Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KAL Online New Korean MMORPG

FoxlyFoxly Member Posts: 78

KAL Online is a Korean MMO released by Inix Soft Co Ltd.

KAL means 'sword' in English. This new genre of Oriental Fantasy is hot and is supported by Eastern cultural styles. The graphics are beautiful & some screenshots depict beautiful landscapes. The costumes are magnificent.

The Engrish on the website http://www.kalonline.com/ isn't great but is easy to follow.

One minute of gameplay is depicted this video http://down.kalonline.com/Kalonline_ongamenet_M.avi which should be downloaded high speed internet due to its immense size. For a normal quality video download this: http://down.kalonline.com/Kalonline_ongamenet_L.avi .

'Prize awarded : Won Pre-production Game Prize by Ministry of culture and tourism in 2003 '

The demands on your pc are considerably less than, say, Star Wars Galaxies requires:

CPU: Pentium 3/4

3D Acceleration card

Minimum 128 MB RAM

Direct X 9.0b or higher

Don't be fooled by the miniscule requirements, the screenshots show graphics on par with Star Wars Galaxies.

KAL Online has mandatory maintenance every Wednesday, unlike the every single day maintenance you see on many MMO's.

The classes are truly exciting. There is an 'ancient animals' pet system (very cool looking oriental myth appearances) that are a part of the Transformation System. When these Ancient Animals image are fully trained and leveled up, they are called Gods.

PVP: There is no reward or consequence for winning or losing a duel. PVP is totally optional & is by agreement of both parties. Monsters can attack you while you duel, so fight in a safe place. Duels end after 10 minutes, when HP is reduced to 0, or when one player surrenders.

Economy System: This is a game which clearly doesn't revolve around arena battles and economy, but more rather, adventure plot. There are certain NPC's in villages that will store your items for you, nothing further is listed on the website.

Adventure: There are 3 types of adventuring for character progression in Kal Online.

Quests (Events): image'Events usually takes much more time to clear and you get more rewards with Tasks. Also you may experience the main story of the game.
The difference between Tasks and Events is the camera effects by the scripts.'

Quests (Tasks): 'Tasks usually take short amount of time to finish and rewards are also minimum. It's more like bonus quests and most tasks are done by hunting and collecting items. You may get rewards like items, EXP, skill points, and etc by clearing the tasks. '

Missions (Quest): 'Mission(Quest) is more like a game system and it's usually done by group of players.'

Classes: Mu-Sa(Warrior), Goong-Soo(Archer), and Joo-Sool-Sa(Magician).

There are 8 classes, 5 of which are unlisted & must be experienced in the game. These three above expand into a job tree which can be found here: http://www.kalonline.com/Beginning/Job.asp When a skill tree is maxed out the legendary character is then a God, but not as Westerners use the word.

The premise is two armies collide, one led by a previously defeated army general, Ban-Go,  who teams up with a demon.image The demon joins with him and his demonic army (Again, not as Westerners think of demonsimage) march on Ha-Nin, the great king.

Quoted from KAL Online website: 'KAL-Online’ will be a model of oriental fantasy game ; it represents the oriental sentiment well.'image

Define me by my personality, not my nationality or the politics related to any nation I may live in.

"...the enchantment of error that you put on me I must wear forever in your eyes. We are not always what we seem and hardly ever what we dream."

Comments

• element2222element2222 Member Posts: 3
    Very cool, thanks for posting this. I just downloaded something from their site, I guess you can play it now? Not sure, but I'm trying it out.

• SadSurferSadSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 67

played for a little bit.

graphics are ok, shame there is no reflections on the water.

the beheading is a nice touch - I like that!

server starting area was very busy, to many people and a load of idiots there as well.

Tried the quest system but took ages to find the person to start it and then I killed 100+ mobs and never got the quest item drop - not sure if this is a bug.

Also, when skilling up you could not see what the skill did and the affect on stats which was rubbish.

English translation is a bit ropey at times.

Generally fun, worth a try and to see how it develops during beta.

SS

• element2222element2222 Member Posts: 3
    My water has reflections, I've done all the quests 1-15 and just got my ancient animal egg. Maybe the guy above me just didn't know what he was talking about. The engrish is really funny though not beyond the point of understanding.

• SadSurferSadSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 67

Hi,

Just thought I would clarify - the water reflections - there is no character or spell reflections in the water - buildings etc are reflected fine.

To be honest the quest stuff only became apparent once I was level 6 or so and I do not know if I was to high.

Glad you had more luck with the quests than I did.

SS