Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is this game listed

It's clearly not an MMORPG by any stretch of imagination, so why is it listed here?  Just curious.  I'm getting closer and closer to abandoning mmorpg.com and going with one of the other sites that wont list LOL, or Evony, as an MMORPG.

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars
Played: Darkfall, EVE, AoC, Ryzom, Ragnarok Online, GW2, PS2, Secret World, WOW, City Of Heroes/Villains, Champion Online.

Comments

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

I agree... this game is not an MMORPG.

I guess you could say that is meets the basic criteria for one though... but its still a huge stretch.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Haha, yeah this game is not an MMORPG, a MORPG, or even an ORPG.  Its an arena game...

I wish I knew who suggested this.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

Who cares? Put Diablo 2 and Quake on here for all I care, they are great games too. I'd rather have LoL on that list than 90% of the F2P games.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• GallienteGalliente Member Posts: 44

How hard are you being forced to, not only read about League of Legends on this site, but to specifically search out its forum section and post in it?

Obviously the blackmail must have been rather fierce.

• AthcearAthcear Member Posts: 420

I agree.  LoL is not an MMORPG.  It is, however, lots of fun and I will continue to play it and discuss it here.  I appreciate its presence here even if I technically disagree with it.

Important facts:
    1. Free to Play games are poorly made.
    2. Casuals are not all idiots, but idiots call themselves casuals.
    3. Great solo and group content are not mutually exclusive, but they suffer when one is shoved into the mold of the other. The same is true of PvP and PvE.
    4. Community is more important than you think.

• jvxmtgjvxmtg Member Posts: 371

What's funny is that LoL is listed here, but not DotA. :/

Ready for GW2!!!
  • WW4BWWW4BW Member UncommonPosts: 501

I doesnt fit with the purpose of the site, but if people want to discuss it within this community, I see no harm in it.

I doesnt detract from MMORPG in any way.

But maybe there should be a subforum for other types of games so it isnt lobbed in with the MMORPGS.

Also with the crap that currently passes for an MMORPG its a nice way to stay in touch with the community without actually playing one.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

Originally posted by jvxmtg

DoTA is a Mod...anyway both should not be here.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• NyQuil81NyQuil81 Member Posts: 101

Originally posted by jvxmtg

Or Heroes of Newerth.  Exact same game, and in many ways much better than LoL.

Seriously MMORPG.com, if you're going to list one game of a genre that isn't quite an MMORPG, you could at least also list it's competitors, for fairness sake.

• DhaemanDhaeman Member Posts: 531

Been playing Bloodline Champions which I find more enjoyable. I'd consider it as much of an MMORPG considering you 'level up' but really these games are in different categories.

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468

OP has a point but i would kick second life off before any other game

• DhaemanDhaeman Member Posts: 531

Originally posted by Exterminos

I'd venture to say there's more a bit more of the massive, the multiplayer, and the role playing in Second Life. League of Legends might have more to the game part though.

Originally posted by Dhaeman

I'd venture to say there's more a bit more of the massive, the multiplayer, and the role playing in Second Life. League of Legends might have more to the game part though.

Valid points but the whole no level , no classes , to me second life is more of intereactive experience and not a game at all, but i see your points

• rozenblade1rozenblade1 Member CommonPosts: 501

Funny are the things people look to complain about when they lack anything better to do :)

PLAYING: NOTHING!!!
    PLAYED:FFXI, LotRO, AoC, WAR, DDO, Megaten, Wurm, Rohan, Mabinogi, RoM

WAITING FOR: Dust 514

hey i resemble that remark

• rozenblade1rozenblade1 Member CommonPosts: 501

hey i resemble that remark

Chances are I myself do as well :)

PLAYING: NOTHING!!!
    PLAYED:FFXI, LotRO, AoC, WAR, DDO, Megaten, Wurm, Rohan, Mabinogi, RoM

WAITING FOR: Dust 514