Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Klingons

pmaurapmaura Member UncommonPosts: 530

Well just voicing my disgust at the lack of the klingon faction. It really is the only reason I dumped the game. I thought they would have a fleshed out klingon faction. Nope.

Now they just make sure all new missions are also able to played by the klingons as well, really ticks me off, its just a slap in the face. I mean, WoW is able to have hore and alliance specific quests as well as class specific, and not just wow everyone game out there. and Cryptic has just having issues with federation and now there moving on to a third game.

there going to destroy D&D.

So cryptic you want me back seriously fix out buddies the klingon.

Comments

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

Originally posted by pmaura

I mean, WoW is able to have hore and alliance specific quests as well as class specific, and not just wow everyone game out there. 

LOTRO only has free peoples.

• pmaurapmaura Member UncommonPosts: 530

actually pretty sure, lotro has class specific quests as well as race specific

• pmaurapmaura Member UncommonPosts: 530

and lotro never said were going to give you races and classes for Saurons side, but zero quests to level your people or progress the story.

they have the monster play which is simple pvp and they stated that from the begining. Cryptic said there would be two factions to play

• raistalin69raistalin69 Member Posts: 575

turbine (lotro) simply put did not release a half finished game with no intention of finishing it.

they also did not misrepresent what they planned on doing in order to sell more box's.

simply put..... im sure if turbine had told the players all the things they would like to put in there game... there would be a lot of angry people. cryptic on the other hand shared all there glorious plans with there players.... then proved completely unable to deliver.

always promise less then than you can deliver, not more. then  your customers are ecstatic when they got more than they thought they were going too.

IF THE ONLY DEFENCE FOR CRITICISM OF A GAME IS CALLING SOMEONE A TROLL OR HATER, THAT SAYS A LOT ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE GAME

• LohdownLohdown Member UncommonPosts: 78

Originally posted by raistalin69

turbine (lotro) simply put did not release a half finished game with no intention of finishing it.

they also did not misrepresent what they planned on doing in order to sell more box's.

simply put..... im sure if turbine had told the players all the things they would like to put in there game... there would be a lot of angry people. cryptic on the other hand shared all there glorious plans with there players.... then proved completely unable to deliver.

always promise less then than you can deliver, not more. then  your customers are ecstatic when they got more than they thought they were going too.

The ironic part is that this is basically Scotty's maxim.  Cryptic couldn't even take this wise advice from the lore of their own creation.

The moment I read "It's like" or "WoW" is the moment I stop reading your post.

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823

Nagus I can't say that it's all that impressive . Even the State of the game left me with same feeling. Cryptic is more talk then substance.

Since beta, we've added:

• Klingon Exploration Clusters  - Cut and paste , that doesn't funtion properly

• The Borg Hub - Fed content made so Klingons can play

• The Undine Hub - Fed content made so Klingons can play

• Several Fleet actions  -Cut and paste

• Several STFs -Fed content made so Klingons can play

• 8 Klingon only episodes (Did you know that the vast majority of manpower for Season 2 went towards making these?) - The only thing they've done right

• New and improved costuming options - Really ? Compared to the , what  Romulans ?

• Improved Orion costume Options - That's more on the to do list

• A PvP UI overhaul

• Weekly Episodes -Fed content made so Klingons can play

• New Daily Missions to go with the weekly episodes - Fed content made so Klingons can play

• The Kar'Fi Carrier  - Come on this piece of crap no 0ne , absolutely no one uses.

We're working right now, on:

• More Weekly Episodes, and more awesome rewards to go with them. -Fed content made so Klingons can play

• Several new ships (Gorn, Orion, Nausicaan, Vor'cha Refit, New Crytpic Design - Klingon Ship) - They're getting to it now ? after how long ?

• Improved Gorn Costume Options (These looks really sweet BTW) - About time , how long have they been in game ?

• UGC -Fed content made so Klingons can play . - It's debatable that Klingons will be able to use it. Since most content is designed for Feds with Klingons as an after thought

• Wing Animations for various Klingon Vessel - About time

• Crafting for Klingons - About time

• Episode Replay -Fed content made so Klingons can play . Since there is soooo much Klingon content to replay

• A redesign for the remote contact system to improve the way you get missions. -Fed content made so Klingons can play

In the future we hope to make:

• More new ships for the KDF

• New PvP Maps

• A new "Territory Control" PvP game

• More Klingon Specific Episodes

I wouldn't say that this list is small, and most of this can be found just by going back through the Engineering Reports.

However, again, I must stress that this all takes time. It takes time to make it, to test it, to improve upon it, and then test it some more. I know you all want, and need more content, but rushing any of this out will not make things better.

Thanks,

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=3025888&postcount=1

Continued from the above link.....

I am referring to the fact they created a game with two faction but only design for one and a half faction.

You can level to end game on the Fed side via varied PvE mission... for the Klingons, you grind the same generic missions over and over again or you PvP (and at low level, good luck getting games).

Crafting... Fed only.

Anomaly mini-game... Fed only.

Diplomacy... Fed only.

Off-Duty clothing... Fed only.

Female TOS uniforms... Fed only (Klingon women can now wear TOS gear... the male TOS gear, not the Mara miniskirt the way the Feds get the Uhura miniskirt).

Tricorders to find objectives in away missions... Fed only.

Iconic 'retrofit' ships... Fed only (five of them... and all Klingon get is the bizarre non-iconic monstrosity that seems to have wandered in from Warhammer 40,000 farting flames out its arse ).

Veteran uniform rewards... Fed only (a small issue but in a sense the biggest 'screw you' of all as if our sub money was somehow less valid).

Deferi ambassador beams to your ship as a Fed during Cold Call... as a Klingon, you get a "lite" version with dialogue boxes in space.

Tribbles... Fed only (+ Orions and Klingon faction Trills/Borgs)... targ pups do nothing whatsoever other than look 'cute'... and hence the third Deferi mission reward is useless to most Klingon faction players. Give us "tribble comparable" non-ornamental targs for Cthulhu's sake!

Rescue the Deferi (daily)... Feds get tactical options that the Klingons simply don't... what possible excuse is there to give one faction a "lite" version of this? If you think the subtle jammer option is 'un-Klingon' (and it really isn't as anyone who uses cloaked ships has no problem with subtly in warfare) then give us the ability to board the damn Cruiser and take them back by force.

Open instance 'Deep Space Encounters'... Fed only (well Klingons get to share exactly ONE DSE with the Feds in the Borg sector block).

The list goes on and on and on...

-- So what need to change? --

Dan Stahl... you say all the right things yet the majority of new content is always Fed only.

You need to have a large sign in every room that says this:

*** WHEN YOU ADD NEW CONTENT... ANY CONTENT... ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS MAKE A FULL FEATURED KLINGON VERSION TOO ***

Never ever ever make ANY new content that does not give something of the same value, not a "lite" version, to BOTH factions. Clothing. Missions. Ships. Bridges. Pets. Everything.

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

While I acknowledge the effort by DStahl it's the same shit over and and over again ,  promise and delivery a half ass effort.  Sorry, but they have an enomous crediblity issue with me.

• Grand_NagusGrand_Nagus Member UncommonPosts: 335

I completely agree that the Klingon faction isnt what it should be. They originally said it would be a full PvE faction, and that isnt what they delivered. However, they are doing all they realistically can right now, and no amount of crying is going to change the past. If you are able to enjoy the game, then great. If you arent, then hopefully you'll find another you can. Either way, ranting isnt going to accomplish anything.

• DinendaeDinendae Member Posts: 1,264

Originally posted by Sanguinelust

I mean, WoW is able to have hore and alliance specific quests as well as class specific, and not just wow everyone game out there. 

It also has the monster play races (Warg, Spider, and Orcs), along with PvP and PvE quests for the monster players. Granted you don't level them up, but i do find it ironic that they have more content available to them than the Klingon faction in STO.

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

• Grand_NagusGrand_Nagus Member UncommonPosts: 335

Originally posted by Dinendae

Originally posted by Sanguinelust

It also has the monster play races (Warg, Spider, and Orcs), along with PvP and PvE quests for the monster players. Granted you don't level them up, but i do find it ironic that they have more content available to them than the Klingon faction in STO.

I havent played LOTRO yet(though I plan to). Can you give a quick breakdown of all the conten available to monster players? 

• DinendaeDinendae Member Posts: 1,264

Originally posted by Grand_Nagus

I havent played LOTRO yet(though I plan to). Can you give a quick breakdown of all the conten available to monster players? 

I am not sure if anything has been added to the monster player content yet, as I am still exploring the Free Peoples changes (such as the new Barrow Downs dungeons). However before the hybrid model change happened, the Monster Players had the following mission types (anyone who played them more than I have, please add in any types I forget):

1. PvP missions: By these I am only speaking of those missions where the object is to kill enemy players.

2. PvP/PvE missions: These are the missions (such as collect X amount of ears from race X (elves, dwarves, etc.)). These missions can be completed either by killing players and/or the NPCs of that race located in the PvP zone.

3. PvE missions: These are missions that are purely PvE in nature (such as killing maggots to feed the troops, or collecting stone from trolls who were caught outside when the sun came up to help strengthen forts). It should be noted that a lot of those types of missions that help the monster faction in PvP can only be acquired from NPCs at the forts, when you control them. By completing these missions for conquerable forts, you strengthen the defenses of the forts to help make it harder for enemy players to take them.

4. Exploration missions: There are a few missions where you are tasked with exploring various places.

Since it is a PvP zone there is always the possibility of being engaged by enemy players, no matter what type of mission you are doing. However it is nice that there are repetable PvE missions in LotRO's monster play; as I remember it, there is generally a one hour timer before you can get a mission again after completing it. However, there are so many missions that if you work on a couple, turn them in, and then go work on a couple more quests, the timer should count down on the first quests before you work your way through the rest.

The above is mainly the reason why I called Cryptic on their claims that the Klingon faction were not going to be a form of monster play; as I posted in the forums once D. Stahl let us know about STO's Klingon faction back in December of 2009, what STO received was a slightly enhanced form of monster play. Instead of starting out at maximum level and then working through PvP ranks, STO's Klingons level up. They also have the ability to chose ships, equipment, and pets (Bridge Officers), where as in LotRO's monster play you are start out with the only equipment that class type will be using (though there is the option of having an alternate look for your monster, if you take that trait and slot it).

*Edit for additional comment* If you are planning on trying LotRO via the free to play route instead of the susbscription route, I do not think you will have access to monster play via the new pricing setup (unless that is one of the many options you can buy, such as quest packs). You'll have to check out their website and the new pricing guide to make sure.

I do find it ironic that LotRO's monster play, which was never meant to be more than a side game, has far more content than STO's Klingons (even after the addtional missions), which were billed as a full, complete faction.

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

• ScribbleLay1ScribbleLay1 Member Posts: 177

Originally posted by Grand_Nagus

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=3022505#post3022505

And I suppose that I am to clap my hands and jump for joy over that list?  The first part of what they have done for us lately should have been in the game from launch.  The second part is nothing but promises of things to come which is the same old story that Cryptic always uses,,The check is always in the mail, just hold on for another 3 or 4 months and you will see that the game is getting better well, when you hit rock bottom there is no place to go but up.