Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you have a competitive nature and don't give up easy this game might be for you

MentatMentat Member UncommonPosts: 516

I introduced a friend to this game a while back. He's very good at FPS type games but, at this type of game...only so so.

One thing I noticed - when we used to play a while back he would get frustrated early from an early death and it will make him loose focus and almost give up.

This game is like chess, easy to play, hard to master. It's great fun though - you gotta keep on playing through those deaths - understand that they are going to happen and if you die early, so what....

Don't be a quitter - this game isn't for quitters, are you the type that once you die a few types you tend to give up or leave a game? Then for God sakes don't play this game - I hate the people that leave after getting owned a few times - there could hardly be a lamer thing that leavers/quitters.

If you notice your team is getting owned - take that opportunity to learn your character, see how frustrated you can make the other team by not surrendering and continuing to fight! I've seen many games shift hard after it being one sided for like 30-40 minutes in... Don't give up! If you are the type that can take a beating and keep on coming this game may be for you!

It's super fun, very competitive and just ignore being called "noob" - it happens to us all... For every 2-3 douchebags there will be some cool-ass-mofo - concentrate on finding the cool-ass-mofo's ...

Peace

Comments

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

I've never played this game but let's be honest here. People like to grief the other team and pick on noobs in every type of competitive game. That in turn causes those noobs to quit and the player base to be smaller then it could be, and at the same time the people doing it will never learn to stop doing it.

Nobody likes highly unbalanced teams, it just isn't fun. Nobody like to be new to a game, get killed over and over and have crap talk to them while it is happened. People play games to have fun, if they're not having fun they leave. Any game with a type of community that picks on people will always have a high turn over rate of people quitting. Add a game with a store where people can spend money to get an edge or you can spend money and then be frustrated by being on the wrong side of a one sided match and that many more people will quit.

One day perhaps gamers will learn that when they pick on other gamers they just help kill the game they enjoy playing.

• NeVeRLiFtNeVeRLiFt Member UncommonPosts: 380

This game is fun at first but if you spend time playing it and get to level 30 you will see that certain champs are unbalanced and that given both people of equal skill that certain champs just get the job done better than other champs.

So what ends up happening is that as you play you see people using these over powered champs all the time.

Played: MCO - EQ/EQ2 - WoW - VG - WAR - AoC - LoTRO - DDO - GW/GW2 - Eve - Rift - FE - TSW - TSO - WS - ESO - AA - BD
    Playing: Sims 3 & 4, Diablo3 and PoE
    Waiting on: Lost Ark
    Who's going to make a Cyberpunk MMO?

• khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486

Originally posted by NeVeRLiFt

This game is fun at first but if you spend time playing it and get to level 30 you will see that certain champs are unbalanced and that given both people of equal skill that certain champs just get the job done better than other champs.

So what ends up happening is that as you play you see people using these over powered champs all the time.

The game is 5v5, not 1v1.

You are supposed to make a balanced team. If both teams are balanced the ones that use better teamwork and skill will win.

Also, they have a draft system now so that you see the opponents picks and you can counter pick. Also, each team can ban 2 champions, so you can eliminate any you feel are overpowered.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

This game is exactly made for quitters. I know I quit.