Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Really enjoy this game ......but....

GonesoloGonesolo City of Heroes CorrespondentMember Posts: 70

Ok so I've been playing AOC for about a year on and off, and I do enjoy it. Bought the ROTGS expansion and making my way to the new lands with a new character but one thing bugs me a bit.

Do the weapons just look a little bit over sized and silly?

Is it just me or do the weapons (particularly the two handed weapons and bows/crossbows) look over sized and silly?

Particularly when you have a "larger" weapon sheathed it looks so far out of place on your characters back and the two handed swords seem to hang down just a little too low.

Dragon age did a much better job with weapons when sheathed.

Yea I know it's a pretty dumb complaint but it's something thats niggled at me for a bit, I used to just live with it til I say how well Bioware handled back weapons/weapon size in Dragon Age.

Anyone else agree with me?

Comments

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Can't say much about weapon size, they surely didn't seem oversized and silly to me, especially compared with WoW or Asian MMO's.

The distance between weapon and your char's back, that's true, it IS farther from your back: I think the devs calculated a constant distance, taking into account the mantle you'll be wearing and to avoid clipping issues it's farther than usual from the character's body. Of course, especially when you're not wearing a cape, that distance becomes weird, your weapons hanging into the air instead of attached to your back.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."