares about graphics when you have an awesome gameplay game. The first ever epic MMO was UO and thats what got me hooked in the first place. Loved it.

DAOC is very awesome too. Too many new age MMORPG's are epically lamesauce compared to the old ones. The MMO market is very weak currently. I am on Trions side on the next big MMORPG, Rift Planes of Telara. I know it will be a good game... Not a DAOC 2 but still, a decent game while you wait for DAOC 2.

32 class trees, dynamic content, and much much more un-announced content... take a look and see for yourself.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

DaoC were great but I doubt Mythic will make another one.

But it seems like GW 2s the mist will have somewhat similar PvP to DaoC, I am afraid that it is the only game with 3 factions PvP (not RvR but server Vs Server). Otherwise you will have to wait a long while if not forever for DaoC 2... :(

But I agree, there is room for another DaoC, too bad Mythic did WAR instead.