Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everyone TERA is as EPIC as GW2, GW2 vs TERA seriously.

123457»

Comments

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

Originally posted by baldernono

You are comparing a played game (TERA) and a buzzed game(GW2). Analyse won't be objectives lol

One thing is true : Both games are in the top 5 blockbuster mmorpg in my opinion

People have played gw2. Remember the demos at PAX and Gamescon. There is also going to be another at PAX East.

• binary_0011binary_0011 Member Posts: 528

Originally posted by stayontarget

Originally posted by midmagic

Dodging abilities is a critical part of many current MMOs raid and group content. Unhealable amounts of enemy damage or fight ending abilities that must be avoided are also part of many current MMOs raid and group content. This is not a new feature.

Really, mind if you share a few of those titles that have active dodging & blocking. 

I can think of DAOC & DF...not sure about the many.

vindictus, not only you can dodge and block, you can combo too.  there is no button 1 to 10, but left click, right click, space, z button.  it is like a wreslting, you can even throw bodies around or powerslam.

Originally posted by Palebane

I don't like FFA pvp, so going with GW2.

i dont like instance pvp, so going with tera.

i like open world realms vs realms like warhammer.  ffa pvp is not that bad if they do it right. for example lv 50 is not able to attack lv 40 .

• AryasAryas Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 337

Originally posted by Haegemon

Originally posted by TUX426

Originally posted by slim26

EPIC combat gameplay of a Mage, Priest and a Duel Sword Warrior

This is where you lost my interest. Honestly, how many is enough for this style/setting in an MMO?!

^^ This

Played GW2, TERA, Rift and SWTOR at PAX last weekend. TERA did have the most entertaining combat, but suffers from being a high-fantasy game. Probably the worst thing about it is the setting/theme just because MMO's are oversaturated with fantasy games. Hell, even if TERA was more steampunk, it'd be cooler, but right now, it's an interesting combat system set in the fantasy realm of Generica.

And the GW2 "dynamic events" looks more like "Cycling public quests" where each PQ node has 4-5 events that will fire off in a linear order, so if you stick around one place long enough, you'll do the same event again. Yes, it will let players impact what the next quest offered from the node is, but it's not some highly-complex, deep form of world/story/regional change. At some point, it all went back to how it started.

I'm sorry but this is a total non-argument that doesn't offer anything in terms of a basis for comparion.

So there are lots of high fantasy games out there? Surely:

a) That's indicative of their popularity.

b) Has no bearing on the actual quality of the gameplay.

Rich man:

"Hi there, would you like to swap your Nissan with my Aston Martin One77?"

You:

"Oh no thanks, there's too many luxury cars out there, so I guess the One77 isn't very good - I'll stick with my Nissan"

Aryas

Playing: Ableton Live 8
    ~ ragequitcancelsubdeletegamesmashcomputerkillself ~