Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any word on Stealth and Crowd Control?

endersshadowendersshadow Member Posts: 296

I am curious if anyone knows if there is going to be Stealth for the rogue classes?

And is there any word on crowd control? Anyone know what types there are in game?

And when I say stealth I mean invisible.

Comments

• Silverthorn8Silverthorn8 Member UncommonPosts: 510

The game will have both, not sure on stealth durations. There are some early talent builds that include some cc abilities.

All subject to change ofc.

• eLdritchZeLdritchZ Member Posts: 83

right now there are 2 Stealth abilites - one on the assassin one on the nightblade. they have a limited duration which can be turned to unlimited via deep branch talents.

CC is there as well, most souls have maybe 1 or 2... things like stun, silence, mez, fear, disarm, slow and root. Although there will also be a Mage Class which will focus on CC - the Dominator - no soul tree as of yet.

<S.T.E.A.L.T.H>
    An Agency that kicks so much ass it has to be written in all capital letters... divided by dots!
    www.stealth-industries.de

• frea-mmofrea-mmo Member UncommonPosts: 6

And when I say stealth I mean invisiblE.

YOU MEAN , I WIN BUTTON  XD

• endersshadowendersshadow Member Posts: 296

lol

Well up until recently Ive had alot of fun on my rogue in WoW and in the videos devs are talking about the rogue skill trees all the time, so it would be awfully disappointing if there wasnt true stealth.

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133

From everything I've heard it's as Eldritchz states. I hadn't heard about the getting it to unlimited part until now, though. I knew it was in and had a short duration so that was something new.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• TdoTdo Member Posts: 82

some of the Assassins Souls ,( not final ) points = points needed in the soul tree to gain the spell / ability

Stealth :

description: You conceal yourself from your enemies for 30 seconds.While hidden, your movement speed is reduced by 30%. This ability can only be used when out of combat. Any attacks made, cancel the effect. Cooldown: 10 seconds.

Incapacitate

cost: 10 energy

description: Incapacitates a single target for 30 seconds. Target must not be in combat. Must be stealthed. Any damage on the target removes the effect. Only 1 target can be Incapacitated at a time

Improved Stealth :  

Duratation: last until cancelled

Slip Away :

description: You completely disappear from sight, putting you in Improved Stealth and making you immune to all damage effects for 3 seconds. This also removes snares and root effects. Requires Improved Stealth Rank 1

Hidden Veil :

description: Causes Stealth to no longer break when you take damage

Foul Play:

description: You execute an unfair maneuver that stuns the enemy for 4 seconds

Alias Warin

Few Nightblade Ability's:

Conceal

description: You conceal yourself from your enemies for 30 seconds. While hidden, your movement speed is reduced by 30%. This ability can only be used when out of combat. Any attacks made cancel the effect. Cooldown: 10 seconds.

Dark Containment :

cost: 10 Energy

range: 20meters

description: You envelope the enemy in a shroud of darkness, incapacitating the target for 15 seconds. Any damage on the target removes the effect.

Dusk to Dawn

cost: 50 Energy

description: You overwhelm the enemy using the forces of darkness, rooting the enemy and dealing weapon DPS plus 149 Death damage over 4 seconds. Awards 1 Combo Point. While channeling this ability, you gain an additional Combo Point per second.

Incapacitate

cost: 10 energy

description: Incapacitates a single target for 30 seconds. Target must not be in combat. Must be stealthed. Any damage on the target removes the effect. Only 1 target can be incapacitated at a time.

Smother (Silence)

cost: 35 Energy

description: You smother your enemy, dealing weapon DPS plus 26 to 29 Death damage and causing the target to be silenced for 4 seconds. Must be stealthed. Requires a melee weapon.

Alias Warin

I cant help but notice that some of those abilities are just like my Rogues (WoW). Dont get your panties in a wad though, I am not saying anything critical, just a bland observation.

Its funny, I want a new mmo, but I notice I have a complaining attitude when my favorite class doesnt have all the tools that it had in the previous mmo.

For example, when I played WoW (coming from DAOC) the warlock seemed like the closest thing to a Sorcerer but no aoe mesmerize (cc for those that dont know).

And again I am looking at the new classes of RIFT coming from WoW and I dont certain abilitys that I THINK are needed.

It takes me a little while to wrap my head around "THIS IS NOT XYZ MMO, THIS IS RIFT."

Originally posted by endersshadow

I cant help but notice that some of those abilities are just like my Rogues (WoW). Dont get your panties in a wad though, I am not saying anything critical, just a bland observation.

Its funny, I want a new mmo, but I notice I have a complaining attitude when my favorite class doesnt have all the tools that it had in the previous mmo.

For example, when I played WoW (coming from DAOC) the warlock seemed like the closest thing to a Sorcerer but no aoe mesmerize (cc for those that dont know).

And again I am looking at the new classes of RIFT coming from WoW and I dont certain abilitys that I THINK are needed.

It takes me a little while to wrap my head around "THIS IS NOT XYZ MMO, THIS IS RIFT."

you do know that you can choose Assassin + Nightblade + one other soul as a Rogue ? and mix the "talents" the way you want to `? 

60% assassin and 40% nightblade and you have all the "tools"

30 points in Assassin tree will give you : Slip Away + Improved Stealth

and 20 points in Nightblade tree will give you Smother (Silence) + Dark Containment

what else do you need as an Rogue ?

Alias Warin

Originally posted by Razgul

you do know that you can choose Assassin + Nightblade + one other soul as a Rogue ? and mix the "talents" the way you want to `? 

and 20 points in Nightblade tree will give you Smother (Silence) + Dark Containment

Your rignt, probably will have everything I need. Im just making a observation about myself. I am sure there will be something the RIFT rogue doesnt have. I mean, its not like they are going to copy all of my WoW Rogues abilities....nor would I expect them or want them too.

• frankahfrankah Member UncommonPosts: 73

Your rignt, probably will have everything I need. Im just making a observation about myself. I am sure there will be something the RIFT rogue doesnt have. I mean, its not like they are going to copy all of my WoW Rogues abilities....nor would I expect them or want them too.

This information is slightly wrong. Certain classes are not entirely faction specific, but you can't use them at character creation. For example, the Assassin belongs to the Guardians, at first. The Nightblade belongs to the Defiant at first, but from what I understand, once you level up some, you can unlock those classes on either faction.

Originally posted by frankah

This information is slightly wrong. Certain classes are not entirely faction specific, but you can't use them at character creation. For example, the Assassin belongs to the Guardians, at first. The Nightblade belongs to the Defiant at first, but from what I understand, once you level up some, you can unlock those classes on either faction.

I did not know that, thanks for the info.