Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Ten Ton Hammer Interview with Russ Brown

KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133

http://www.tentonhammer.com/rift/videos/pax10

Some information is fairly known but they did touch on "Gems" which are rift only rewards (for completing the rift) that you can slot and that give bonuses. Also PvP flagging and rifts (in opposing faction territory on PvE servers) was talked about in the second video.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

Comments

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

lol I think Russ is starting to feel the burnout from talking about this constantly, they need to get some other faces out there and give him a break :P

The stand out statement to me, in all honesty, was the "we know players arnt stupid" thing... So refreshing to hear that attitude off a modern MMORPG dev.

• AzzkickaAzzkicka Member Posts: 157

Thanks for the link.  Pretty good video.  I wish they would show something other then the rogue trees though thats all we ever get to see.

• endersshadowendersshadow Member Posts: 296

I hadnt seen the rogue trees till this video, before I had seen the Warrior-ish tree.

It cracked me up how you could see him light up when he started talking about PvP. When he said "I wouldnt play a game without pvp", that gave me more confidence this game will be good. 

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133

I have to agree about Russ sounding a little burned out. It's a tough schedule and having to say basically the same thing over and over to countless website representatives 3 or 4 days straight...ugh. A good ugh, though. Probably a good thing they are done I believe with cons for the year. Course now they have to get ready for beta. One stress to another.

Cio has some good videos over on Rift Nexus that show mouse overs of the skill trees for a good number of Souls if anyone is interested. Personally I'm waiting for the Beastmaster and Warlord reveals.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• JuulpowerJuulpower Member Posts: 65

Ah thanks, nice vids =D