Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whatever happened to the Furians

Logged on Fury. Couldn't believe it. It's a complete ghost town. Checked at different times. Same story. It actually feels devoid of any real community. Just the usual one or two idiots in global. I wonder if all servers are as bad. I'm particularly interested in our colonial cousins. How are you faring across the water. :)

Tranca [RUS corp]

Comments

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

Tyranny, the dedicated pvp server is suffering.  A lot of Tyranny players want a merger with Cimmeria (RP-PVP). Cimmeria and the pve servers (Wiccana / Set) are doing okay population wise. 

• tiapherestiapheres Member Posts: 74

The Furians were all wiped out by the Necromunda, Only one survived. He now leads them. For a complete history on the events watch the true to life documentry "The Chronicles of Riddick".

It's totally legit, nothing shady.

Fatetaker Voidwalker
    Linkshell founder of Shi Ryu of Aegis & Figaro
    Leader of the Bad Wolves Multi Game Community

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

AoC is one of the proud examples of "When and why does pvp kill itsellf !?!" to the highest degree.....should be taken as lesson to designers.

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• Catriona85Catriona85 Member Posts: 144

Originally posted by Barteaux

Originally posted by Catriona85

Logged on Fury. Couldn't believe it. It's a complete ghost town. Checked at different times. Same story. It actually feels devoid of any real community. Just the usual one or two idiots in global. I wonder if all servers are as bad. I'm particularly interested in our colonial cousins. How are you faring across the water. :)

Simple fact is I logged onto Fury and it was like a completely different game. The server felt dead, empty, barren. It made me a little sad actually. The forum too is absolutely destitute. There are only two active threads. Perhaps what Catlana points out regarding Tyranny needs to be done with Fury and Aquilonia. I doubt however that the Aquilonian population would want Furians coming to dinner on an RP server. Although it may not be so bad now that the Fury population have apparently walked away.

The reason I was curious about the Yanks. I wonder if it would be feasible (it's certainly possible) to merge EU with USA servers. This would mean that at least the populations would increase and the servers would be active round the clock.  Americans are also a lot of fun to play with. I've had some really good times and a lot of laughs on Test Live with them. In other games too such as EQ1, which has all servers available to either EU or US folks. Fallen Earth too who like EVE runs on a single server.

Unfortunately I doubt Funcom would do this. Especially since AoC has been perpetually plagued by bad ping rates and red spiking. Perhaps US based servers would exacerbate this situation. I suspect Funcom are just holding back, grabbing as many new subs as they can by offering junk bags with crap in them as incentive. Before bursting AoC onto the F2P scene.

Tranca [RUS corp]