Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I don't get the space part of the game...

I saw the video of it on swtor.com, but... i don't get it.  Is it ONLY available as a single player experience?  I mean, I'm not going to be completely close-minded here.  The graphics looked amazing and I personally think it could be refreshing to have an arcade shooter type game IF it allows other players to join in.  But is that even what it is?

It would be cool if you could do something like this...

* You are a smuggler, you approach an NPC who gives you a mission to smuggle this thingermabob from Point A to Point B.  You have another player who is a friend who wants to help you out.

* You begin an on-rails arcade type experience where both of your ships are on the screen.  The game takes you on a run in with some bad guys and you wind up in battle.

That way multiple players could play it and it wouldn't seem as much like an after thought.  Personally, I don't mind a more fast paced type thing.  I never really played space in SWG, but the few times I went into space.  It was boring as hell, there was nobody out there and there was little going on.   I do realize however, that this unfortunately does not lend to PVP.  However, I imagine in the future they could set up something where you could pvp in space at some point.

Another question, aren't the ships player housing too though?  Are they customizable?  Do we know?

Comments

• thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368

Originally posted by bleed0range 

That way multiple players could play it and it wouldn't seem as much like an after thought.  Personally, I don't mind a more fast paced type thing.  I never really played space in SWG, but the few times I went into space.  It was boring as hell, there was nobody out there and there was little going on.   I do realize however, that this unfortunately does not lend to PVP.  However, I imagine in the future they could set up something where you could pvp in space at some point.

I think they have plans to add both multiplayer and PvP space content later, but not for the launch.

Another question, aren't the ships player housing too though? Yes.

Are they customizable?  Do we know? BW has said in multiple occasions that ships will be customisable, but the scale of customisation is still to be revealed.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."