Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I love it, but where is everyone?

DynivesDynives Member Posts: 36

I've been playing the free trial for a few days, and just finally decided to go to the mainland to see if there was a population to make it worth playing.  I went to the Zorai town (recommended, since I'm a Zorai) and I saw nothing but NPCs around and no talking at all except the general NPC scripts.  Is there a certain place that most people hang out at?  I want to get into a clan and keep playing this game, as I'm loving it so far, but I don't think I can justify paying an MMO subscription every month if the population is really as low as it seems.  I really really hope its not, and that I'm just missing something.

Tagged:

Comments

  • MaDSaMMaDSaM Member Posts: 627

    I´m guessing that you are on Arispotle, the international Server.

    So, there´s always the problem of different time-zones.

    Just give a shout in Universe-Chat and people will answer and very probably come to your aid  :-)

     

    CU

    SaM

    image

    Ryzom, we dare to be different.
    Do you dare to adapt?
  • DynivesDynives Member Posts: 36

    I found a guild last night, and though there were only 2 people on at the time i was told its because everyones in the same time zone as me and have real jobs and all that.  Only reason I was on was that I was up late.  I talked for a bit and they were really nice, and planned to trek me to the guild hall today.  Made me enjoy the game more :)

  • Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    The game has a massive game world, three servers and only around 500 people on at any given time between the three.
    That's why it's empty. It's time to merge all servers and make different language global, regional and faction chat channels.

    image

    Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

  • MaDSaMMaDSaM Member Posts: 627

    And that would help how?

    So people could still play appart from each other and complain about folks that don´t speak their language attacking "their" Ouposts? XD

    Great idea, for sure. ;)

    Anyway, yes, the population IS kinda small, sadly, but complaining about it and then leaving won´t make it bigger.

    Staying and having fun with those that ARE there does. :)

     

    CU

    SaaM

    image

    Ryzom, we dare to be different.
    Do you dare to adapt?
  • QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,756

    people don;t want to play empty mmos. Even if they can;t talk to some people we all like to see other players. So yea it would help keep all those new players, thy propably would give game more time. I never understood all those people against server merges. If the game is empty then MERGE SERVERS. But I know from experience ryzom has vary "bitchy" population. I saw people complaining about content which isn't even released.. oO

  • NizurNizur Member Posts: 1,417

    Originally posted by TwilightEdge

    people don;t want to play empty mmos. Even if they can;t talk to some people we all like to see other players. So yea it would help keep all those new players, thy propably would give game more time. I never understood all those people against server merges. If the game is empty then MERGE SERVERS. But I know from experience ryzom has vary "bitchy" population. I saw people complaining about content which isn't even released.. oO

    How is that any different from any other MMO community? There are countless threads on these forums of people complaining about content that isn't released yet: DF, SW:TOR, GW2, SW, Earthrise, WoW... you name it.

    Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

  • QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,756

    Everyone say ryzom has such an awesome community but even this awesome community has it's faults.

    besides ryzom is updated like once a year? Complaining about any new content in this case is kind of strange imo.

    edit: mind you I think Ryzom has one of the best communities I've met but as everywhere there are problems.

  • NizurNizur Member Posts: 1,417

    There is no perfect MMO community, but calling Ryzom's community "bitchy" is a bit much. Apples to apples, it is one of the most supportive communities (of the game and fellow members) I've seen in any MMO.

    Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

  • DynivesDynives Member Posts: 36

    Originally posted by TwilightEdge

    Everyone say ryzom has such an awesome community but even this awesome community has it's faults.
    besides ryzom is updated like once a year? Complaining about any new content in this case is kind of strange imo.
    edit: mind you I think Ryzom has one of the best communities I've met but as everywhere there are problems.

     I've noticed that in most games, the people that like to complain make up the majority of the public forums.  I have had nothing but good experiences with people so far and have to say this is one of if not the best community I've ever played with.  Every group is going to have its exceptions, however.

  • RiotgirlRiotgirl Member CommonPosts: 520

    Originally posted by Rockgod99

    The game has a massive game world, three servers and only around 500 people on at any given time between the three. That's why it's empty. It's time to merge all servers and make different language global, regional and faction chat channels.

     

    This.

    The simple solution as Rockgod99 states is server merge with different language chat channels. Simples. Especially if the common complaint is lack of population. That said, it does seem bewildering that other games suffering the same issue, are equally slow to merge servers.

    In all honesty, I don't understand the need for specific servers for specific time-zones unless there is a (i) technical driver i.e. server load due to population, (ii) game-play i.e. game feels too crowded, too much competition for spawns, raids, yada yada yada (less of an issue for sandbox) or (iii) rule-set i.e. RP server.

    I dislike the artificiality of splitting servers unless for server load or severe game-play issues because it splits and fragments players. Older titles and/or games with a diminishing population should be much more aggressive in server merges, yet this rarely seems to happen.

    "If you think I'm plucky and scrappy and all I need is love, you're in way over your head. I don't have a heart of gold or get nice. There are a lot nicer people coming up. We call them losers."

Sign In or Register to comment.