Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PAX Interview

UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243

Probably not a lot of new stuff here, but this is my favorite internet personality talking about Guild Wars 2 and Final Fantasy XIV. He really doesn't like FFXIV by the way. Take a look:

http://spoonyexperiment.com/

Comments

• cloud8521cloud8521 Member Posts: 878

Originally posted by UsualSuspect

Probably not a lot of new stuff here, but this is my favorite internet personality talking about Guild Wars 2 and Final Fantasy XIV. He really doesn't like FFXIV by the way. Take a look:

http://spoonyexperiment.com/

he doesnt like FF period..... also link to the video not to the site, most people hate when people do that

• twruletwrule Member Posts: 1,251

Lol - while he makes little attempt to appear objective, I have to say I agree with his opinions for the most part.  I think his jab at FF13 was probably the only comment I didn't fully agree with lol.

• wardoxywardoxy Member UncommonPosts: 81

He forgot to mention music too... guilwars music is pure awesome.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Ok I get it he doesn't like Ff 14.. (he made a "review" of FF 10 and he didn't like it either.) There are people which simply doesn't like games like these. At the beginning he said that islands of Wakfu looked bad too.. wtf is wrong with him ==; For me all those games look awesome. Still it's nice to see even more people excited about gW2. =]

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

The guy seems to have some grudge with square enix..

Neverthless i agree with him on a lot of things.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243

Originally posted by cloud8521

he doesnt like FF period..... also link to the video not to the site, most people hate when people do that

I would have, but I can't see a way of linking straight to the video.

Ah  ha, I speak too soon. Just found a way of doing it by going to the messages part. I'll change the original post. Either way, he's a funny guy, you should check out his other videos.

EDIT: Oops, forgot, posts have a timer to edit on.

Direct Link: http://spoonyexperiment.com/2010/09/13/pax-coverage-final-fantasy-xiv-guild-wars-2/

• cloud8521cloud8521 Member Posts: 878

Originally posted by UsualSuspect

Originally posted by cloud8521

I would have, but I can't see a way of linking straight to the video.

Ah  ha, I speak too soon. Just found a way of doing it by going to the messages part. I'll change the original post. Either way, he's a funny guy, you should check out his other videos.

EDIT: Oops, forgot, posts have a timer to edit on.

Direct Link: http://spoonyexperiment.com/2010/09/13/pax-coverage-final-fantasy-xiv-guild-wars-2/

personally hes ben on a little bit of a decline.  i think he needs step up his game again

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

He did had a valid point about FF XIV combat....

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

People were telling the same thing about FF Xi. That combat is slow and boring and yet it was so incredibly rewarding. To each his own I guess. We all know Square won't start making actioney rpgs.. they prefer turn based aproach to fighting.

About GW2. I'm starting to get a little scared by hype this game is getting.

• Masa1Masa1 Member UncommonPosts: 318

The combat in FF series, before FFX appeared, was interesting. After S + E combined, they've changed it to the way it is now: BORING.

If you think about it, how can a "slow real time" combat can turn out to be more boring than "turn based combat / ATB" they had before FFXI..? Well I don't know either, they really outdid themselves.