Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Latest Dev Chat with New Information on Land Control.

OaksteadOakstead Member Posts: 455

It is here: http://www.darkandlight.net/forums/showthread.php?p=182274#post182274

The biggest news for me was:

1. Most fortresses must be built and built after a village is established by players. House destruction is confirmed (and likely) if the village is near the enemy.

2. Fortresses can be bought and sold. So does this mean an early form of capitalism will develop in this game?

3. Assasinations are designed to occur within ones' own alignment as a part of high level political manouverings.

Apparently the only way to get rid of low level spys of the opposite alignment in non-declared war zones is to lead some MOBs into them. But, that should be sufficient.

Comments

• blacksacblacksac Member Posts: 1,045

Thanks for the info Oaks image

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

Great stuff!

I found this quite interesting:

"<Cocyte> Will 'political conspiracies' be aimed to players. For example, will it be possible that GM decide to weaken an over-powerful guild by some assasinations and attacks from NPCs?
    <satange> (no, not these strings Vuuar ;-P)
    <satange> We won't directly attack a too powerful guild
    <satange> But yes,we'll launch plots to put them through problems and give opportunities to the other guilds."

• OaksteadOakstead Member Posts: 455
    Yes, but I don't think it will be used much as the probability of any guild dominating a kingdom seems to be low. Still, I suspect this is one of their tools to insure one alignment doesn't completely over-power the other.

• LILLIPPA328LILLIPPA328 Member Posts: 331

I would actually LOVE this game at certain times to form up like Shadowbane did in certain situations....

For Ex:In Shadowbane,eventually,a bunch of good sized Guilds formed a Nation,and was a dominating force that stretched far throughout the northern mainlands.....

Then,another bunch of guilds got together and formed a Nation that was also a Dominating force,this one stretched throughout the southern parts of the mainlands......

One last Nation was formed,not as powerful as the other ones,but soon too be.....

Now,the good thing about this,is that those 3 nations went to War.This forms an amount of suprises,and a layer of excitement...since theyre are only a few safe zones,you always have to be careful,and battles went on all the time....

Smaller guilds had a nice chance of uprising since all 3 Nations were always recruiting,and this let the guilds play an important role,but also had the risk of having your town destroyd by an enemy faction....

There was also some other nations forming,not as powerful,but they were small...and upcoming ones....

Now eventually,these nations would fall,and break,and different clans had chances to uprise,and this keeps going on,and makes the game get unrepetitive....

**Like to talk about Video Games?Go to Veiwers Pick Forums...

http://viewerspick.proboards35.com/index.cgi?

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

This game isnt Open Pvp??? ::::16:: You have a choice to make a house in a PvP zone or a safe zone he said. I think open PvP would be awesome in this type of game.

EQ2 Qeynos Guild- http://www.imperium-arcanum.com

• OaksteadOakstead Member Posts: 455

While 2 noob kingdoms exist the real game occurs in the 10 remaining kingdoms which do have open PvP between the two alignments.

Yet in this game each alignment gets to define its territory by keeping mana fountains supplied. These mana fountains give their alignment significant fighting bonuses. So taking territory from the enemy alignment will require lots of raids to first destroy the automated caravans bringing in the resources. After the enemy has been softened up in this way the real seige battle begins. So not much PvP will occur within the mana fountain defined alignment territories.

So if you want a safe house build it deep within your alignment's territory, if you want to live in resource rich, strategic area with lots of house sites near the frontier at any given time go build there. This is what I think the devs were referring to.

Since nobles can buy and sell fortresses I think house selling may also be in the game. So real estate speculation may be another way to make money in this game.

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

Wow thats pretty cool. I didnt know it worked that way. DnL is doing a great job ::::28::

EQ2 Qeynos Guild- http://www.imperium-arcanum.com

• LILLIPPA328LILLIPPA328 Member Posts: 331

Yea,they said itll be better for econmy to build in PvP zones,always good to risk a little to get a little....

**Like to talk about Video Games?Go to Veiwers Pick Forums...

http://viewerspick.proboards35.com/index.cgi?

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

I also thought it was pretty cool how each town only has a certain amount of stock in supplies which must be supplied caravans... I dont think theres ANYTHING they forgot about in this game... and with Gary Gygax writing Quests for them I think this will be the best MMORPG easily! As long as it doesn't turn into another Shadowbane and get postponed for 3 years then come out as crap, but im sure that only has like a .00001% chance of happening ::::35::

• thenomadethenomade Member Posts: 12

Nice future ::::08::

• kagdakagda Member Posts: 85

while im pretty sure it will get delayed a bit... hell even MxO just announced that it will be a bit delayed, i will doubt that it will be delayed by more then 2 month's..... umm, Yeah, lol i've been following this game for well over a year now, and yes, i agree that the future of this game and all other mmorpg's has never looked brighter. The reason why 'the dev's didnt leave anything out' is because especially earlier on, they listened to the whole community and got advice from the community itself rather then just going out and making their own rules and what not...

See you all on the dark side of DnL :)

NONE

oh by the way check out the Soldiers of Fortune Website

Okkkkaaayyyyyyyyyyyy