Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

the vote your wallet thing

cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

most you time you will get this, if you like a thing vote whit your wallet

• so you dont want more wow clones and other crap

• you want a sandbox game

• you want full loot pvp

• since all investors dont want to risk their money any other game that try to be different so we got load of wow clones, and anyone that try to make something new dont have the money to developt the game on a proper way

now it the time to vote whit your wallet  but how ????

• you dont want to pay for a bad product but most likely the product is bad because the lack of money and stuff

• if you decide to keep your money for later the product can die because devs dont have the sufficient money to put their stuff together

• if you buy the product you get a crappy experience because the product is bah

• if the game die you have less option to play a different game and you have to get used whit wow clones

so how you are supposed to vote whit your wallet ?

BestSigEver :P

Comments

• davmac22davmac22 Member Posts: 283

Please explain what this thread is discussing, I am completely lost

imageimageimage

• thorppesthorppes Member Posts: 452

This is the last chance in a long time for us MMORPG players to see a true sandbox being made. I've already put money into it and I'm waiting to see what the next 5 patches do for the game before resubbing.

The game is not a bad play for a couple of months which is why I don't regret paying subscriptions but the vision and the rate of improvement is definately worth investing into if you want a true Sandbox game.

So I vote with my wallet to keep the games development going a little longer.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Its either MO or DF.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• Luthor_XLuthor_X Member Posts: 431

Originally posted by Realbigdeal

Its either MO or DF.

Personally I suffer from excessive RL to succeed in either one

/Sad

*Grrrr... edited again for wonking out keyboard... new New G15 can't come fast enough!*

• oshi45oshi45 Member Posts: 42

IMO,  for me its not really about "sandox"  its about a FFA PVP sandbox. 

There is still EVE.   Great game but it is in its own niche even for sandbox.

There is Xsyon.   If you considered Mortal Online a failure,  this game puts things into perspective. 

There is a new project coming from CCP.    World of Darkness.    Nobody knows anything about it yet but coming from CCP its assumed to be a FFA PVP.

If your looking for upcoming Sandbox games, there are a few like Dawntide and Earthrise. 

• davmac22davmac22 Member Posts: 283

Originally posted by thorppes

Don't see anymore true sandboxes like MO coming soon. Sorry dude. Terra doesn't count it's mostly theme-park with some sand.

Tera is not a sandbox mmo...  who said it was?

imageimageimage

Originally posted by oshi45

There is Xsyon.   If you considered Mortal Online a failure,  this game puts things into perspective. 

There is a new project coming from CCP.    World of Darkness.    Nobody knows anything about it yet but coming from CCP its assumed to be a FFA PVP.

If your looking for upcoming Sandbox games, there are a few like Dawntide and Earthrise. 

Yes I suppose EvE is good for people who like space.

WoD - You said it yourself.

Earthrise - Ehhh No. 

Dawntide - Promising the same as MO, will have masses of problems the same as MO.

• Luthor_XLuthor_X Member Posts: 431

Earthrise - Ehhh No. 

Dawntide - Promising the same as MO, will have masses of problems the same as MO.

Dawntide is one of those games that I like more on paper than actually playing the game... or at least actually playing it now in its current state.

• ChinaCatChinaCat Member UncommonPosts: 670

I respect that but in my eye it's not about "voting" as much as investing or gambling.   If one wants to invest in MO they are public and can purchase its stock.  If one wants to gamble one can purchase its game and subscribe.  I gambled and lost.  That's how I feel.   There's always the chance one day SV will turn the game in to some thing really worth playing but so far I only see throwing more money at it as more of a loss.

-CC

"Lately it occurs to me,
    what a long, strange trip it's been". -Hunter

• oshi45oshi45 Member Posts: 42

Anybody figure out yet what the OP is debating?

• bansanbansan Member Posts: 367

Anybody figure out yet what the OP is debating?

General Wisdom:  We should vote with our wallets to ensure that we get quality products that we want.

Problem:  For people who want more quality sandboxes and none of that WOW-clone bs, how can we do it?  Sure, we can ignore the WOW-clones and not buy them, hopefully sending a message.  However, no major developer is making sandboxes or MMO's that the OP wants.  The only ones making them are indie developers, and there's a catch-22.  They don't have cash and resources, so if you don't pre-order OR support them when they release an unfinished product, games won't get made or die quickly.  On the other hand, if you do pre-order or support their unfinished product, you are not really voting with your wallet.

So either you are pissing your money away and possibly encouraging bad developments, or you aren't playing any games.  What to do?

That's my guess at a paraphrase anyway.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

I'll wait for ArcheAge, I am tired of "oh so hardcore" sandboxes which completely forget being user friendly (!=themepark), and just focus on PvP, forgetting about sand. I have yet to see ONE sandbox feature in those "sandbox" games.

Let me elaborate: a feature that can be used in many various ways. Lets say a grappling hook which you can use to drag someone closer, to hook to someones vehicle or for transportation between two ledges. That is a sandbox feature. I see ZERO such features in either MO or DF ( thou I saw some interesting spell in DF allowing you to move forward really quick).

So yeah, the current sandboxes are not sandboxes. They are just themeparks without racial/class restrictions.

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

Originally posted by Toferio

I'll wait for ArcheAge, I am tired of "oh so hardcore" sandboxes which completely forget being user friendly (!=themepark), and just focus on PvP, forgetting about sand. I have yet to see ONE sandbox feature in those "sandbox" games.

Let me elaborate: a feature that can be used in many various ways. Lets say a grappling hook which you can use to drag someone closer, to hook to someones vehicle or for transportation between two ledges. That is a sandbox feature. I see ZERO such features in either MO or DF ( thou I saw some interesting spell in DF allowing you to move forward really quick).

So yeah, the current sandboxes are not sandboxes. They are just themeparks without racial/class restrictions.

Why wait another year or so for ArcheAge?  You know when it's released it's going to be buggy as any other MMO on release and by the time it does come out MO will be polished and have even more sandboxy features.

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Earthrise - Ehhh No. 

Elder scrolls online - is also probably in the making. We know Bethesda is making a MMO and we know the fallout license still belongs to Black isle and elder scroll games is what they are usually making.

And it probably would be at least a semi sandbox, maybe more. Something close to an online version of Oblivion.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Originally posted by Loke666

Earthrise - Ehhh No. 

Elder scrolls online - is also probably in the making. We know Bethesda is making a MMO and we know the fallout license still belongs to Black isle and elder scroll games is what they are usually making.

And it probably would be at least a semi sandbox, maybe more. Something close to an online version of Oblivion.

If i remember, a blizzard employe will help them out and i also heard that they want to make oblivion seem like wow. there wont be FPS gameplay like the elder scrolls sery, but everything else...

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

I guess the people paying for 3 and 4 Mortal Online subscriptions get to vote more than once?

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

• raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453

This is the last chance in a long time for us MMORPG players to see a true sandbox being made. I've already put money into it and I'm waiting to see what the next 5 patches do for the game before resubbing.

The game is not a bad play for a couple of months which is why I don't regret paying subscriptions but the vision and the rate of improvement is definately worth investing into if you want a true Sandbox game.

So you can predict the future? how the fuck is this the last chance in a long time? what do you know? SV failing doesn't mean all others will fail.

companies will have to take other routes to attract customers anyways so if the themepark/instanced MMO's get repetitive and are all déjà vu, then they will come with Sandbox ideas.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

Originally posted by raff01

So you can predict the future? how the fuck is this the last chance in a long time? what do you know? SV failing doesn't mean all others will fail.

companies will have to take other routes to attract customers anyways so if the themepark/instanced MMO's get repetitive and are all déjà vu, then they will come with Sandbox ideas.

Yup.   IMHO the very LAST thing you want to do is incentivise the next group of developers to lower the bar even further on what they are willing to sell as a "released" product.   The surrest way to kill the future of sandboxes is to keep releasing BAD ones.  If 15,000 people bought the game and a few hundred are playing.. that means a huge percentage of those that bought the game have a bad taste in their mouth and will be LESS likely to purchase the next sandbox game regardless of it's merits.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

So in a few more months when the game is more polished and has all the Epic patch features implemented and bug fixed we'll have the sandbox we've been waiting for. The game will be advertised to the general public and they'll most likely enjoy what they see.

We won't have to buy the next sandbox because MO will be in a 'release' state.

So in a few more months when the game is more polished and has all the Epic patch features implemented and bug fixed we'll have the sandbox we've been waiting for. The game will be advertised to the general public and they'll most likely enjoy what they see.

That's certainly ONE prediction for the state of MO in a few months...    Let's just say that I have a different opinion of where it will be "in a few more months".

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

That's certainly ONE prediction for the state of MO in a few months...    Let's just say that I have a different opinion of where it will be "in a few more months".

But you don't and havn't played so yeh... Actually being ingame you see the improvements to the game every patch.

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

But you don't and havn't played so yeh... Actually being ingame you see the improvements to the game every patch.

The forum for current subscribers can be found at http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/mortal-online-customer-discussion/

See.. it's not just about retaining current players..  It's about growing the playerbase from the current 300 simultaneous each night.

So yeah.. back on the topic of the thread.  Some people have voted with their wallet that they want SV to succeed.  Many more have voted to keep their wallets shut.. or have shut them after initially giving them a chance.   Your opinion is that in some undetermined future state, all of MOs problems will be solved and the masses will come breaking down the door trying to get it.  At least that appears to be your opinion, feel free to correct me.  

My opinion is that it's too late.. general perception of the game is firmly entrenched... and the endgame here is a foregone conclusion. (I also highly doubt that all or even the majority of the problems will be fixed in the forseeable future)